slug.com slug.com
12 11

There have been a lot of questions about race & oppression on here. I wanted to attempt to answer the questions for you.

Before reading this, please understand that this is a very LONG post. It is filled with a lot of data and statistical points. If you don’t want to read every statistic, please scroll to the bottom for my conclusion. Feel free to use my research as a reference.

There is a lot of emotion in America in regards to race, but I want to remove emotion from the equation for a brief moment. I want to provide statistical information of all different fronts. I am not trying to establish an agenda; I just want to provide sourced information. I tried my best to find updated statistical information and from sources that aren’t particularly biased and government sources.

To make sure I am not misrepresented, I want to establish some things about myself. I am politically Independent black male. I am not showing this information to excuse bad behavior of authority figures. I am not showing this information to point blame at any particular group or organization. I am not attempting to take sides. I am not attempting to sway anyone to any particular ideology. If there is mention of race or political party, it is for factual information, not condemnation. I am human and I have my biases but I am doing my best not to present it here. I will display information in the order of my thought process when I was asking myself questions. I am not here to argue. You make up your own conclusion but I would hope you would respect my work. I’ve spent hours looking up data points. I am not a college professor, I’m just an average person with a computer who has questions about things that are happening around me. This is not a copy and paste from anyone else, I compiled this information alone.

I want to look at data points for high profile cases of black men being killed by the police and where they are from. I want to know what is the economic situation in their neighborhoods because economics matter in a lot of respects for daily lives. Poverty rate varies depending on number of people in the household and income earned. You also have to take into account the number of people in poverty AND the number of people who are very close to poverty which still puts them in a class of poor.

Mike Brown - Ferguson, MO - 22.5% Poverty Rate / Median Income $41,369 - [datausa.io]
Freddie Grey - Baltimore, MD - Median income is $33,000 / 24% of Baltimore's population live below the poverty line (2015) - [money.cnn.com]
George Floyd - Minneapolis, MN - 43.2% of Blacks in Minneapolis live below the poverty line. [welfareinfo.org]
Eric Garner - Thompkinsville, Staten Island, NY - NeighborhoodScout's research shows that this neighborhood has an income lower than 70.1% of U.S. neighborhoods. With 21.5% of the children here below the federal poverty line, this neighborhood has a higher rate of childhood poverty than 64.2% of U.S. neighborhoods. [neighborhoodscout.com]
Tamir Rice - Cleveland, OH - 48.7% Percent of children under 18 live in Poverty (2017) [communitysolutions.com]
Walter Scott - North Charleston, South Carolina - Poverty rate is 22.85% with Median household income of $41,316 [datausa.io]

These incidents happened in areas that are among the poorest in the country. I want to look at how poor Black Americans are and compare it to another poor group in America, Native Americans:

Nationwide African American Poverty Rate between 20.8% and 27% depending on the source. Black youth poverty rate is around 48%. [talkpoverty.org] [stateofworkingamerica.org]
Native American Poverty Rate is about 25% according to US Census [en.wikipedia.org]
White Poverty Rate in America is around 9% [kff.org]

I want to quickly establish racial population in America for context:

Population Numbers - 2019 - [census.gov]
13.4% of Americans are Black or African American
76.5% of Americans are White
1.3% of Americans are American Indian / Native American

Government statistical points to show how by race Government Assistance is utilized due to poverty

Government Programs Statistics (2012) - [census.gov]
"In 2012, the average monthly participation rate for Blacks, 41.6 percent, was higher than that of Asians or Pacific Islanders at 17.8 percent and non-Hispanic Whites at 13.2 percent."

When it comes to crime statistics, we could focus on many data points but I wanted to focus on Murder since the concern around America is the death of Black People by violence. Let’s start with deaths in comparison by the hands of police:

Number of People Shot to Death by the Police in the United States by Race - [statista.com]

White ( 2019 ) – 370
White ( 2018 ) – 399
White ( 2017 ) – 457
Black ( 2019 ) – 235
Black ( 2018 ) – 209
Black ( 2017 ) – 223

Statistics show that more white people are shot and killed by the police by total numbers. I must note that these stats aren’t talking about justified or unjustified. Also, I recognize that Black people are a higher percentage compared to population versus white people but I wanted to point out the fact that the police shoot and kill both races. I will talk more about that in the conclusion.

