slug.com slug.com
4 2

Trump doesn't take credit for low crime like he did low unemployment. Why?

Before COVID-19, Trump never missed an opportunity to tout record low unemployment, particularly for Black people, despite the fact that the current trend began long before his inauguration. Why doesn't Trump take credit for similar record lows in violent crime?

WilyRickWiles 8 Aug 5
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The ONLY real reason crime is down is that Gangster RAP is not cool like it was since the 90's. I also don't believe it is down except that it is not so cool with white boys anymore. You don't see the ass backward ball caps as much and youth copy cat'ing drive by's, car jackings and home invasions...Boy, sure mis dem days...

So lets be clear, over all since 2010, crime rates have been way down, but trump making comments about the recent spike in violent crimes that this data has not even recorded makes you upset?

Not just the recent ones, though alarmism about insignificant fluctuations is an issue too. But he has been one-note on this issue, every year since 2016.

@WilyRickWiles Well if you want to be fair the statistics also say chicago is in the 25 cities with the most violent crime in the US, so comparing to lets say pittsburgh, or anywhere else it's going to look worse. But I can understand. I'm going to be frank though, I feel like the intention behind the alarmism right now is because mayors in these spiked cities aren't doing anything about it.

like, do you believe the whole "trump gestapo" stuff buzzing all over the MSM?

@OnDaL00kOut The alarmism is classic demagoguery. It's whips up Trump's base. There is nothing new about how Mayors are responding. My mayor, for example, has responded by increasing heavy-handed policing tactics and welcoming Trump's "Operation Legend." Like I said elsewhere, though, those tactics have been tried before and won't make a meaningful difference to the neighborhoods that bear the brunt of violent crime. They need to address root causes, and that requires the Federal Reserve to ease state and local budgets at minimum.

I don't think Trump can make the Federal Reserve do anything about the federal reserve. Presidents only have limited power over the federal reserve.

@OnDaL00kOut The President selects the Chairman (in fact Trump replaced a relatively new Chairman during his term) and Governors and can set policy for the Department of the Treasury, which works in conjunction with the Fed on different programs. The Fed has been authorized to buy municipal debt just as it has for Treasuries, mortgage securities, and even corporate debt now. It is simply a matter of the President or Congress making it a priority. Local governments are in a bad spot because 1. Decades ago, when Congress insured private pensions and set minimum contributions and investment criteria, it did not do the same for public pensions, and 2. They have had to spend and ask questions later to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Nathan Tankus has done some of the best coverage on the Fed and their response (and its potential). [nathantankus.substack.com]

@OnDaL00kOut And to clarify, the "Trump gestapo" stuff is a response to the federal agents, mostly from the border patrol that Trump deployed first in Washington, DC and then Portland, who have brutalized and kidnapped protesters beyond the walls of federal buildings. He has postured about sending agents elsewhere in response to protests, but so far Operation Legend is similar to past temporary surges of mostly FBI agents to combat gun violence.

@WilyRickWiles I disagree, I don't believe anyone should form angry mobs and disguise themselves as protesters so they can get away with it. If someone can give me definitive proof that my media sources are lying to me then I will be happy to join the club, and tell the feds to piss off, but people have this idea that arson, violence, looting, and vandalism is socially just and they're insane. I'm mainly talking about Portland and Seattle as examples of the riot s... But im sure im not paying attention to other places equally as violent.
Anyways, I'm not saying that brutalizing and kidnapping is okay, I just don't think that is true. I have seen videos of "protesters" being arrested and tear gassed, shot with rubber bullets, and if those people were actually peaceful I'd be more terrified of that than some Marxist insurrection, but I'm also not going to support that kind of hypocritical lawlessness. I'm glad Trump intervened in Portland. It should have been taken care of before he had to send in feds.
I peeked at your link, and didn't see his coverage of the rioting or protests, but I've seen journalists who go there to see whats happening for themselves, and it is scary. They are conservative so if people recognize them there they get attacked or asked to leave, the have to pretend like they are a part of the mob to get press, and gtfo before someone realizes they're conservative. And people who were given multiple warnings by officers to disperse after things start escalating they feds come out and if they continue to destroy federal property then they shot at and tear gassed... And if they don't get arrested they run to the first reporter with a camera to prove their rights are being violated and cops are evil and claim they were peaceful. That's just not true, but that is their truth, and I feel like it is counter productive for a movement who claim they care about black lives, and want social justice,

@OnDaL00kOut Here's a BLM protest in Chicago.

