slug.com slug.com
13 7

Northern states tend to have more "social capital". How's yours?

"Social Capital" is basically the power of friends and family - people one can rely on in times of trouble. While this chart is from 2000, it does show that it is not the same everywhere.

Source: [en.citizendium.org]
Estimated state by state distribution of U.S. social capital, Robert Putnam, Bowling Alone, (2000), p. 293

Compared to 10 years ago, do you have more or less "social capital"?

• 18 votes
  • 40 votes
  • 3 votes
Charter 6 Jan 17
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Way less "Social Capital" today than I did growing up or during early adulthood. I have about 3 people who "have my back" and that about it. I really don't trust many folks these days. Especially the ones who voted for Biden or any other Marxist.

Data no doubt as fake as the misuse and of the word social

Jasper Level 5 Mar 31, 2021

I have about the same. Which is to say, one person, really. Me. 😛

This plays into the Social, Government, Economic ratings that are now growing in popularity as a socially coercive force to "re-educate" conservatives by isolating them and destroying their financial strength.

No reasonable chart can show actual personal support networking. This chart shows government support. I think this post is intended to mislead the reader about that.

After the past 13 years, I'd like to see an updated map instead of one from 21 years ago... just 'cause...

ktpinto Level 7 Feb 28, 2021

Pennsylvania has an abundance of Quaker oats, and that's a fact.

sqeptiq Level 10 Feb 24, 2021

Quaker Oats is just a social construct. The Amish should come up with its own brand.

Hello. How about the standard of living? Is it slightly lower in the north? I read somewhere that they have a stronger community spirit in deprived neighbourhoods.

Naomi Level 8 Feb 23, 2021

I would say it's not. There is poverty in Mississippi, for example, but there is also poverty in South Dakota. I think the winter there is very long and the communities are more isolated. So people have to rely on each other more...

I do really love Iowa nice, Minnesota nice. That being said, I think it feels all the worse when you interact with someone who is not on board.

How many non-Failipino ethnicities/diasporas [whose ancestors are indigenous/originated from whatever non-Failippines countries] used the Failippines as a stepping stone country or transit point to legally or illegally immigrate to better countries?! Thanks a lot, porous borders/airports worldwide for spreading another pathogen outbreak/epidemic/pandemic worldwide, & sending another Plandemic Scamdemic worldwide!

Interesting stuff

wolfhnd Level 8 Feb 10, 2021

My social capital has increased considerable since starting a cult in my basement. I can rely on my followers to do anything their noble prophet Karl commands.

Northern states are colder more time together indoors

I'd guesstimate about the same.

Are there charts about guesstimations? 😁

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 95

Photos 19 More

Posted by Charter Does a country's wealth come from its energy use?

Posted by Charter Why does the worldwide IQ distribution appear to match racial IQ differences seen in multi-racial countries?

Posted by Charter Why do children raised in same-sex households appear to have worse life outcomes?

Posted by Charter Is it fair that actresses are younger and have shorter careers than actors?

Posted by Charter Why are asylum seekers in EU overwhelmingly (military-aged) men? If asylum seekers were fleeing for persecution reasons, does it make sense that most are young men? Source: [ec.europa.eu]

Posted by Charter Why do young women consider unwanted comments about their appearance as sexual harassment compared to older women?

Posted by Charter Are women aware of the risks of postponing having children?

Posted by Charter Is this proof that income inequality doesn't appear to be cause of white-black SAT/IQ gap?

Posted by Charter Is a multi-cultural society a good thing?

Posted by Charter Why hasn't anti-Muslim sentiment gone down after the spike due to 9/11? Source: FBI Crime Statistics [fbi.gov]

Posted by Charter Why does the average IQ of a country appears to decrease as religiosity increases?

Posted by Charter Northern states tend to have more "social capital". How's yours?

Posted by Charter Most federal revenue comes from income and payroll tax. Is that optimal? Soure: [pgpf.org]

Posted by Charter On a percentage basis, it is much more likely to be killed by a Muslim "terrorist" in the US than a Right-Wing "extremist". Does it feel that way?

Posted by Charter Why do Blacks have a much higher risk of being murdered by other Blacks than they do from Whites? Post suggested by @AdrianRainbow

Posted by Charter What can be implied from the fact that African-American homicide rate mirrors African nations while European-American homicide rate is comparable to European nations? Post suggested by @ZuzecaSape

• Top tags#video #children #USA #population #world #vote #desperate #culture #immigrants #muslims #god #ElonMusk #youtube #death #wealth #racism #Canada #gender #truth #Harassment #TheTruth #college #marriage #IncomeInequality #inequality #Asian #policy #immigration #crimes #crime #philosophy #religiosity #intelligence #bowling #Mexico #Socialcapital #government #taxes #terrorists #RightWing #friends #mother #wife #justice #Christian #faith #kids #fear #whites #JordanPeterson ...

Members 48,193Top