Murder Statistics - 2016 - [ucr.fbi.gov]

Out of 2,870 Black or African Americans killed, 2,570 were killed by another Black or African American. This means 89.5% of a black person being murdered at the hands of another black person. To be fair, if you look at the statistics ratio is similar when it comes to white on white crime. The fact is that murders are typically personal and people murder who they know and their neighbors. The mentioning of black on black murder is only to point out who is killing black people. I encourage you to look at the FBI statistics.

Arrest statistics - 2017 - [ucr.fbi.gov]

27.2% Of Arrests by Black / African Americans
68.9% Of Arrests by White Americans
2.4% Of Arrests by Native Americans
53.1% Of Murder and manslaughter Arrests by Black / African Americans
44.2% Of Murder and manslaughter Arrests by White Americans
1.1% Of Murder and manslaughter Arrests by Native Americans

Inmate Race Statistics - 2020 - [bop.gov]

37.9% Of Inmates are Black Americans
58.2% Of Inmates are White Americans
2.3% Of Inmates are Native Americans

One thing that is known throughout the black community is the amount of homes with single parents and unmarried women giving birth. What are the societal impacts of single parent households? Higher risk of the following: Criminal Justice Involvement, Gang Involvement, Mental Health Issues, Poor School Performance, Substance Use, Poverty and Homelessness. [mnpsych.org]

Let’s look at the numbers by race:

Unmarried Mothers birthrate (2015) - [cis.org]
77% of Black Native-Born Americans to unmarried mothers.
30% of White Native-Born Americans to unmarried mothers.
68% of Indian/Alaskan Native to unmarried mothers.

Children in single-parent families by race (2018) - [datacenter.kidscount.org]
65% of Black or African Americans
24% of White Americans
53% of American Indian / Native Americans

There appears to be a link between single parent homes and poverty but let’s continue.

Let’s look at economics for majority black areas that are wealthy and high poverty. For the wealthy, we will use Olympia Fields, IL which is 75% African American and a median household income of about $97,000. In 2018, they had 7 Reported Violent Crimes in 2018, 0 Murders. To be fair, it is a smaller population of about 5,000 residents that are primarily homeowners. The focus isn’t necessarily on crime, but on family dynamics - [areavibes.com]

Olympia Fields, IL has 52% married couples, female lead households are 16% and male lead households are 15%. - [censusreporter.org]

To compare with high poverty cities:
Baltimore has about a 36% Marriage Rate, Female lead households are 30% and male lead households are 7% - [censusreporter.org]
Cleveland has about a 32% Marriage Rate, Female lead households are 32% and male lead households are 10% - [censusreporter.org]

Let’s compare with a white majority city:
Scottsdale, AZ has about 59% Married Couples, Female lead households are 8% and male lead households are 6% - [censusreporter.org]
Boise, ID has about 56% Married Couples, Female lead households are 13% and male lead households are 4% - [censusreporter.org]

To be fair, let’s compare with a majority black city with high poverty and a higher populated white city with high poverty. We will use Phoenix, Arizona as this example for higher white population vs black:
Phoenix, AZ has about equal white to hispanic residents around 40% with black residents being 6%
Poverty Rate is 20.9%
52% Married Couples, 21% Female lead households and 10% Male lead households
[censusreporter.org]

Now that we have these cities as examples, let’s compare them when it comes to murders (2018):
Scottsdale, AZ - 7 Murders / 234,495 Population - [areavibes.com]
Boise, ID - 1 Murder / 218,677 Population - [areavibes.com]
Baltimore - 309 Murders / 621,000 Population - [areavibes.com]
Cleveland - 86 Murders / 389,165 Population - [areavibes.com]
Phoenix, AZ - 132 Murders / 1,555,324 Population - [areavibes.com]
Baltimore has a ratio of about 1 Murder per 2,000th person
Phoenix, AZ has a ratio of about 1 Murder per 11,700th person