@OnDaL00kOut Also, I personally was thrown by a cop at another protest. I was just standing there with my bike when they charged the crowd, spraying tear gas indiscriminately and swinging their batons, in retaliation for a handful of protesters who earlier had thrown things at them.

@OnDaL00kOut If by conservative you mean they are informing for the police, feds, or a fascist group, then I understand why the protesters might not take kindly to their presence.

@OnDaL00kOut We can debate about the morality of attacking property, degrees of civil disobedience and nonviolent (but not peaceful) protest, and excessive force and militarization of policing, but the main issue with the federal agents is their creeping infringement on the rights of the states and the due process rights of individuals. The protesters are in the streets reclaiming their civil liberties.

@WilyRickWiles police tear gassed them with the rest of the people and shot at too. but this happens to all conservative voices and it as been since trump was elected. What I meant was journalists who typically walk around and interview people at event like rallies and protests to create dialog, and they get accuse of being fascist (funny how you mentioned fascists), or accused of being racist, and people will go to lengths as far as physically censoring(shouting over them on a megaphone) them while they are filming or being asked to leave.... I've seen police kick conservatives out of PUBLIC EVENTS because they wanted to give a progressive movement coverage, but since lefties are constantly changing the definition of things to fit their narrative people who lean left started associating all conservatives with Nazis and the kkk. So, no they are not informants, they are sick of everyone believing what they see on tv, or pretty much most other news sources.
I don't want to discredit your own experience, I believe you that you were just standing there, they really should have gave a warning before charging so if they didn't I understand why you feel like your rights were violated, but at least they are trying to prevent Chicago from developing a CHAZ-like commie camp. People thought I was Hitler for being ok with that when it happened here for a few weeks. The first night people rioted and looted and attacked the cops, and 12 didn't play games after that. When you don't bend the knee to the mob, the mob will calm the fuck down, and then eventually they will either go away, or stop. If you are going into a protest with violent intentions and you act on them police have the right to defend themselves, and they are using non lethal weapons, giving warnings, when they could just arrest everyone, or they could go full force fascist and shoot everyone... What else do you expect?

Imagine what it must be like to be a cop these days... Not that you should feel bad, but everyone expects them to bend the knee and let the mob behead the entire police department and give all their funding to social workers... So if you attend a protest and people start attack cops, you should probably go stand with your bike somewhere else. I'm not saying it is ok to do that, I wasn't there to see what happened, but people were inciting violence, it starts with water bottles and if you bend the knee, next week it will be a Molotov Cocktail.

@OnDaL00kOut We had a day-long camp on the site of a former longer-term camp a couple weeks ago. There weren't any problems because the police didn't escalate.

And they work for us, after all, at least in theory (we all know they work to protect capital). They certainly shouldn't be literal culture warriors.

I didn't witness the throwing, so I couldn't react. 🤷♂️

@WilyRickWiles good! that means you guys were not part of the mob and you are a true liberal! But I could tell because we are having a good conversation. But if I could, I would stick a shiny gold star in the center of your forehead and anoint you as ambassador to the left for dialog with anyone who disagrees with left ideology.

@OnDaL00kOut Do I though? I guess that's a matter of perspective.

@WilyRickWiles I think there might actually be a market for that if you are interested lol.

@OnDaL00kOut The problem that makes everyone on the left seem radical is that it has been so difficult achieving even the most meager social change--yes, even within the Democratic Party. Blame the boomers.

