slug.com slug.com

3 3

Wisdom from Leonydus Johnson:

The existence of a problem in society is not even remotely a justification for the govt being involved with "fixing" it. People act like it's a foregone conclusion that acknowledging a problem exists means that the govt should intervene.

Wordmage 8 Oct 28

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is hard to see life as a risk if government, at the demand of the populace, removes those risks. It becomes a habit to ask for the government to do something about removing them. Make this safer. Make that easier. Government providing education turns into indoctrination. Government providing healthcare turns into euthanasia and abortion, where life and death become a cost/benefit analysis and instead of some individuals needing charity for medical services very few could afford it on their own.
The do-gooders will rush in and save everyone from themselves replacing the physical chains of slavery with mental and regulatory chains.

You described the issue so perfectly I want to steal it and put it on my other social media platforms (I try to stay active on six, so far &hellip😉 (oy vey). Do you have a preference whether I quote you by name or anonymize it with "Overheard on the Interwebs"?
(Leonydus Johnson is a public figure, and my friend Tom Gilleece is a near-public figure, hence my reason for not anonymizing their quotes.)

@Wordmage Thanks for the acknowledgement. you can steal it. I'm not a public figure so it is probably just as well to say you "overheard it on the interwebs" but if you want you can use my name. It's ok with me.

Government intervening usually means prolonging the problem. A good example is Keynesian economics, where government intervenes to correct a bump. In case after case, it only prolongs it to a bumpy ride. Something like the Covid vaccine, which still produces casualties. Natural immunity could be likened to classical economics. There's no breaking the bank for Big Pharma.

Excellent point, and one that should be as obvious to everyone as it is to Mr. Johnson.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:281680
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.