slug.com slug.com

4 0

What are thoughts on abortion? Trying to understand it from some objective perspective!!

Everyone has thoughts on abortion but no solutions...let's see what comes from this conversation??

NailorHart 4 Mar 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think its funny how pro lifers always try to take this anti emotional stance. I think if it wasn't an emotional thing to them than it wouldn't be a big deal. The way I see it is that we try so hard to separate ourselfs from nature in so many ways. Pro life is just another way humans try to make themselfs better than animals. But in truth animals are the only ones following the laws of nature, and in my opinion the laws of nature are gods laws.

I am actually unemotional about the hole thing, and it seems to me that the decision to have a child is in the caretakers hands for a reason. If abortions are such a problem for woman who feel ashamed because they do want children I think that says more about the sickness of society than it says about the individual.

"Its a life and that's murder" is a very narrow view of a very broad situation. Animals have to pick between healthy babies all the time. Leaving sickly or disfigured (even if just in color of fur) out of caring for the pack in Hope's that the extra suport will help the healthier babies survive. Why man thinks hes above this and should dictate the survival rate and morality to the caretaker is beyond my comprehension. I agree with the video posted, it is simple and it is complicated, but by both sides of the argument. Both sides are equally emotional.

In our modern society we seek to eradicate our connection to nature and put ourselfs above it with reasoning of higher morals but we are far from being reasonably capable of this. This is something that should be a slow evolution, right now we are part of the way there but the arguments are always forcing a perspective rather than facing logical facts of the situation.

That mother you force to have a child may very well become a burden on society, maybe she could have chosen to have a kid a year or two or five later and been productive member with a well adjusted kid but you forced her to take a path she knew was not the right one and the rest of her life and maybe the rest of her kids life may just be unessasary suffering. That's just picking between the lives of two children, not sure how murdering one is any more appalling than never giving the second a chance.

>>Everyone has thoughts on abortion but no solutions

Well, that's not true. No solutions? To what?
If you are saying that no one has a solution to children being murdered, the obvious solution is that it be treated like all other murders.
Or do you mean a solution to the fact that there are different political 'perspectives' on the issue? That is true of pretty much every issue. If that is your basis, then there are no 'solutions' to anything.

I'm pro-life, but here is a logical conversation between two different perspectives.

After pondering on this topic for years, I truly don't think there will ever be a universal solution to such an emotional debate. Some will always claim abortion is murder, while others have no qualms. That is one issue I no longer dwell on much anymore.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23401
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.