slug.com slug.com
19 11

Is the religion of Islam homophobic? Is it right to criticize it the same we do as other religions?

ariellescarcella 7 Sep 8
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Ariellescarcella I am going to say the truth and cite the actual verses and not cover things up like other people: I am an Ex-Muslim asexual female and Islam does have serious repercussions for attempting to criticize it even within the United States. Despite what individual Muslims say the scriptures directly are against homosexuality including in the Quran. It is also a heavily sexualized religion that hyper regulates things in favor of straight men. Many liberal Muslims attempt to white-wash things and go as far as to include gays within mosques in some cities but the undercurrent is extremely homophobic and racist. They will say Islam is accepting and does not teach hatred, but the links I provided directly state otherwise, and all I want is for them to own it. In Iran it is preferred to undergo sexual reassignment rather than be gay if you meet the criteria (maybe the rest of the world taking that idea on some level now). I went through basically conversion therapy for identifying as asexual and was ridiculed (by both men and women) on a few Muslim platforms for my lack of interest in men beyond the concept of having children. The solution at my mosque for asexuality and homosexuality are to have them marry each other or lesbians and asexual women engage in polygamy but you still must be sexually available when your husband requests it. I attached a link to some of the rulings that do not white-wash it because they want to up the conversion counts, especially for white women. If they are upfront about what the scriptures actually do say then they would not be able to promote the religion as being tolerant and peaceful as they claim it to be. It is not much different from the other Abrahamic religions, but I can not speak for them because I was Muslim most of my life. In summary, if you are not in line specifically with heterosexuality and being sexually available to a man (if you are a woman) then you will face discrimination on varying levels wherever you go even if you identify as asexual.

Here is the link to the verses without the politically correct cover-ups they do:
[islamqa.info]

Shiki37 Level 1 Jan 20, 2022

Yes. We should be able to criticize EVERY religions. And Islamic countries are often violent to LGBT.

Atitaya Level 5 Sep 23, 2020

I am so late to the party but I am so happy to see you finally made a video like this. Nearly every Islam majority country has laws against being gay and all countries that have the death penalty for homosexuals are Muslim majority. I don’t know much about the Islam religion but I would say the laws they have according to the religious texts, they are homophobic.

I am a lesbian Christian and I see criticism against my religion probably every single time I look at social media and even anti christian stuff. This is perfectly acceptable yet if dare say something about Muslims being homophobic, you are Islamophobic.

Both religions have followers who are homophobic and misogynistic based on interpretation of religious text. Most Christians think homosexuality is a sin yet would not want to harm gay people. Most Muslims however would want homosexuality to at least be illegal. With both religions, we need to call out homophobia. If it’s acceptable to do with Christians, it should be acceptable to do with Muslims as well. The only reason why it

I’m currently writing a book about my former religion (mormonism) and a mormon girl who finds out she is a lesbian. In my book I plan to write a scene where the openly gay kid and a Muslim girl have a disagreement. The gay kid’s liberal uptopia was shaken when the Muslim girl reveals being gay should be illegal and her country (Iran I’m thinking?) puts gay people to death or forces them to transition to the opposite gender. She then tells the gay guy he may as well become a woman if he keeps on dressing like that and being gay. To the gay kid’s surprise, my main character defends the gay kid. She tells him the Muslim girl is just as homophobic or more than their mormon peers.

I thought I was gonna be a lone voice addressing this issue in my book. I’m really glad to see this video addressed homophobia in Islam. We should be having these conversations more often. I feel even more impressed to include this scene in my book.

Replying here rather than on youtube. any faith path that says you have to kill those that don't walk the same path as you is an abomination unto the Gods. in the old days several ages ago all faiths make sacrifice of animals and sometimes people. now we only sacrifice our time in service to each other in the name of our God. Islam is not evolving to suit the new world that is unfolding it is stagnating and becoming bitter and actively trying to hold the world in the 7th century. including the false thought about the sun taking a mud bath when it sets. so you ask do i think Islam is scared of homosexuals. no i think they have found their answer to that along time ago. they don't fear them they will simply kill anyone or anything that is against their holy book.

Wrong on so many levels where do I start...