*Economic Racial Oppression😘
Part of the conversation is about racial oppression. Racial oppression is stated as one of the reason black people are in poverty because of white oppression. The areas of power tend to be in government and policies placed by local governments are the most direct and impactful. We will look at Baltimore as an example. The mentioning of political parties is meant for factual basis only, not criticism.
Mayor - Bernard Young (Black) - Democrat
State Attorney for Baltimore City - Marilyn Mosby (Black) - Democrat
Police Chief - Michael Harrison (Black)
City Council President - Brandon Scott (Black) - Democrat
Labor Commissioner - Deborah Moore-Carter (Black) - Democrat
Out of the 14 City Council Districts Plus the President of the City Council, there are 9 Black City Council Members for the city of Baltimore, meaning, blacks hold the majority of influence on City Council decisions. Every single one of the Members on City Council are Democrats. -[baltimorecitycouncil.com]
40.3% of the police officers in Baltimore are Black - [governing.com]

*Riot Aftermath😘
While the reasoning for rioting is debatable, the truth is that there is always an aftermath of destruction. This destruction impacts these already impoverished neighborhoods and find even more difficult to recover. This directly affects black people in a negative way. Let’s use Ferguson, MO as an example:
“Several businesses that were looted or vandalized during riots in Ferguson are gone and its budget deficit has grown as costs, including overtime pay for the police force, have increased. Revenue from sources such as traffic fines, long used to pad municipal finances, has dropped and job cuts for city employees could follow.”
“For the 21,000 residents of the mostly black community of Ferguson, the year since the Aug. 9 killing of 18-year-old Brown, which sparked months of unrest and racial tensions, has been one of slow recovery.
"Economic strains are showing in a town that, even before the protests, never fully recovered from the 2008 financial crisis.”
- [reuters.com]

“The massive police response in Ferguson, Missouri, following the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown so far has cost taxpayers $5.7 million”
[washingtontimes.com]

*Conclusion😘
Before I get into the conclusion, I don’t claim to have the solutions to the plight of Black Americans. The point of me showing these statistics is to examine the data and see things for what they are without bias. I tried my best to compare apples to apples, but I at least want to give good datapoints. Please, I encourage you to make up your own mind.

Now for my opinion based off the days of putting this together: Any issue that affects millions of people, it is always going to be complex. There will never be just one solution to the problem but you have to start somewhere. It is logical to see the amount of poverty that black Americans live in percentage wise and understand that it is logical to see that there is more overall crime, especially violent crime. I would take the next leap to say that if there is more crime in an area, the people that live there are going to have law enforcement more involved in their lives. Police officers are dealing with more presentable danger than someone from a low poverty area on a more consistent basis. Once again, this is not excusing bad behavior by police officers but the reality is that they are in a more dangerous role that they signed up for. This could easily counter for the disparity in percentage as to why police officers may even be in a position to shoot another black person vs white.

I would say that one of the biggest data-points are the single-family households’ statistics and the psychological analysis of children that grow up in these environments being a higher risk for multiple negative situations in their lives. The cities that account for near equal poverty level but higher marriage rates show to have less violent crimes and murders. Poverty is easily a factor that is important but not the only factor. It is also to easily state that black people are not inherently violent as there are a number of black majority neighborhoods in America of wealth and very low crime rates.

It appears to be a cycle. Children born into single parent household have a higher chance of living in poverty. Child in poverty is at a high risk of having law enforcement, being involved in crimes or being a victim of crime. Child grows up, and if they have children out of wedlock, and not in a relationship with the mother, continues the cycle of poverty. The importance of role of the father is extremely important. Dr Warren Farrell, the author of “The Boy Crisis”, stated in an interview about gun violence from young men: “They’re almost completely fatherless. Pretty much every lone school shooter after Columbine has been a fatherless boy. We saw this with Nikolas Cruz, we saw it with Dylann Roof, we saw it with Elliot Rodger, we saw it with Dylan Klebold and Evan Ramsey. These are all boys who had minimal or no father involvement. And it’s not just about school shooters. Three female sociologists studied ISIS recruits who were in prison, and without even asking about fatherlessness, it came up again and again. This is true of Nazi recruits too, and gang recruits. When you think of gangs, many of our inner-city boys come from mother-only families, and by the time they reach 10 or 12, they haven’t had a single constructive male role model.”

