slug.com slug.com
4 4

How should bisexualy be defined? If you're talking about something like the Kinsey Scale, is anyone who's between a 1-5 considered bisexual? Or is it 2-4? Just 3?

I tend to think somewhere between 2-4.. maybe even pretty close to a 3. Something around there. I just don't believe that an iota of attraction is enough to count as being bisexual. Maybe it is technically, but practically speaking I don't think it makes sense. If I were to have an in-depth discussion with someone about my sexuality then all of the nuances could come out, but if I'm just using a label to basically describe it I'll say I'm a lesbian. Plus, the word lesbian doesn't just make people think of sex--it also evokes thoughts of dating, long term partnership, romance, etc. So I think all of that needs to be taken into account when choosing a label.

So yeah, that's my question and those are my thoughts. I've long wondered what other people think about this topic and this space seems like a great place to ask!

coolusername 2 Apr 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you're attracted to males and females in any sense of the word attraction, you're bisexual IMO

Well said.

The same can then be asked of how lesbian is lesbian enough. I think those firmly lesbians fear that by being too inclusive it perpetuates critical stereotypes. I don't know how this dilemma can be resolved without either an expansion of labels or at least a clarification.

I also understand why someone would just say they are lesbian when their bi-tendencies are much more on the lesbian side. I would think that sometimes it is just for safeties sake, especially if some creep is harassing them.

I would love to see a middle ground. Unfortunately, I think that means an expansion of terms. Now as to terms, what kind of consensus do you need or is it more like a merging of terms. Could they use Bi-Lesbian or do you create a new term. Or is it impossible to please everyone so do as you will?

People as a group need to decide how exclusive or inclusive a term is and when it would be ok to skirt the meaning.

I've been wondering the same thing. How much do I need to like men to be bisexual? I like the aesthetics of some men but I wouldn't want to date any of them. And a lot of where my attraction to men comes from is Hollywood and all of the actors that I really admire while thinking they're cute. So the power dynamic is there so should I count that when considering my over all sexuality? Sexuality is just so strange and nuanced that I don't know if there's an accurate answer for who should be labeled bisexual because there's this massive gray area in between all of the labels.

"Lesbian" can also come with some cultural and social implications as well! I feel like that's whats irking some lesbians, there are certain stigmas that can be annoying or even detrimental. It's not really good form to try and take advantage of a label when you are unwilling to accept those parts too.

I try to avoid the label altogether and describe my actions. "Exclusively girls" is more accurate than "straight guy" for me because it communicates only what I mean and doesn't carry the weight of "straight".

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,802Top