@WilyRickWiles honestly I believe people hijacked liberal causes and movements and it makes alot of sense to call yourself antifa, because if I claim to not support that then I must be fascist, same with BLM...And the federal government has the right to defend federal property if people are trying to destroy it. I don't believe that the feds are going out on the streets of Portland and kid napping peaceful people because if that was ACTUALLY happening the democrats would have Christmas in july and get that impeachment they've been wanting so badly. Marxist/Anarchist Organizers are playing on the hearts of what liberal people care most about and the media makes it look real to everyone. I do empathize with people who feel like they are systematically oppressed by law enforcement (this is how I am able to see through the bullshit). I don't really want to dive into the whole story, but I have had MANY experiences where I felt like my rights were violated by authorities since I was in middle school and it has disrupted my life so bad that I am have certain disadvantages compared to other my age, and people never helped me, I always struggle because I've been profiled and labeled a fuck up, and I have worked my way out of poverty, and had the drive to survive and I didn't let the fact I was starving or facing homelessness drive me back in to the cycle victim hood, I didn't even get food stamps, I just would lay in this abandoned car hoping noone would walk by and think i was dead because that car was my shelter... I laid there and I thanked god for keeping me safe, and I saved my money and found a place to go, and it wasn't because I was white, it was because my friend already had another open room. I still can't get a landlord to rent from me, and I ALWAYS get turned down because I don't have credit. I can't sympathize for people who race bait and manipulate people to become these wild anarchists, they think I don't understand because I'm white, but people are racist to me ALL THE TIME... in recent times more than ever. You can't tell me that strangers spitting at me, or attacking me is not racist... it 100% is, but I don't let that stop me from judging one by their character opposed to their appearance. But i'd rather be beaten up and rejected by the mob than be an ally. I'm not allowed to relate, or understand because of this privilege that I am supposed to have. I couldn't identify with these groups if I wanted to because I refuse to pander to others so they aren't offended, or feel included, or equal. I've been shit on too long to voluntarily put energy into getting shit on and dismissed by so called "allies", and law enforcement.

I would honestly respect liberals more if they had boundaries for their political correctness, and called out the Marxists, especially the people in those cities that are being destroyed. After being through what I have in life I know that the biggest change comes from within. The radicals are a bigger threat to their community than anything. They can see what they are doing, and they believe their lies. they it see on the news regurgitated back to them, but people on the east side of america, and rural/suburbs have no idea if they do not try to find the truth. And it's not even lies, they show real footage from these protests, they leave and once the sun goes down, it gets violent. and that's when the action happens.

I can link you to videos of people going undercover as protesters if you want, so you can see what I mean when I say it is unacceptable and should not be allowed to happen. If local, or state government do not accept help, or do nothing to stop it the rest of their residents are the ones who suffer so whether or not one group agrees with it, clearing out these violent and disruptive protests, and preventing it from spreading to other cities is for the greater good.

@OnDaL00kOut I'm sorry that you experienced that, but is it possible what you viewed as racism toward yourself was actually classism or a class blindness by those people?

@OnDaL00kOut Regarding protests that escalate and damage property, I'm of the mind that there is sometimes a place for that kind of unrest. It's not something I would use as a tactic, but sometimes it is the only kind of pressure that our leaders understand, and that can move them to meet the needs of ordinary people. There's a long history of this sort of thing, and these protests are nothing compared to those in the past.

@WilyRickWiles I just don't think it should come at the expense of the rest of the people. Also I believe most "racism" we see today is classism and the real racists travel in packs now a days because the rest of society has been and still is evolving. The real racists only show their true colors if they feel safe because they are cowardly and they will flaunt their flags, and they might counter protest, but they are losers and they are the minority. They know this, they are ashamed of this and thats why you don't see any real hate crimes often because the rest of "their people" won't accept theme.
in my case I doubt it was classism, I didn't get robbed, and I also only experience this walking home from work, waiting at the bus stop after 11pm with the rest of the poor people. I unfortunately will run in to some trouble from people who decide they want to pick on me ... idk I fit the profile for someone to target, im a small female traveling by foot and is alone so i stand out to people who are dangerous. It's not just racism though, a lot of the time it's just some type of harassment. on the busline I usually take it stops by the worst part of town. Which is why I can't be too hostile towards people who are racist towards me, because i'm sure those people have experienced worse than what they dealt me so I just try to not draw attention to myself.

Haha... look at that your y axis. It does not go through 0!

The oldest propaganda trick in the book.
Replot your data with starting at 0 and then also plot the crime rates in other US cities and then against other cities in the world.