I'm Muslim and don't hate anyone who doesn't hate me. It's untrue to say Islam teaches hatred of anyone, especially a oppressed minority. Yes, we believe the act of sodomy and changing the body you've been given are both sins as defined by Allah in the Qur'an but so does it say that alcohol and sex outside marriage is wrong but I'm not condemning or supporting those that do these things but the acts are clearly not good for society. Disprove Islam before expecting us to abandon it.

Islam is the souce of our morality, that draws the lines at where our desires are detrimental to us. Today it's sodomy tomorrow it's incest and beastiality. Interestingly neither of these can be shown as wrong under the "harm principal" and "consent", so why is it still illegal and wrong? This inconsistency needs justifying before you expect us to accept it.

There is scientific evidence to suggest the act of sodomy is detrimental for the health of the participants and for the wider society. There is evidence to suggest that many trans people have deeper psychological issues that don't necessitate a change of sex. Shouldn't this be addressed before normalising this behaviour? Not forgetting, it would be impinging on our freedom of believe to force us to support something we believe is wrong. Justify these inconsistencies in your own beliefs, before expecting us to accept it.

Jawaad Level 1 Sep 14, 2020

I am only going to address the transsexual aspect of your comment: I, we, don't need to address a 'fact' that changing one's sex (the hormonal and secondary sex characteristics) is harmful to some people because it is NOT harmful to most who do so - in fact, medically and psychologically, it is quite beneficial. Taking too much aspirin is harmful but we don't make aspirin illegal (or even hard to get). So, just because something is harmful to someone doesn't make it bad or wrong. Appropriateness is important, whether it be changing sex or using aspirin. And I get that those are VERY different things - ie life changing. Yet, it is important to recognize that changing sex IS BENEFICIAL and therefore not a blanket harmful that needs to be prevented.

As it applies to Islam: The gentlemen in the video makes clear that Islam actively sanctions attempts to modernize or change it to be more accepting of individual rights. I think if someone wants to BE Moslem then that is their right - what they can't do is impose aspects of their religion on others, even within their own (adult) family members (unfortunately, my argument means that teens can be harmed emotionally, at a minimum, for being trans or gay but I do believe even there, there has to be some restrictions on the practice of Islam). Pointing out that Islam is anti-gay, anti-trans, and very restrictive towards the rights of women is not Islamophobic, it is criticizing practices that are anti-individual rights. I am not seeking to eradicate Islam, or Christianity or Judaism. I seek to prevent adherents from infringing upon OTHERS rights while they believe they are exercising their religious rights. And attempts to shut down ANY criticism of Islam by calling the commenter Islamophobic is an attempt to infringe (by intimidation) on their rights.

Justify your acceptance of Islam however you wish, note that not everyone is devout or believes all aspects, but acknowledge that gay, trans or ex-Muslims are fundamentally endangered by Islam.

Hi ! I am Gay and from Germany with Turkish roots. As said in the Video ,Homosexuality and orthodox Abrahamic religions do not fit in the first glance.

But nothing is pure Black or White . The Islamic Culture and traditions in all times has to deal with men attracted to other mens. Its all about Duality. Female and Male . Many homosexual men are „ accepted " as women . With todays point of view it indeed misogyny. The wife you have to marry has to be an virgin. Young men have to get through their puberty . Many Muslim men have bisexual experiences. Double standards. Be gay but do not shout it loud.

The keyword is not inclusion or acceptance its tolerance. The Islamic society tolerate closeted gay men . In my opinion orthodox Islam is able to progress like Judaism or Christianity.

I grew up in 1980 in a orthodox ( sunnit) Family and i had to go to catholic/protestant religion class due to the german school law ( Nowadays you can also choose ethic ) . And it was ok for my family. They where immigrants and has to follow liberal rules.

The main difference between Christianity and Islam is in my view the figure of Jesus. And the term salvation / forgiveness. ( Jesus died for the original sin of the humanity ) And despite the wrath abrahamic white, male god of the old testament you have also a god who can give you salvation. The concept of hell in Islam and damnation for Muslim people is always : There is an exit.

That sounds very medieval and backward also fearful.

Yes orthodox Islamic culture is homophobic but there are elements in the Qoran who can give solace and hope for progress, especially for homosexual men.

Traditional Patriarchy on the one hand but also the behavior of woman who raised their male and female children differently, especially the power status of a mother which gave birth to a boy are the true barrier the Islamic society has to overcome.

