slug.com slug.com
9 13

Hey all!!! Just checking in to make sure we're all staying safe and STAYING HOME!! What are your thoughts on this? Giant govt conspiracy or legit health threat? I take it seriously but am curious to what your thoughts are!!

JaclynGlenn 7 Apr 17
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My 65year old grandma wonโ€™t wear a mask or stop going to her massage therapist... and most of my aunts and uncles that live close to my grandparents arenโ€™t taking this seriously ether. One of my aunts is even inviting people to come to her petting zoo without a mask. Then she and her four kids have dinner with my grandparents once or twice a week.
I live a few states away from that madness, but my dad openly talks about how stupid masks are and has successfully convinced my brother and some of his coworkers that when wearing a mask you have more risk of dying of lack of oxygen than you do of Covid.

I definitely thing it's a major health threat, but I'm not as anxious and washing everything as I was in the beginning ... I used to not hate Donald Trump nor brag about how horrible I think he is until recently watching his behavior towards everyone and everything that speaks out about his mistakes. That makes me VERY uneasy and frustrated to watch because of the severity of our frame of mind in the country at the moment ... I will say in the beginning I did think it was overblown, but then knowing people who know people that died made it more real than not.

I'm also really tired of watching conservative commentators play it off and praise Trump, making this a Republican vs Democrat issue when it's an EVERYONE issue. I'm overall less scared about the disease and more about the fragility of our society and the ignorance and selfishness its exposed in our citizens. Sorry for the rant ... in a nutshell, our society has gone nuts with people spitting in other's faces over a mask and going crazy about their "freedoms being stripped" because of it. Wanna give the same energy to the no shoes and shirt policy of no service? ugh anyways love you Jaclyn you're one of my fave YouTubers in the whole wide werld

Trump canโ€™t be THAT stupid,.. he didnโ€™t act because he is incompetent, he just doesnโ€™t care for people, and if the old and sick are dying of this virus, it serves him just right, because he doesn't need to pay their rent anymore.

In his mind, itโ€™s like a survival of the fittest and those who die from that virus are not his concern, I believe.

Itโ€™s like a passive โ€œethnicโ€ cleaning and his stupid statements and his idiocity are just set up to make everyone believe heโ€™s just stupid, instead of pure evil.

Thatโ€™s my View.

Why are the conspiracy theorist always after the government alone, Iโ€™m more suspicious of companies than governments.
What could be the end game of creating a laboratory virus?
There is a lot of oversight in a government such as in America, but corporations can have a lot more independence and leeway on any and all areas of life, with access to large think tanks and independent researchers and analysts. Many watch dog groups are actively involved in monitoring government in democracy societies, but hiding from the government could be done offshores, through technology, and fraud

I live in South Australia. majority of people isolated themselves voluntarily. non essential businesses closed and we had 15 days with no new cases, then just one from someone who recently came from overseas and has self isolated since arriving, we now only have 2 or 3 active cases and have only had 4 deaths as our system is not at all overwhelmed. I feel incredibly lucky to live where I do right now. Restrictions are starting to be lifted now in stages. I am excited to see my friends again

This is pretty clearly a major health threat. We need to keep Italy in mind - overflowing hospitals and people over age 60 no longer being given respirators because there just aren't enough...or at least weren't enough. The big threat is over-crowding hospitals.

In the future...we've got to just get used to the idea of the government temporarily being given FAR more power to deal with pandemics. South Korea and Singapore may be good models. They did extensive testing, early, however they also are more comfortable with government intrusiveness there...and government surveilance and the sorts of things we in the west hate.

Terrorist bombings do not particularly frighten me. Future pandemics...however....we're going to have more of them as the world becomes steadily more interconnected. I want more government intrusiveness legalized during pandemics. After the pandemic is over with I want us to re-gain our freedoms....But I think we just have no choice but to figure out some far more efficient system for dealing with pandemics than either letting it just spread out everywhere (and flood our hospitals) or shut down our economy for months at a time.

