slug.com slug.com

5 4

America needs to stop reacting to Covid-19 like a bunch of hysterics-
[thefederalist.com]

Just got word earlier today that the Allentown Fair which was set to run the first week in September this year has been cancelled. During the last 100 years only one other time (during World War 1) has the Fair been cancelled, and during its long history has seen plenty of turbulent times. This madness needs to stop, if anyone is that concerned about getting Covid then just stay the hell home, requiring everyone wear a mask and keep distance should have been good enough, but the Fair director caved to the paranoid crowd though.

SpikeTalon 10 July 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While that vast majority of these actions are purely political, there is also the very real threat of activist lawsuits for any death that could be even loosely associated with an event. Imagine how it could snowball if an entity with limitless resources like SPLC were to win a couple of obscure cases. Such are the benefits of a legal system run by and for lawyers working with laws made by lawyers.

I hear you... and hence my question why no one is suing the local state governors and mayors for the loss of life and property during the riots?
We were told in America everyone sues everyone for anything yet this is not happening?

@Hanno IF Trump is re-elected, I think we can count on it.

Couldn't agree more. I heard that the CDC issued a statement that the deaths from Covid-19 have been reduced to a level that soon it will drop below pandemic level. I think the initial response was definitely warranted. We had very little idea what we were dealing with. After a month or so, new information came out and indicated that the virus wasn't nearly as deadly as had been predicted.

Power hungry officials saw their chance and took it. They knew that they had to consolidate their power and spread disinformation so that they could act as dictators for awhile.

Their actions are completely disgusting to me.

If you feel the need to participate in this unwarranted hysteria, go right ahead.

Leave me out of it. I don't buy the bullshit they're selling.

This already happened... look at the Worldometer data... the fraction critical cases are now at 1% of active cases.
Death rate was 8% just a week ago... the expected death rates for current cases are well below 0,5%.

I wonder if insurance companies pressure events or vendors so that they can’t open.

Man, I couldn't agree more. This bull has been carried way further than necessary. The number of related deaths continues to decline, which tells me most new cases are people in relatively good health. Time to call off the dogs.

The company I work for is down because of Covid fear and they've been in business for 72 years. I got lucky and found alternative employment a few months ago but I never though I'd see the day where I would have to. It's ridiculous.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111249
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.