Crime incidents have been decreasing world wide over many decades. It is called progress... we all enjoyed it even though you deny it is happening.

Chicago is nothing special and is exactly as what you would expect.

Hanno Level 8 Aug 5, 2020

Doesn't the graph also end in 2019? I'm pretty sure things in Chicago may have spiked a bit since then...

You mean like this? [themarshallproject.org]

"Crime incidents have been decreasing world wide over many decades...Chicago is nothing special and is exactly as what you would expect." Agreed.

he's addressed it before..

I've never heard him say anything positive about crime rates. Always alarmism, especially about Chicago.

Well if it makes any difference, it's probably because when people from chicago travel to other cities they call it chiraq and make it sound like it's riddled with gang violence.

@WilyRickWiles I think Chicago was the place where shootings spike in june and a little boy was shot and killed. Was it not?

ok i checked myself, and the boy died in kansas city, so im mistaken, but people have been getting shot at and injured so if i was in your city I'd be a little concerned.

@OnDaL00kOut I just don't get alarmed at media sensationalism and fluctuations in crime that are concentrated within a few city blocks. Violent crime is still trending down and we're not going to meaningfully help the neighborhoods most effected without addressing the root causes.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 11,791 More

Posted by JohnHoukPolitical Tyranny – Part Two Videos Showing the Political Tyranny of Factionalism & Globalist Entanglements SUMMARY: IN Part 1 I used President Washington’s 1796 Farewell Address as a ...

Posted by JohnHoukPolitical Tyranny – Part One President Washington Warned of the Insidious Outcome of Political Factions & Foreign Entanglements SUMMARY: George Washington – RIGHTLY SO – is called the Father...

Posted by JohnHoukFuellmich Political Persecution Encapsulates Globalist Lawfare SUMMARY: A few thoughts on Deep State Political Persecution of Trump & Supports.

Posted by JohnHoukLooking at Birx Not Fauci Managed Medical Tyranny Includes Personal Observations on Legit President Trump SUMMARY: Looking at a VNN examination of the short Documentary: “It Wasn't Fauci: How ...

Posted by FocusOn1Uh oh, i hate to say this, but israel was formed in 1948, 100 years after karl marx wrote his book. Was it formed as a atheist communist country?

Posted by MosheBenIssacWith woke fat ass acceptance, only applies to women (fat bitches). What used to be funny is now illegal. The video won a Grammy Award for Best Concept Music Video in 1988 [youtu.be]

Posted by JohnHoukRemember WHY You Are Resisting the Coup Summary: Well… It’s series of videos time again.

Posted by JohnHoukA Call for Intercession Over WHO Power Grab Treaty SUMMARY: A call for prayer on America’s leaders related to the National Sovereignty terminating Pandemic (better known as Plandemic) Treaty.

Posted by MosheBenIssacDisney COLLAPSES Billions Lost In MINUTES After Shareholders Troll Company Sticking With WOKE! [youtu.be]

Posted by JohnHoukIntro to Maj.

Posted by FocusOn1Communists murdered people on the titanic

Posted by JohnHoukAnti-Medical Tyranny Read Over the Easter Weekend 2024 SUMMARY: Here are two posts focused on combatting Medical Tyranny… 1) Dr.

Posted by MosheBenIssacHigher Ed not working and not doing anything to adjust. This has been true for a while now probably will be for the foreseeable future. [youtu.be]

Posted by Weltansichtрад, что у меня есть СКС

Posted by JohnHoukVideo Collection of Tyranny Past, Present & Future SUMMARY: This is a collection of seven videos that are in a random date order showing my interest… Tyranny is the theme.

Posted by GeeMacMexico admits it is a hotbed of drug trafficking, but not of drug use, according to its top politician.

• Top tags#video #youtube #world #government #media #biden #democrats #USA #truth #children #Police #society #god #money #reason #Canada #rights #freedom #culture #China #hope #racist #death #vote #politics #communist #evil #socialist #Socialism #TheTruth #justice #kids #democrat #evidence #crime #conservative #hell #nation #laws #liberal #federal #community #racism #military #climate #violence #book #politicians #joebiden #fear ...

Members 9,402Top

Moderators