Regarding what to do about this one now...I don't know. My instincts tell me we should have been more cautious than we are now. I was hoping most businesses would have remained closed for another month and that we'd reach a point at which we could stomp the virus down to just a trickle of spread...and then open up most businesses but immediately close up local areas/zip codes when new people get the virus in those areas, but, for better or worse, that doesn't seem to be what we're going to do.

At least this way a few more people will develop immunity and that will help slow the spread. We may have to get 60-80% infected to develop true herd immunity though...and it's not known how long that will last...so total herd immunity just through infections probably won't be an option, unless we want flooded hospitals...unless we get lucky and it mutates into some benign, easily-spreading form that inoculates most of us on its own or something....

I think its a legit health threat and i do think the chinees goverment should be held responsible for it becoming a pandemic and trump should beheld responsible for it geting bad as it has got

I'm sure we need to spread the blame around to more people than just Trump though. I know Trump's an asshat. I'm not sure about the whole picture though. Regarding China...the hero who originally recognized the disease was punished for trying to spread word of it, and that's a big screw-up. However...H1N1 was first detected in the U.S....and it spread all over the world...and you got to know China's hammering down on this now with it's full might to an extent the U.S. would never do.

I'd like an investigation...but maybe it's just one of those things where it's just too hard to keep it from spreading elsewhere.

I think Trump seems to have made comments that probably resulted in the nation not taking this nearly as seriously as they should have. I'm not sure that's something it's possible to legally punish though...or maybe he was just trying to discourage people from panicking and buying all the toilet paper. I think there's a decent chance he's a Russian nationalist trying to destroy America, however.

I think we should take both the virus and government encroachment seriously.

abalone Level 1 Apr 19, 2020

I think this is legit. We have proof of pandemics in the past, and can see how this spreads easily. You will see overprojections on cases and deaths because we have to prepare for the worst case scenario, but that doesn't mean conspiracy, just prudent planning. Stay in. Stay safe. Looking forward to seeing you again when this is all over.

Totally agree!!

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 34

Photos 19 More

Posted by OprichnikiNext I watch muppets Haunted Mansion! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ป Happy Spooktober everyone! ๐ŸŽƒ

Posted by OprichnikiReligious faith corrupts and absolute religious faith corrupts absolutely.

Posted by GodlessPlease join the Atheist Watch Facebook Group. We are anti-feminist [facebook.com]

Posted by jaclynglennfanTrying To Find Other Jaclyn Glenn Fans

Posted by caseyxsharpHere, I want to tell some things that might be helpful for you.

Posted by caseyxsharpHere you can probably find this information more appealing to you than anyone else, so I'm gonna speak it to you instead.

Posted by caseyxsharpHey you know what's great to eat, an omelet on a tortilla with spicy corn beef and Dioblo taco bell sauce.

Posted by caseyxsharpHey you know what's great to eat, an omelet on a tortilla with spicy corn beef and Dioblo taco bell sauce.

Posted by caseyxsharpThis is about.

Posted by caseyxsharpHey.. So you would like people to say things to you that they think of you on here, right, is that right?

Posted by caseyxsharpHey.. So you would like people to say things to you that they think of you on here, right, is that right?

Posted by havenonoHi, Jaclyn! You're nice.

Posted by CollieSo thankful to you Jacker-Lin-Glenn, for telling me about this Slug business

Posted by MadisonAvenueThe Red Book Is Public Now.

Posted by CleverFoxFaceH-O-L-A ppl

• Top tags#video #world #reason #god #youtube #hope #truth #society #TheTruth #hell #evil #videos #humans #Atheist #government #money #death #media #hello #kids #book #devil #Canada #Christian #earth #freedom #children #culture #Jesus #community #created #rights #religious #evidence #Police #fear #racist #bullshit #religion #friends #vote #China #atheism #Constitution #laws #Christians #faith #church #belief #liberal ...

Members 1,322Top