slug.com slug.com

0 0

Hawley cited 2005, when House Democrats objected to counting Ohio's electoral votes for President George W. Bush. At the time, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., termed the objection "fundamental to our democracy."
"This time around, anyone who objected has been called an 'insurrectionist,'" he wrote. "Sadly, much of the media and many members of the Washington establishment want to deceive Americans into thinking those who raised concerns incited violence, simply by voicing the concern. That's false. And the allegation itself is corrosive and dangerous."
Multiple Democrats in the House and Senate have called on Hawley and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, to resign, per Newsweek. Cruz also led the effort to object to the election certification.
"Any senator who stands up and supports the power of force over the power of democracy has broken their oath of office," Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., said in a statement last week. "Sens. Hawley and Cruz should resign."
Several hundred protesters gathered in downtown St. Louis on Saturday to call for Hawley's removal. They chanted slogans such as, "No Hawley. No KKK. No fascist USA," the Associated Press reported.
Hawley has given no indication he is considering leaving office.
"These are difficult days for our country," he wrote. "All I can promise you is that I will do my best, day in and day out, to represent your voice, no matter who criticizes me. And I will do my utmost to preserve, protect, and defend this republic that we call home."

Saigon2o 7 Jan 28

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:178896