slug.com slug.com
2 1

Hey Arielle 🙂 I really have been loving a lot of the stuff you've been doing recently by really examining gender politics. I can't say I agree with everything you're getting at all the time, but I really appreciate your insights. And it makes me feel like I'm not insane for being a gay man who is largely skeptical of the direction the LGBT community is heading in/has been heading in.

I wanted to ask two completely unrelated questions, both of which are really important to me and which I have been thinking about. So the first has to do with the fact that your YouTube channel started out as and still is a sex-positive platform. You have talked about and do talk a lot about sexual health, intimacy, and anything related to these topics, particularly with the LGBT community in mind. Have you gotten a sense at all that your commitment to sex positivity in some ways rubs up against the beliefs you have which underpin your criticisms of modern transgender activists? To me, I see transgender activism as taking delicate topics pertaining to gender expression and sex, and tearing down walls that were put up around these topics. Then once the walls are torn down, they can heavily politicize gender and sex, and start weaponizing something that was much more private and modest. Does the general attitude sex positive individuals hold about sex not have the potential to contribute to this very end?

My second question has to do with the place of animals in politics. I have seen that you've stepped out of your comfort zone and have been talking to more conservative content creators (which I think is wonderful! I'm a libertarian myself!), but I would love to see you venture out into other topics that you don't have much exposure to as well. You've spoken with gun advocates already (I loved that video), but I would love to see you speak with animal rights activists, environmentalists, and other groups too! I'd love to see the conversations that you'd be able to generate with these people. I'm a gay, libertarian, Middle Eastern, agnostic, animal rights proponent, and I feel like exploring all of these facets of my identity really helped shape each of them in strange ways. I'd love to see how your views about culture might change when confronted with insights by people who dedicate a lot of their time to the political cause of protecting animals.

All my best,

Connor 🙂

nozick_fanatic 1 May 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Although directed at Arielle, I'll jump in too.

I think sex+ is a good thing. There is too much neo-Victorian craziness going on.

I think that animals have to be treated 'humanly' but they have no rights. This falls under the heading of 'responsibility'. Adults understand responsibilities and the obligations associated with them - if you have an animal, you have responsibilities and obligations, but they have no rights.

@TaniaVT Let me use an example: a CAR has no rights, but you need to treat them in particular ways if you want them to continue to work. Animals, if you want them to survive and relate to you positively, have to be treated in particular ways. All rights bear responsibilities - and you can only impose, either directly or indirectly, "responsibilities" upon an animal. You can treat it in such a way as to modify it's behavior, if you want to think of that as 'imposing'. But an animal will not recognize a responsibility by itself.

yes! sex pos+ is mainly amongst progressives and since im straying a bit from that mindset in SOME ways, not all obviously, it's a bit strange to see the differences. im. not sure what type of content i could do around animals hmmm

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,803Top