All stats show that the biggest danger a black person has is from someone that looks like them. This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t care when someone commits a hate crime or when there is injustice, but outrage should be proportionate. If we want less police involvement in black lives, we have to lower black crime. If we want to lower black crime, we have to increase stable homes with father involvement.

BlackoutNJ 7 May 31
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very true. Not let’s unpack my role. I cannot talk about their body. I have been chained and muzzled to speak to students about their body and their choice. If it isn’t about supporting abortion or transgenderism, my hands are tied. I can’t have these discussion with parents. I wish their were male centered organizations. I don’t think I’ve seen a big brothers big sisters here, ever. We do have a mentor program but it is affiliated with a church and as you know, once you put God in the equation, many parents and students will turn away. I absolutely agree with the welfare system mentality. I see it first hand. Unfortunately I also see it with foster children more foster children more money. Negligence is real in the system.

I , first, would like to thank you for such a long post. You wanted to get everything out and you did. Secondly, I thank you for not being a professor. Being educated in an academic setting has nothing to do with intelligence or common sense. I should know , I sit and work in an academic instead. It’s all crazy propaganda, very little true learning unless you have a professor strictly sticks to their lane. Ok, now for a response. I see the disparity in fatherless families. I believe it’s one of the biggest indicators. I work with at-risk students. If anything, those without a parent, mostly their father, usually end up having more issues. So, now the question is to take your information and do what about it? It is not something that can be answered but maybe things to ponder. How do we get fathers back in the home and being good influencers? I came from poverty and we are minorities yet I have a profession, my father was strict and made sure we had our education even though he rightly told us he could it pay for it but we still had to get a college degree. We had to figure the money ourselves. We all did fine in my family. So, what do we do? How do we start moving towards fathered homes? How do we engage in helping some of these impoverished neighborhoods to educate their children. Look, I’m all for school choice if the schools that are in those neighborhoods aren’t cranking out educated citizens. I have always wanted to have charter and homeschooling programs in those areas but only if we could have parents take accountability for their children. How do we build up a community? How do we change the status quo on those poorest cities? We need to change the ideals these mayors and governors have about what they are faced with. It’s almost like they have given up on telling people “let’s pull up our bootstraps and get to work on pulling ourselves up? Where do we start?

Thank you for reading my post. A lot to unpack here so I'll do my best.

You're right about not being a professor. I think it's a small advantage to show that if an ordinary person can find information and highly, statistically, that there is a problem or multiple problems, anyone can.

You working with at-risk students, you've seen issues with direction in life, self-esteem, depression and the list goes on. I think one of the first ways to address it is personal responsibility over the body. The term "My body, my choice" goes around but we should talk about "Your partner, your choice". Racism doesn't make you screw a guy who can't offer you anything and racism didn't make a man have sex with every woman that comes by. These are choices being made. I see it like cigarettes, there was a campaign that said "If you smoke, you are a high risk for cancer etc.". There are anti-cigarette campaigns on radio and TV. We need to present a message of "Do you want your child to suffer? Stay together." It would be a campaign to date responsibly. "Respect yourself" could be a theme. Women, respect your body and respect who you let inside it. Stop celebrating bad behavior.

That is a long term strategy but in the short term we can have male outreach programs. Overwhelmingly, these children are going up in female run households and no positive male role model. When I was a kid we had "Big Brothers, Big Sisters" but I don't even know how involved they are anymore.

No matter what race, if someone lacks structure and purpose, they will parish. We need to give structure and purpose to the black youth. This will give hope, this will lead to changing things in those communities.

We also need a more responsible welfare system. Stop encouraging the "more kids, more money" concept. That's bringing more unwanted children into the world. It's encouraging bad behavior.

