slug.com slug.com
1 0

"But Ye Shall Die Like Men"

Have you ever wondered why God has not smote down the fallen angels, these "principalities" that rule the nations up to this time? So have I. So I conducted this little "thought experiment" as to why. Go back in time with me if you will to when God divorced Himself from the nations after the Nimrod-Babel debacle.

After the flood, human population increased over the face of the earth. Then we read in Gen 10:9 that this character Nimrod rose to be an impudent tyrant (as can be translated from the Hebrew "gibbor" and "paniym" - which are translated as "mighty" and "hunter" in the KJV), who cooked up the tower of Babel idea in defiance of the Creator. Long story short, the people were scattered and their language was confounded. After this event, we read about the table of nations assigned to the "children of Israel" in Deuteronomy 32:8. Apparently some scribes diddled with the Masoretic text here, because when the nations were divided after Babel, Israel did not exist yet. God's calling out of Abraham from Ur later was to create His own nation out of and separate from the nations which He had divorced Himself from. In the ESV (which is based on both the Septuagint and the Dead Sea scrolls) we read the verse rendered as:

"When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when He divided mankind, He fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God"

This is corroborated by Psalm 82:6. "Sons" or "children" of God always denote direct creations of God, like Adam and the angels. You and I, in the natural, are "sons" or "children" of men. As a short segue, something "technical" happens to those born again - they become sons of God.

Back to our story, we read in Psalms 82:7

"But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes."

To die like men means these are not men. These are heavenly beings who sit in the Divine Council with God (v1). We read these heavenly beings being upbraided by God in v2 for not doing the right thing as they ought to do. But why doesn't God just smite them right then and there? I'm going to suggest to you that God's calling on these divine beings  - just like with everyone else whom God calls - is without repentance. Which explains why these fallen angels are still released after their thousand year chastisement during the Lord's Millennial Reign - because their calling has not been revoked yet.

But this "ye shall die like men" prophecy, has this happened yet? Isaiah 14:13-16 alludes to Satan possessing a man (v16) who will be captured and killed in the great battle that precedes Christ's Millennial Reign. I'm going to suggest to you that these other fallen beings in the Divine Council will likewise possess leaders - "princes" - of this invasion who likewise suffer the same fate: they get to "die like men." Then they are bound a thousand years together with their ringleader.

Which explains why God rolls creation up "like a scroll" and burns it up "in fervent heat" after the fallen angels and the rebellious part of mankind are defeated in the final battle of Rev 20. This act breaks the "without repentance" aspect of the call of God to these beings, as we can parallel with God's condition for ending His call on Israel in Jeremiah 31:35-36 - when the sun and the stars will be no more. This view also explains why God is pictured as "inheriting" the nations in Psalm 82:8, even when He already owns everything. He had assigned them out to these heavenly beings, and His respecting this assignment despite their rebellion shows that God does not break or renege on His word. Which could also suggest that these beings fell after Babel (Satan clearly fell earlier).

This is not doctrine, OK, just a personal view of how the big picture could POSSIBLY look like. So, as before, take this with a grain of salt. This view may have nailed it, may have come to a close approximation of it, or might just be out in the field in the middle of nowhere. Grain of salt.

eschatologyguy 9 Feb 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I shared this with my younger sister, and she asked if these beings will become like mortal men. I'm sharing with you my explanstion and answer to her:

Angels of good standing cannot "possess" human beings because they already have glorified bodies. But we read in Gen 1:6 that the rebellious ones disrobed themselves from their glorified bodies to do their mischief with the daughters of men. How do we know that they disrobed from their glorified bodies? Because Jude said so in v6.

It is this very kind of body, "tent" or "habitation" that Paul writes in 2Cor 5:2 that we are earnestly desiring to be "clothed" upon. It is the same thing Paul wrote about in Romans 8:23 in "the adoption of our bodies." It's the body we get at the Rapture. Being in our glorified bodies completes our salvation process. We are saved by faith but our salvation is still to be completed according to Romans 8, when our bodies shall be changed into glorified ones that cannot die. What we have now is the "earnest" of the Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13-14).

Rebellious angels who came out from their glorified bodies are now able to enter into unprotected human beings. I believe this is how these beings from the Divine Council in Psalm 92 will be able to possess leaders of the vast Magogian army that will be invading Israel. And when these possessed human leaders are killed in battle, the beings possessing them will undergo the experience of "dying like men." They'd still be around (still exist) after their hosts are killed. Then they'd be "bound" for a thousand years together with their ringleader Satan. We read of this sordid future event in Isaiah 14:9-11. I hope this helps.

Recent Visitors 5

Photos 116 More

Posted by eschatologyguy Warning: Rather dark content.

Posted by WeltansichtPsalm 122:6 Tehillim 122:6

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by eschatologyguy A Likely Scenario (based on many prophetic passages) The Left never sleeps and they never stop plotting utterly sick, perverse evil.

Posted by eschatologyguyA covenant in a generic sense is a peace agreement.

Posted by eschatologyguy The idea or concept of being allowed to escape the coming tribulation was already prophesied back in Job and Psalms and the prophets.

Posted by WeltansichtAhh, to be as children ;-)

Posted by WeltansichtFrom Jerusalem Hashem bless all of us with a wonderful, healthy, sweet, and productive New Year… A year of peace.

Posted by WeltansichtThe rabbi has not done a live FB session in a long long time, so it must be insightfully important. 8 PM EASTERN His page: [facebook.com]

Posted by eschatologyguyI have a high respect for these two guys, but the more they shoehorn Russia in as the endtime bogeyman and claiming it to be "prophetic," the more incredible they sound.

Posted by WeltansichtNot sure if it is prophetical, but there are ways to support Israel, despite the globalists' apartheid boycott divestment and sanctions movement. [levhaolam.com]

Posted by eschatologyguy Most Troy Black's "prophecies" missed the mark. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he got his revelations from. Careful with "internet prophets."

Posted by eschatologyguy The Philippine Department of Education just opened the door to let the LGBT ideological insanity in. Clueless leaders being clueless. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by WeltansichtBehold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of ...

Posted by eschatologyguy One world government has its appeal with science buffs who are told by popular physicists like Michio Kaku, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and others that this would be a necessary development to allow a ...

• Top tags#video #god #Israel #Bible #world #ChuckMissler #church #Jesus #Christians #earth #faith #Christian #biden #iran #Rapture #nation #book #truth #hope #evil #government #pastor #reason #military #Islam #media #China #money #children #nuclear #USA #hell #sin #EndTimeProphecy #youtube #ancient #teachers #death #Jerusalem #holy #evidence #democrats #Satan #TheTruth #population #spirit #verses #fear #Canada #MiddleEast ...

Members 139Top

Moderators