Do you believe in God?

• 32 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 7 votes
#god
ramzpaul 8 June 25
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmm, who believes in something for which there is no evidence? There's a reason I don't believe in Unicorns, Aliens, Flying pigs, and time travel. I'm open to the possibility of any of these things, but until there is evidence that they exist, why force yourself to believe they do?

Mystic Level 3 June 26, 2020

What kind of evidence would you accept?

@Tycho Any evidence that provides proof.

@Mystic You want absolute proof - not just evidence? That's why I asked what you would accept.

I have personal anecdotes. But one's personal experiences are usually not too convincing to others.

And from Mathematics, Physics, Biology... there are indicators that there's certainly something metaphysical and perhaps directed or purposeful in the Universe. I can't provide absolute proof. But we can't prove Einstein's Relativity either. We look at the evidence and decide from there if a theory stands up.

My belief isn't a theory in the strict sense. A theory not only explains the available facts but is a predictive statement. My belief can't make predictions and I'm not sure what kind of experiments would even be possible... As I said there are indicators, pointers - not absolute proof.

Of course I believe in god/deity/higher power. I just chose not to get involved with organized religion because of the conflicting doctrines and dogma promoted.

As the personification of the inherent Order of the universe? Of course.

As a Hyksos volcano god? Of course not.

No. That being a God, god, or gods as described by any religion. Belief in God is an emergent phenomenon that arose when we developed the abilities to abstract and imagine and those abilities started interacting with our survival instincts. All serious religious texts (unlike Scientology) are attempts at explaining the unknown. Humans tend to feel insecure if there is something they do not understand because if we do not understand it, it could be a danger. We feel much more secure if we think we know something even if what we think we know is wrong.

Pand0ro Level 7 June 25, 2020

Yes. I believe in the only God, the Christian God. Jesus's crucifixion, along with other aspects of his life, are persuasive to me, as well as the incredible endurance of those persecuted for their faith, such as the "hidden Christians" of Japan and the first Christians.

mirro Level 4 June 25, 2020

I don't know., but the more you delve into the creation of the universe, and quantum physics, the more weird things get.

However, with the current state of events and downright evil manifesting in the western world ,i'll leave you to ponder over the final sentence from The Mothman Prophecies written by John Keel;
'If there is a Universal Mind, must it be sane......?''

Yes. For the majority of my life I was an atheist but one day I started reading The Bible — the book that I always dismissed — and God gave me faith. I know God exists, and Jesus died for our sins and I’m blessed to have faith and to have been saved.

pnw1234 Level 6 June 25, 2020

I can't see how anyone can read Romans 1 and not realize that the situation in America today has a Biblical explanation.

Triumph Level 6 June 25, 2020

I believe in God very much... But still consider myself agnostic.

I'm not a Christian, though I have nothing against them. I consider myself agnostic because, although I believe in a God, I don't know what to believe about this God.

Tycho Level 7 June 25, 2020

That's how I feel too. I grew up Christian but I'm not sure that's right. I do believe in a higher power.

Yes, with the help of DMT. Prior to that, it took a lot of faith to believe in a god. I'm an agnostic who is rooting for a good God to exist. So far, the evidence appears mixed.

Admin Level 8 June 25, 2020

I'm not a believer but I am a fan.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 58

Photos 516 More

Posted by CourseofEmpireA little weird. All of them ina nation that is overwhelmingly Eastern Orthodox? Shouldn’t there be more of them in there instead?

Posted by InspirationHow do you explain this.

Posted by CourseofEmpireIf the international banking cartel says that you aren't allowed to have a bank account, it means you are a threat.

Posted by CourseofEmpireThis should be our objective

Posted by CourseofEmpireProposed measures to reduce fertility in the US, 1967. "Too Many Americans."

Posted by CourseofEmpireA little pita bread, tsaziki, souvlaki, mmmm, quite tasty; not sure about the social media platform though. ;)

Posted by CourseofEmpireI mean, is he really wrong?

Posted by CourseofEmpireThere are reports many larger cities are starting to see an outward drift. Maybe the early stages of this? ;)

Posted by CourseofEmpireWhy can’t C-19 vaccine mandates be taken seriously?

Posted by CourseofEmpireWarren is one of the inventors of mRNA and he believes 1 to 2 billion will die from this vaxx. [twitter.com]

Posted by CourseofEmpireThe vast majority are vaxxed. This can’t be the unvaxxed who are mostly dying. Remember, they are a few months ahead of the Northern hemisphere.

Posted by CourseofEmpireAwesome 😂

Posted by CourseofEmpireWeimar (yes, THAT Weimar) will no longer report numbers of vaxxed people being hospitalized for COVID because the truth might be used for "misinformation." -Lovecraft's Cat

Posted by CourseofEmpireAny cause. This is an amazing vaccination, you are almost invincible if you get it, everyone (except a few little side effects and such)! 😂

Posted by CourseofEmpireHow long before a politician is physically attacked and even killed for mandating vaccines? [news.com.au]

Posted by CourseofEmpireNotice how much things increased with this one vaccine?

• Top tags#video #world #media #government #hope #biden #money #Police #youtube #reason #truth #death #god #culture #rights #whites #democrats #society #China #politics #USA #freedom #vote #evidence #Canada #children #videos #TheTruth #liberal #racist #nation #evil #fear #kids #racism #chinese #friends #hell #conservative #community #crime #propaganda #justice #Christian #book #population #religion #FreeSpeech #antifa #violence ...

Members 1,889Top