Good job! Finally, some civilized discussion! Appreciate your efforts to understand. I once wrote an editorial to the local paper and they entitled it "Democrats are ruining the Country"....which was only a small part of my composition. When you look to "economics" and "poverty rates", of course, you're on to something. Economics is the study of the production, distribution and consumption of wealth. The "Welfare State" has been shown to be miserable failure. Miserable. And, who are the most miserable? Who is complaining about the state they're in the most? Both the ones being sucked into it and the ones having to pay for it. There is a LOT of discontent these days isn't there?

So, to the Economic issue: What is a just way to distribute wealth? First, I will say that most economies are based on injustice, therefore it is hard to distribute wealth justly. Why do I say that? It has to do with the fraudulent money system, but that is a whole 'other' discussion. It is fairly common knowledge that an economic system employing capitalism as its method, whereby private property is 'allowed', in that the owner of the property has the say in how that property is used, produces far more wealth than socialism and communism.

In my opinion, there is no limit to the amount of wealth that can be produced in an economy...so we're not talking about a zero sum game, here, whatever that is, where there is only one size of pie and everyone gets a little piece and the more that are trying to get a share of that pie the smaller the pieces become! In other words, there is a Commandment that is encouraged to be broken by the Welfare State, which is Do not Covet! I can be happy for rich people if that is what they are pursuing in life. But, we will always have the poor among us, correct? And, sometimes, that is an even more fulfilling life than the life the rich pursue! So, we're talking about contentment....but, how can one be content if the system is rigged or unjust? More later, if anyone wants to read on....Thanks, BlackouNJ for the inspiration!

dmatic Level 8 June 1, 2020

Thank you for reading it. What you said is interesting. Do you have a link or a copy of your article? I'm interested in reading it. You can message me privately if need be.

@BlackoutNJ No. Sorry. I just make this stuff up as I go along....trying to work for justice and liberty for all....like I see you doing! I, of course, also liked what you wrote about fathers. Our culture, in my opinion, is part of the problem, as it seems to disintegrate further and further away from God's instructions on how to live peaceably and justly. Apparently, many don't agree with Him and think they can do a better job of organizing a righteous society than He?

There is a lot 'wrong' with our world, isn't there? Injustice and oppression being obvious, but it seems that many don't even know what justice for everyone that harms no one even looks like!

So, basically, my opinion is that until we come into agreement with God's definitions of what is just and what is not, we will be floundering in a world of chaos. Until we establish an economy based on just rules and impartiality we will experience resentments and discontent, which breeds anger, and most of us know that anger is often a very destructive force!

@dmatic I'm not particularly religious but I do believe that there could be lessons learned from religion. There was a societal agreement to have a family and keep it strong. In our quest in america for freedom, we have come to that point of ultimate freedom and question the appearance of rigidness with certain religious methods. There are more athiests today than ever before but they are replacing one dogma for another, whether it be Intersectionality, Feminism, Anti-Racism, Anti-Facism or Communism. All of these dogmas have something in common, they all say that your current system is the problem. Not only is it the problem in general but it is the reason for your struggles. If you're a woman who isn't advancing in life, it's due to sexism, so follow our feminism dogma and we will fight for your rights. In this example, everything structural becomes sexist. Capitalism is sexist. The nuclear family is sexist. What is the ultimate fairness in their dogma...communism. In their dogma communism is the utopia. Everything has equal distribution and we all live happily ever after with rainbows and unicorns.

I remember in the movie The Matrix when they were talking to the architect and he said how the first matrix was utopia and the humans rejected it. It made them crazy. I believe that to be true. The attempts to have communism made people poor, unhappy and deprived. You can legislate feelings towards others. The realism is that you can never have 100% fairness or 0 oppression in any culture or society. Humans mentally and mechanically flawed but flaws show our individualism which I'll take any day of the week.

@BlackoutNJ I think we all struggle. Or should. Yes, we are all flawed in various ways, so we struggle to overcome, to become better. You say: "you can legislate feelings towards others"? Interesting. Maybe you meant to say: "cannot"? God has "legislated" that we love one another, even our enemies...a challenge, to be sure! So, how do we DO that? Is love a feeling? Or, is it a verb?

