slug.com slug.com
6 3

I am dumbfounded by the unquestioning rush to support trans integration of girls and women's sports. (By trans in this context, I mean anyone who can't meet the old Olympic standards of two years after genital surgery, and specifically female-identifying athletes with male primary sexual characteristics.) The ACLU is suing the State of Idaho over its new law defining brackets by biological sex. The ACLU! Wait ... I thought ... I thought they were the good guys! As with the (cough, cough) Equality Act, it seems nobody's listening to women anymore, or weighing our needs and concerns when these controversies arise. I am strong and resilient, and yet I have a strong case of WTFitis.

Beth_in_Oaktown 3 Apr 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I see a biological women, especially in aggressive sports, get beaten by biological man, it breaks my heart. The very reason we have the separation in sports is so women can compete against their equals. Trans people throw this whole thing off.

NateJ Level 4 Apr 23, 2020

When I was a kid the heady adults would say "you can be anything you want when you grow up except you can't be a woman". Boy howdy times have sure changed.

All athletics should have one rule regarding Trans athletes, it should be: what genital were you born with.
There should be no argument about this, look at men's records for track and field, compared to the woman's records Men average 10% better than the lady's.
So how could it be fair to allow someone who has a biological and genetic advantage at birth over all the female athletes be allowed to participate?
It gets even shadier when considering how much money athletes make for being successful. People will do anything to win and make money.

This monstrosity is not a woman

Lt-JW Level 8 Apr 22, 2020

No surgery would ever make a man into a woman. A castrated man is still a man albeit bodily mutilated.

Bone density, muscle mass, skeletal structure, lung capacity, .... they all remain as they were.

Lt-JW Level 8 Apr 22, 2020

alexlgarzon, in a comment after yours, makes the essential points about performance in more detail without the "castrated man" rhetoric, which I find unnecessarily cruel. I have no problem with people who have genital reconstruction surgery, provided that the actually have it (unlike most of the transgender community) and get themselves resocialized (also unlike most of the transgender community). I have worked alongside transsexual women who haven't seemed to me like any kind of man, castrated or otherwise.

I support the trans community and I believe that trans people should be acknowledged and treated like anybody else, but the inclusion of trans women in competitive female sports is interesting, because there are differences in natural biology that can't be denied or ignored in that environment. Males, more often than not, have a natural physical advantage over females (upper and lower body strength, speed, physical endurance etc), which is why male and female sports are typically segregated. A trans female athlete, regardless of her level of transition, is going to maintain much of the strength and physical endurance of a biological male. In competitive sports, that's problematic because it almost completely negates an even playing field among competitors - a cisgender woman, more often than not, isn't going to be able to fairly compete against a transgender woman who naturally has almost twice the strength and endurance. I watched an interview of a trans female athlete, a Canadian cyclist, who recieved a lot of attention for winning in a major competition in her sport, and she basically thumbed her nose at her competitors, saying that if they had a problem with her competing, they were "sore losers who needed to try harder". Not that simple. When a woman's natural biology works against her in her own sport, it's not that simple.

While I personally am not really for trans women competing in female competitions. I do want to point out that the reason McKinnon was upset, was because according to her, 11/13 competitions between herself and the other female competitor, Wagner, were won by Wagner. So when she got in a win, and was told she won due to an unfair advantage, she was upset by what she felt was a double standard.

Is it fair that McKinnon is allowed to race despite her different physiology? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't know enough about cycling to really understand how significant of an advantage she has.

In my opinion, if someone in a competition is doping (and yes I plan to compare it to just that), and still isn't getting first place, they are still using unfair tactics.

***"McKinnon responded to point out that she and Wagner have raced 13 times in the past and Wagner beat her 11 times.

She said: 'At Masters Worlds, she beat me in the 500m TT. She beat me in six of seven races at the 2017 Intelligentsia Cup. In 2016 she beat me in all three Speed Week crits. She's won 11 of our 13 races.

'And it's unfair? Excuse me?'"***

[dailymail.co.uk]

We need to stop defining normal people as "cis". It's stupid, and obviously human beings haven't lived for countless generations and taken over the whole world and space because or ancestors were normal healthy people who had lots of kids.
If someone ever calls me cis I'm going to call them names back.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 21

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,802Top