slug.com slug.com

5 1

How Civil Wars Start

BlurtReynolds 7 Nov 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Humanity will bifurcate into a leftist side and a conservative side, and there
will be eternal war between right and left. The Rural Allies vs. the Axis of
Urban. Leftists like hurting conservatives and they'll never stop. It's
entertainment in their community.

Wondering what will happen to objective things like sports. We may see a bifurcation of
sports into a leftist league and a conservative league, and they won't play each other.

The Justice Department will escalate attacks on Republicans. Democrat voters will claim that this
means that Republicans are Nazis. Trump will be attacked to the max.

Democrats excommunicated most of America. The excommunicated will form their own protestant church.

America needs a divorce, and leftists won't grant it. They need tax money from conservatives. The ultimate
showdown will be when conservatives find a way to be financially sovereign. Then leftists will invade the right. Leftists are not live and let be. They are cultural conquistadors.

Hobbs refused to debate Lake and almost won. In the future, it will become common for Democrats to refuse to debate Republicans.

The Democratic party is a powder keg of warring tribes and hate for Republicans is the only thing holding it together. Light the fuse.

I'm to a point where I believe both political extremes are a threat to our society. Not denying the elites in power can and have started civil wars, but there are always exceptions to the rule and those in the underclasses are certainly capable of violent uprising. Also, not going to deny far-right factions can be violent prone, but in the last three or so years there's been an increase in violent rhetoric and actions from far-left groups too, in particular ANTIFA and BLM.

A good start in an effort to bridge the cultural divide in our country would be to stop either claiming the US is strictly a democracy or strictly a republic, as doing such is really making alot of folks on both sides resentful and frustrated. In reality, the US is a constitutional republic that utilizes the democratic process, so it is both of those and not just one or the other. This rhetoric that our democracy is in danger or that the republic is deteriorating is nothing more than manipulating people through fear and confusion... and it needs to stop if we are ever to achieve peace and satisfaction in our country. Of course, said fearmongering is all about appealing to one's preferred political side, advancing the agenda/narrative of the "right" side of the political debate. Small wonder why so many are upset and paranoid of their neighbors. Our politics have come down to fingerpointing and hurling accusations, accusing the other guy of cheating or rigging elections, and both major political Parties are guilty of that.

In particular, since the start of summer this year violent rhetoric has increased among far-left circles who are disgruntled over Roe getting overturned, including an incident where someone traveled to the home of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh in order to assassinate him, and where do you suppose he got that idea from? I can understand some being upset over Roe getting overturned, but is violence of that sort automatically warranted? I'd say not, but a good number of those on the far-left would disagree with me on that.

As for the Judge in Arizona who refused to bar a group of armed and presumably rightwing activist poll watchers, I have yet to come across any evidence that group of activists directly threatened or intimidated anyone else at the polls, aside from just standing around and maybe looking scary. The same cannot be said back in November 2008 when armed poll watchers with the Black Panthers did threaten and harass bystanders/voters, and charges were filed against them. So that sort of thing with supposed voter intimidation is nothing new, only thing is the incident in 2008 was certainly more a direct threat to others than what we saw this year in Arizona.- [justice.gov]

Lastly, it would not only be black churches, "liberals" (dare I call them that, as most of those these days on the far-left are far removed from being genuinely liberal in my opinion), and Democratic politicians, but also mostly white churches conservatives and pro life crisis pregnancy centers that face risk of violence and sabotage. Again, since June of this year there have been increased calls for harassment and violence against those with conservative views and or ties to crisis pregnancy centers, with multiple acts of vandalism on said pro life centers and churches. So in closing, if honesty is the aim here I'd venture to say that both extremes are potentially dangerous to the rest of civilized society, and we need to stop pretending only the one side is the victim and the other the violent offender, because that sort of propaganda is precisely what's keeping us divided as a nation and also keeping us in a perpetual state of fear and confusion. At the risk of sounding like a total pessimist cynic here, I don't foresee any changes made for the better anytime in the near future, and are preparing for things to get even worse than they presently are. I hope I am wrong about that though, and I suppose time will tell for sure. Good reading you on here by the way.