I am discovering that I CAN love a flawed, "enemy", because I know that someday he/she will be my friend. Even if that enemy doesn't seem to have my best interest in mind and, in fact, wishes ill upon me, it is a wonderful challenge to learn how to love him anyway! Then, maybe, just maybe, I can become a better person!

@dmatic That was definitely a typo. I meant CAN NOT legislate feelings.

I think what can help is when we remove our initial feelings about a potential person, like starting from zero and make a judgement afterwards. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they show me otherwise. When you see someone as an enemy initially, it's tough to walk that back.

@BlackoutNJ Agreed!

Outstanding work, and I appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

Your last statement is so important. I hope readers take note.

Thank you. I hope they do as well. I appreciate the support on Slug so far. I think everyone understands my intentions.

Wow, you seriously need to post this everywhere please. A cogent viewpoint, covering everything involved, like this, needs to be as available to anyone and everyone willing to read it. Even if it only diminishes the atavistic tribalism and violence by a fraction, it’s still worth promulgating this as much as possible!

Please feel free to share the link on other platforms. I'm currently batting .000% with black women on my facebook page lol

Thank you again for the compliments.

@BlackoutNJ hey at least you can try. I work at a liberal arts college, thats saturated with leftists all currently posting nonsensical justifications for the riots. It would be career suicide for me to share this as my own, regardless of how true and well explained you made it. I guess I’m a coward in that respect, but I agree more with Shapiro than Peterson on the risk/reward analysis of following one’s social responsibilities. This is why I was pushing you to share it with all you can. You’d expect that these “smart elite”, who usually push stats and numbers to back a claim, would look into what you’ve cited here. Yet, even if shared with them, their entrenched ideology would blind them to the data’s obvious meaning.

@Dr-Striper There is definitely risk to everything, especially today. Lines are being drawn. I am getting some positive response on facebook but the comments back are "You're not showing the whole picture" or "You're not talking about systematic oppression" and my response is that I never claimed to show the whole picture. Also you can't measure systematic oppression as a data point.

Years ago I remember watching a video of Louis Farrakhan on Phil Donahue. I know he's very controversial but he said something that could be used for anyone but he was directing it at black people. Essentially he said stop looking at others to save you or the government for handouts. You can save yourself.

We now have a population of people who just give up and have no hope.

A boy raised without a father is like an arrow with no feathers. I agree with you. I grew up without a father at home and I had no interest in school. My God was money and I had no education nor ambition to work. Thank god the military took me and raised me. I became an alcoholic and got into drugs. Somehow I prevailed and did a lot in life. But I always wondered how things might have turned out if I had had a father to guide me and instill values and discipline.
Coming from a black man this message you gave means so much more.

I hear you man. I've thought plenty of times about what would have happened if I had a good father in my life. I remember playing baseball with mostly white kids and seeing both their parents there, meanwhile my father is no where in sight and doesn't care and sometimes my mother couldn't be there because she was working. It's a lonely feeling. It took me years to feel comfortable in my own skin. I had depression, anxiety and low self esteem for majority of my life. What I give my son today is a million times more than my father ever gave me. People confuse visitation with being a father. Even if I don't see my son, he knows I love him and care. He knows if he needs something, I get it for him. He knows he can talk to me about anything. Visitation for a few hours and child support payments can't replace that.

And your final paragraph is not the most important one.
It is the second and third last paragraphs that are the ones to read and understand.

Men ARE at fault... by being poor and absent fathers.
Government ARE at fault by giving children by default to mothers and then supporting that through financial incentives.

In my town... this has gone full circle twice now. Three generations and it is getting worse each round.
All the problem youths have one thing in common. They are all raised by their mothers or grandmothers.
POS fathers nowhere to be seen.

Hanno Level 8 May 31, 2020

I learned more about this as I got older. I'm a product of it. I would see my father once or twice a year and about the same in phone calls. When I graduated from high school I talked to him once on the phone and he died a couple years ago. I know the pain of not having my father around and I feel like the black community pretends like that doesn't matter or it's an assault on black women.