Sorry for double post . I can't delete the first attempts.

Bekind Level 1 Sep 14, 2020

Yes we should treat all people the same. I am against any group or people that hate others just because their religion says so. I have a problem with people being killed because they are gay or black. People weather it is for religion or just plain old hate should be held in the same contempt as the kkk, or Hitler. Just because its a religion should be condemned just the same. And we should be able to talk about it just because it spreads hate.

I had this idea in my head for a while that the reason Islam hasn't evolved liked the other Abrahamic faiths on rights for gays and women and is so violent is because of the sacking of Baghdad in 1258. Islam started with this duality which mirrors the duality of the prophet Muhammad. The philosopher who told his people that " kindness is a mark of Faith. Whoever has no kindness has no faith. " And the warrior who slaughtered and enslaved the tribes of Banu Qurayza after they surrendered. These two sides pretty much balance each other out for the most part. With the philosophical end of the religion going on to create Islamic golden age, influencing mathematics and thought around the world while the Warriors we're off conquering foreign lands. But this all changed when the Mongol hordes entered Baghdad and burned it to the ground. The philosophers were gone. The House of Wisdom was destroyed. Islam was brought to its knees. The only ones left were the martyrs off conquering places like India. They picked up the pieces and rebuilt Islam in their image. From 1258 until now all Islamic thought has been dominated by warriors. Warriors don't ask questions. With generation after generation of Muslims being taught to unquestioningly obey and their thought leaders pushing to keep things exactly as the prophet would have done but emphasizing the warrior side of him without also including the peaceful philosophical side...well that's a recipe for a shit show.

The biggest issue that Islam and Christianity share is using a human as the ideal of God's will. Human's are fundamentally flawed and can't come close to representing GOD's will but they can teach others the path of being better. Chirstians just made Jesus GOD to overcome this problem but m Muslims still have a chance to see the prophet not as obeying God's will perfectly but seeing the flawed man who did his best and showed the path for others to follow leaving the job of being better to the next generation of Muslims. But that's a pipe dream at this point.

You would make a video about homophobia and Islam.

that is literally the video i just posted haha

@ariellescarcella Eeh!

@ariellescarcella People are not sheep, they're a herd of asses that won't get out the fucking way! - you know cause a jackass is stubborn. Do girls know how strange they are? One man says to another man," bro I think my girlfriend might be slightly retarded." His friend asks," why do you say that?" The man says," she keeps making weird faces and taking pictures. Then she sends them to people. Yesterday she thought she was a duck. I don't know what's wrong with her!" We are the Elite Segregated Mulicolored Hippos... Killing a brain cell away, keeps the derp. Next time you pass a homeless person say, hey there's sixty thousand dollars, all that we need is a cooler. Because people have a kidney they don't need.
Anyone know of any good dumpster diving locations? HA, nice try, get your own dumpster!
When the cops come and ask you what you're doing while dumpster diving a Barn's and Noble, just say, trying to get an education. Because they sell books.
Or when they ask say, looking for a new girlfriend, because my girl is a dumpster hoe.

Yes... And yes... Very simple... 🙂

@Thaw Yeah I don't see any "reply" button anywhere...but the FAQ said to @ them. Anyways I agree with your comment that the word "homophobe" is incorrect and honestly I never call people that word cause it's kinda cringey, although I kinda did just call you one, maybe we should come up with a new word for people who don't like gay people. It's kinda like how the word "racist" doesn't usually mean discrimination, it's kinda used as a way of signifying hatred of non white people. And so "homophobia" isn't really used to signify a fear, it's more just a way of categorizing people who are revolted by gay people. So are you implying that my love of gay people is a pathology as opposed to your normal and appropriate disgust of their/our behaviour? What is the logical conclusion of this way of thinking? That it's appropriate to be revolted by gay men? and inappropriate to like them? Revulsion leads to hate crimes and Matthew Sheppard being tortured and left for dead: that's what the normalization of the disgust of gay men leads to.

@Thaw a nuanced comment. Ok. My gut reaction is to point out that people are not seduced into homosexuality - it is an innate characteristic of their personality. Yes, it is a minority population with somewhat greater influence in culture. However, I think it's influence is more consistent with an orientation to bisexuality in a MUCH LARGER portion of the population.