@BlurtReynolds Here are two other good reads by the way-

[nbcnews.com]

[reason.com]

Thanks for this thoughtful and detailed response. I’ll give it all some thought and respond as soon as I feel I have something equally constructive to say.

Although this is the kind of foolishness that angers thinking people, it is important to hear that this is what the left is preaching.

Fortunately, the vast majority of those who will be angered by this foolishness are also the strongest minded people who use reason rather than violence. We don’t need to reason with the fools putting out this inflammatory nonsense that is easily disprovable; we need to reason with those who are just ignorant. It’s fairly easy to tell which people those are. Usually they’ll be the ones that questioned the tyranny and the double standards during the lockdowns.

Don’t take this provoking drivel to heart.

Thanks for your commentary. I would really like to understand your perspective. Could you be more specific? For example, would you point out something stated in the video that is categorically false, and say what you believe the truth is instead, and say something about how you verify that truth? Thanks.

@BlurtReynolds
Well, without watching that irritating nonsense again, we could start with the lies about “most of the violence comes from conservative white males”. All one needs to do is look around and see that, even with the demographics in the United States (majority “white” ), all the BLM riots were not perpetrated by “conservative white males”.

I used to spend countless hours re-researching, re-validating sources and explaining my analysis to everybody that asks, but have found this to be a ridiculous waste of time. There are many sources that refute many of her lies, but I’ve already done my research, my source validation and my analysis. I don’t memorize all my sources, I look them up when I need them. Therefore, since I’ve already done the hard work and will continue to do it on the issues that matter to me, I suggest you do the same since no one person has the time to litigate and re-research every issue for which every new individual asks them to do all the work. The resources and expert provided data are usually available when they haven’t been censored or cancelled.

I wish you luck in your search for truth rather than the leftist narrative.

@Daveclark5
Could you point me in the direction of a source where I could look up reliable statistics on which groups do more violence? I would appreciate it, thanks.

@BlurtReynolds I just spent about an hour getting thing a couple of examples and writing them down with some guidance on how to analyze the data and discussing validation of sources, but then I touched your handle before touching the button to post the reply and I lost all that work. I’d suggest you just look up Demographics and violent crime and find some sources you trust, like the FBI? or other crime data capturing agencies. (I know, the FBI is no longer a trusted agency in their leadership, but you get the idea.). Once you find a source you trust, don’t take things out of context, compare apples to apples. Check all aspects of the demographics (don’t say 2/3 of crimes are committed by whites and less than a third of the crimes are committed by black/African Americans. Note also what they mean by whites and black/African Americans and what percentage of the population falls in each category. Also note what percentage of the victims fall in which demographic. Once you do that, I’d suggest you find and validate other sources and compare their data. Also, note what is going on around you. You may notice that the picture is skewed and realize that it isn’t as much of a question of the color of the skin of the perpetrators and victims as it is a matter of their economic demographic or their religious or non-religious demographic. Of course those data points will be harder to find.

I have had the advantage of growing up in abject poverty and living in the projects (majority black/African American neighborhoods). I also lived in predominately white neighborhoods and currently live in a close to equal proportion neighborhood with Asians, white, black, and Hispanic. As an adult I’ve been in the lowest economic class and I’ve been in the middle class. Ive lived around almost all Christian’s and I’ve lived around people who had no religious thoughts or preferences and I’ve lived around atheists. Culture has a much larger effect than most Americans seem to think and culture isn’t just color based.

I’ve spent all the time I’m interested in spending on this issue, but I wish you luck finding the info you seek. Good night.

@Daveclark5

Thanks.

This woman is a liar. White extremest violence? What was BLM? Oh right mostly peaceful.

Bullsh*t. You can see it in her body language alone. But its still Leftist propaganda on its face, even without that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:380784
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.