I didn't want to point fault even if there is fault. It's complex. I just wanted to make the point that having your father in your life is important and I respect men like Dr Warren Farrell for trying to sound the alarm.

Thank you.
There is more and more black men standing up and saying what Jordan Peterson and Denzel Washington has been saying for years.
Shame on the white men who support the opposite message that blacks are only victims and powerless to save themselves. (FU Biden).
It is the worst racism to suggest that ‘whites’ are the ‘blacks’ salvation.
We have the same here in N.Z.
Maori, just like blacks in the US or everywhere else, are fully capable of getting themselves educated and successful.
You don’t need no whiteman to be successful.

Hanno Level 8 May 31, 2020

I concur.... Fuck you Biden.

Thank you again for reading my post. I think the savior complex and guilt of past peoples wrongdoings solves nothing. With these riots, the guilt is giving a pass for bad behavior and their low expectations of blacks is that they always riot.

I think you are missing some important points. But I don't know how to answer them. In no particular order:

• how much influence has the media had in shaping opinions and even hatreds (we rarely, if ever, see anything more than a 15-30 second blurb on a white person being killed by a cop)?
  • how many crimes where one person is a different race than the other have nothing to do with race? This is impossible to determine because all crimes where a white person is the offender and the victim is a black person is reported as racially motivated
  1. This is something that I would consider subjective. How do you measure media influence? It would be more polling and polling depends on the population you're polling and their feeling of influence. I wanted to stick to more concrete statistics.

2. Well the FBI stats show blacks kill more whites than white killing blacks but to record measurement of it being race motivated is difficult. Even if I was to find hate crime statistics, I personally think they are slightly subjective. I mean, isn't every violent crime against someone a hate crime? That's just me though.

I do appreciate your critique.

It wasn't so much a critique, since I didn't really comment on any of your points, but I'll take it. 🙂

You are correct, though, in your assessment that 'influence' is subjective. I chose ... poorly. Hopefully, I won't horrifically degrade to ash and blow away in a mysterious wind.

But, perhaps a comparison between the number of crimes committed by race versus the number and length of coverage by the media.

Though my initial thought is to agree with your posit of 'violent crime == hate crime', upon further thought I have disagree. If I'm willing to commit bodily and/or property damage in robbing a bank, I'm not necessarily doing it out of hate.

Interesting read, You did a lot of research.
SJW will just point to poverty and prejudice. These two factors will be articulated into everything you said.
No amount of stats will overcome the political agendas, and “taking responsibility” is a hard lesson. When socialist policies take over, entitlement and history repeats.
The answer is blowing in the wind.

Rick-A Level 8 May 31, 2020

Thank you for reading it.

I want to say that people of a strong ideology, no matter what you say to them, won't change them. This research isn't necessarily for them but I would hope they gained something from it if they were to read it. This is more for people who are willing to be reasonable for a second and just look at numbers.

I want you to understand my reasoning for a second. It is hard to argue numbers. Yeah, I could find subjective stats but you can't argue poverty rates besides them being slightly outdated. I went for stats that were very concrete.

At one point I considered looking at links between gun laws and violent cities but there was nothing there that was concrete and it varied too much. I just thought it was interesting that some of the cities with the most gun murders have the strictest gun laws but then the argument would be that they are getting the guns legally from neighboring states. Example: Guns from Camden are purchased in Philadelphia.

Thanks. That was a lot of data and well related. For me it leads to the question: Who -or what- destroyed the fabric of the nuclear family in America?

So I avoided talking in past tense purposely. I wanted to focus on the present as much as possible. Looking for old stats is tricky especially when you're talking about pre-internet stats.

I would venture to say that there is an overlap with the women's movement in the 60s, civil rights / desegregation and the welfare state. The women's movement lead to independence of men and the devaluing of them, the welfare state incentivised them for lacking a 2nd parent.

@BlackoutNJ I would venture to say you're 100% correct.