Given homosexuality is in every society, in all classes, and has been such historically, it is a NORMAL result in humanity, even if that normal result is a small minority. The USA is built on the ideal of protecting individual rights - not society's desire to be uniform....it's definition of "normal".

@thaw Not everybody is revolted by grown men acting like teenage girls though. There needs to be a name for people who are revolted by such things. Hmmmm....How about a homophobe?

homohaters, homoaggressives, homohate, homoanger?

Hail Satan. Satan doesn't hate gay people. Embracing Satan doesn't mean embracing wickedness, embracing Satan means embracing rebellion against the hypocrisy of the dominant religion.

@CharliePrime That's cute but adults are trying to have a conversation here.

No offense but I find that a little weird. Creating a religion to point out the hypocrisy of religion is like hating Pizza hut and starting up a pizza shack restaurant chain. You're putting a lot of effort and energy to say fuck you when you just can say fuck you.

@SoftWerker where are the Adults then? pointless rebellion is the action of a that doesn't understand yet thinks it knows .

Just as well start with whether or not Mohammad is a historical person. Same is true for Christ. Even if they are there are some strange transformation in the message in the case of Mohamand between Mecca and Medina and after Christ's death. You see a similar phenomenon with Buddhism as it transforms from philosophy to religion after Buddha's death. Interesting how new ideas are transformed as cultures try to accommodate them.

I'm the case of homosexuality the culture that existed prior to the new religions emerging probably has a lot to do with the prohibition.

Trying to combat Islamaphobia doesn't mean you can't criticize the detestable things within the Muslim religion, such as the rampant misogyny, homophobia, extremism, etc. I know I sure as hell do, just as I criticize the same terrible things within Christianity and Judaism. Islamaphobia is different and has nothing to do with genuine criticism of the religion, just as you can be critical of the actions of Israel while not being anti-Semitic. Islamaphobia should be denounced because freedom of religion is paramount, and we shouldn't be banning groups of people from free expression or discriminating against them just because we don't like their religion... if we are okay doing that, then why stop at Muslims, why not Christians or Jews too?

To say you don't see people calling out the issues in Islam sounds like your own ignorance, I see plenty of people do so - maybe I just follow different sources. Look at Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Salman Rushdie, etc.

The reason you may not see more mainstream criticism is because, at least in the USA, Islam is a minority religion which really has no influence in governance. The majority religion in the USA is Christianity, the overwhelming majority of legislators are Christian, and every president was Christian (yes even Obama). We constantly have Christians trying to influence the law based on their scripture, whether that was supporting slavery, anti-miscegenation laws, anti-sodomy laws, prohibiting same-sex marriage, prohibition, anti-abortion, injecting prayer in schools, trying to legalize discrimination, etc...

Once more, it is perfectly fine to criticize the religion itself, and I would go as far as saying you should actively criticize terrible inhumane practices within all religions. But don't pretend like you aren't a hypocrite if you discriminate against Islam but are perfectly fine with Christianity or Judaism, especially when Christians are trying to implement a type of "Christian Sharia" in the USA.

Thank you for your video, as an ex Muslim who lives in Iraq and who’s pro LGBT rights and women’s rights I find it very odd that some confused liberals would accept Islamic ideology. Not only that, but they’d defend the very religion that calls to kill all non Muslims including them. Let’s make it clear here Islam is Anti-gay anti-bi anti-trans and even anti-woman.

Thank you for being part of the conversation.

Based Jeff Goldblum

IMO, Islam is not really "phobic" so much as they are completely intolerant and otherwise incapable of peacefully coexisting among others of differing beliefs. Hell, we're talking about a group of individuals who have 1,200 years of showing the rest of us that they aren't even capable of getting along with one another. The tenets of Islamic doctrine and those who adhere to it are incapable of peaceful existence within western civilized society.

Homointolerance.

Actually, Muhammad plagerized homophobia from the Old Testament:

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

@CharliePrime Leviticus is all about the “rules before entering a church”. Everyone is born with sin in the Christian and catholic religion. It’s all about still being a good human in the end. Not about weather your gay or straight.

@fschmidt interesting. i've never heard that argument before

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 115

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,803Top