slug.com slug.com
1 7

I'm a person thats firmly on "the left" but have found Arielle's content extremely helpful and educational in the past. I also have some more nuanced opinions on things (that probably would be disliked by both "free-thinking" and "leftist" types if I simplified them into one liners). To me the most upsetting thing that is happening is the split in feminism, LGBT community and leftism. Its like two parents splitting up and I am the ideological child caught in the middle trying to explain to each why they shouldn't hate eachother.

Its just sad because if we could get over these relatively small language arguments we could actually move forward in changing the world, but neither side is "to blame" and I understand why each side is upset. Thank you for listening.

Creamegg 5 Apr 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ugh i agree. im hoping to band everyone (that's rational) together in this all.

I mean on this issue I agree with you, and more in depth I have other disagreements with you. But this is kinda a critism of you too. I'd hate to be in your position right now and if the things I see people saying about you were directed at me I'd be in tears, but a lot of your critisism is "the left is bad because its not nice" when the left is mostly not nice because its hurt and it sees you as being not nice.

(Although clarifictation: Twitter is a hell hole and I don't go on it for my mental health, on twitter the people I agree with look crazy and the people I disagree with look like a mob coming to get me. I just leave it feeling sad.)

I will continue to listen to your voice as well as the voices of my peers, but I really just want this feud to be over.

If I want to ask anything of you it would be try to sit through a bit of critism of you. Ignore the name calling, and some of the assumptions they make about who you are (like shill and transphobe because I don't think thats true) and listen to what they say. I have a reccomendation if you want a good place to start.

Anyway sorry if this is longer than my main post and thank you for reading through my vent, I hope you're safe and well during this whole crazy time <3

@Creamegg I know this wasn't directed at me, so feel free to ignore, but I think a lot of people who are breaking away from "the left" are people who have attempted to listen to criticism and reason with others but who have been met with nothing but vitriol and name-calling. I still consider myself part of "the left," but I have been emotionally abused by members of my own community significantly more than I've argued with legitimate transphobes. I understand why people on both sides of the argument may be hurt and react with anger and cruelty, especially where identity is concerned, but the problem I have with my "side" is that we tend to excuse our harshness with the idea that we are righteously angry, that we are people without fault, and that any questioning or criticism with legitimate social and scientific basis is the result of people wanting to oppress us. I am not saying people on the other "side" don't behave this way either, but I have grown up surrounded by them and I have never seen them tear each other down the way we do. There's almost a blind camaraderie with them, and people nowadays are expected to choose between that or the purity tests of "the left."

And of course, there is diversity within each "side." But tolerance of diversity of thought isn't something I feel exists strongly within "the left" anymore. I know we are talking about very important issues, issues that affect real human lives at their very core, issues that people are sensitive to, but it doesn't mean they don't deserve to be criticized. It doesn't mean that they aren't doing real harm. And the same can be said for ideas from "the right."

For me, and I recognize that this is a personal anecdote, I used to be very deep into leftist ideologies. I received constant abuse from my peers at the slightest questioning, to the point where it felt like I was metaphorically walking on pins and needles. I still feel that way. I have trouble talking to people within my own circle because I feel like any concern I bring up will be screamed down. I have panic attacks trying to express my thoughts. This isn't just in a social media setting, either, though social media does infect the way people behave. If we expect others to listen to what we have to say, we have to actually listen to others too, and not excuse cruel behavior as the result of being hurt. This goes for both and all sides. No one deserves to be abused.

Disclaimer: the "you" in this isn't directed as you, but just a broader commentary on how I feel about things going on within "the left." I think your contributions to the discussion are really important, and having to think about what I feel and believe is also important. And like you mentioned above, neither "side" is fully to blame.

I'm gonna have to take some time to digest that information/viewpoint... thank you for it though 🙂

Recent Visitors 35

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,802Top