It is not a US problem.... it is everywhere.
A culture of no personal responsibility has been developing world wide since the 1950’s.
Then governments wanted to do good, but that is hard.
So they took short cuts and the easy way out by “helping” single mothers... which I am all for. However they did it by removing responsibility from fathers and placing it on the state aka tax payer. Then they paid these moms per kid they had... so in the 80’s and 90’s having kids was a career option for young woman (in NZ anyway). Now we have those children becoming moms and the cycle is a disaster:

@BlackoutNJ This also started with Johnsons "Great Society." They made a rule that mom wouldn't get paid if there was a man around. Then, with the women's movement, the left just went nuts. Today, stright white males are the dung of the world. The only salvation for the white male is to be hard core left and embrace transgenderism, women of color, homosexuals, men of color, ect. ect. With the help of Obama we've split into two nations. BlackoutNJ you write like a pro. I want to hear much more from you. Thanks

@daroldbanniste I have more ideas that will come to mind. This race situation isn't going anywhere. Thank you for the compliments.

Great post. The final paragraph says it all.

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to read it.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 34

Photos 11,795 More

Posted by JohnHoukWATCH OUT FOR AN AI TYRANNY & NSA Spying SUMMARY: I’ve witnessed too many dark-side leaps and bounds to give credence to AI-Tyranny naysayers.

Posted by Sensrhim4hizvewzCohencidence or PLANNED???

Posted by Sensrhim4hizvewz Hopefully, everyone catches it and everyone gets better

Posted by JohnHoukFBI Investigates Baltimore Bridge Collapse! Suggests NOT an Accident! SUMMARY: On 3/27/24 I shared a Lara Logan Tweet on her opinion of what caused the Francis Scott Key Bridge near Baltimore ship ...

Posted by JohnHoukPolitical Tyranny – Part Two Videos Showing the Political Tyranny of Factionalism & Globalist Entanglements SUMMARY: IN Part 1 I used President Washington’s 1796 Farewell Address as a ...

Posted by JohnHoukPolitical Tyranny – Part One President Washington Warned of the Insidious Outcome of Political Factions & Foreign Entanglements SUMMARY: George Washington – RIGHTLY SO – is called the Father...

Posted by JohnHoukFuellmich Political Persecution Encapsulates Globalist Lawfare SUMMARY: A few thoughts on Deep State Political Persecution of Trump & Supports.

Posted by JohnHoukLooking at Birx Not Fauci Managed Medical Tyranny Includes Personal Observations on Legit President Trump SUMMARY: Looking at a VNN examination of the short Documentary: “It Wasn't Fauci: How ...

Posted by FocusOn1Uh oh, i hate to say this, but israel was formed in 1948, 100 years after karl marx wrote his book. Was it formed as a atheist communist country?

Posted by MosheBenIssacWith woke fat ass acceptance, only applies to women (fat bitches). What used to be funny is now illegal. The video won a Grammy Award for Best Concept Music Video in 1988 [youtu.be]

Posted by JohnHoukRemember WHY You Are Resisting the Coup Summary: Well… It’s series of videos time again.

Posted by JohnHoukA Call for Intercession Over WHO Power Grab Treaty SUMMARY: A call for prayer on America’s leaders related to the National Sovereignty terminating Pandemic (better known as Plandemic) Treaty.

Posted by MosheBenIssacDisney COLLAPSES Billions Lost In MINUTES After Shareholders Troll Company Sticking With WOKE! [youtu.be]

Posted by JohnHoukIntro to Maj.

Posted by FocusOn1Communists murdered people on the titanic

Posted by JohnHoukAnti-Medical Tyranny Read Over the Easter Weekend 2024 SUMMARY: Here are two posts focused on combatting Medical Tyranny… 1) Dr.

• Top tags#video #youtube #world #government #media #biden #democrats #USA #truth #children #Police #society #god #money #reason #Canada #rights #freedom #culture #China #hope #racist #death #vote #politics #communist #evil #socialist #Socialism #TheTruth #justice #kids #democrat #crime #evidence #conservative #hell #nation #laws #liberal #federal #community #military #racism #climate #violence #book #politicians #joebiden #fear ...

Members 9,402Top

Moderators