slug.com slug.com
1 1

Catholics been killing God's people since it started.

Poncho69 8 Apr 15
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

...as opposed to the people tortured and killed by other humans. Sorry, but it's just a fraction. Did you expect Catholics to be any different than everyone else? Did you think an attempt at being religious was miraculously going to fix them? Unless you believe in God, what sense does that make?

I do believe in the most high. But religion is run by the devil

@Poncho69, We are ALL run by the devil, and only redeemable in Christ. Singling out Catholicism is the perfect example. You are doing Satan's bidding.

@TimTuolomne are you Catholic

@Poncho69, No, I am a Christian, who believes Scripture when is says build each other up in faith, not find divisions. And finding divisions is what you are doing. It is explicitly contrary to Scripture.

@TimTuolomne
“Anyone who attempts to construe a personal view of God which conflicts with Church dogma must be burned without pity.”
– Pope Innocent III

Inquisition in the New World
As Spain expanded into the Americas, so did the Inquisition, established in Mexico in 1570. In 1574, Lutherans were burned at the stake there, and the Inquisition came to Peru, where Protestants were likewise tortured and burned alive.

In 1580 Spain conquered Portugal and began rounding up and slaughtering Jews that had fled Spain. Philip II also renewed hostilities against the Moors, who revolted and found themselves either killed or sold into slavery.

Philip II died in 1598 and his son, Philip III, dealt with the Muslim uprising by banishing them. From 1609 to 1615, 150,000 Muslims who had converted to Catholicism were forced out of Spain.

By the mid-1600s the Inquisition and Catholic dominance had become such an oppressive fact of daily life in Spanish territories that Protestants avoided those places altogether.
by there fruits you will know them.
Estimates of the number killed by the Spanish Inquisition, which Sixtus IV authorised in a papal bull in 1478, have ranged from 30,000 to 300,000. Some historians are convinced that millions died.15 June 2004.
Millions died. Learn more history
A devoted Roman Catholic, she attempted to restore Catholicism there, mainly through reasoned persuasion, but her regime's persecution of Protestant dissenters led to hundreds of executions for heresy. As a result, she was given the nickname Bloody Mary

Ephesians 6:12 For we WRESTLE not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against POWERS, against the rulers of the DARKNESS of this world, against spiritual wickedness in HIGH PLACES

the Catholic church is the only church to ban people having the Bible
The Sabbatarian Churches of God were slowly driven underground in Britain from that time. By 1054 they were underground also in Wales and also then in Scotland under Queen Margaret.

The Catholic Church was not content to simply drive the Church underground: it wanted to eradicate the Church in its entirety because the flame of Bible truth was kept alive by its adherents.

The Inquisition Commences
The Inquisition was commenced by the Roman Catholic Church in earnest from the Lateran Council of 1179. In 1177 from the 102nd Jubilee Satan moved against the Church of God. The Monk, Raymond of Daventry was sent to invigilate the Waldensian Barbes on his way to the Second Lateran Council in the Second year of the 103rd Jubilee. From this Council the Church was declared to be anathema and was to be persecuted. As usual the leaders were defamed and the doctrines were misrepresented as they were to be continually falsified over the centuries.

In 1190 the Council of Genoa declared that all the Sabbatarians or “heretics” – meaning those in disagreement with the Roman Catholic Church – were to be delivered up in chains to be BURNED at the STAKE.

@Poncho69. Finding fault is easy. We are huge targets, and Satan hopes you will do exactly what you are doing. Repent.

@TimTuolomne No Law = No Sin (1Jn 3:4)
No Sin = No need for grace (Rom 6:1)
No Law = No need for Saviour (Luk 5:32, Act 5:31)
Only ONE reason the true Messiah gives in Mat 7:23, ONLY ONE REASON for saying ...
"And then I shall declare to them, ‘I NEVER KNEW you, DEPART from Me, you who WORK VIOLATING the LAW!"
What law was fulfilled?

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh

What law is weak through flesh

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to (change times) and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
What law is going to be changed by the devil as predicted in Daniel
Daniel 9:26-27 And after threescore and two weeks shall MESSIAH be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
And he shall confirm the COVENANT with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall CAUSE the SACRIFICE and the OBLATION to CEASE, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate
What law is being predicted as to be fullfilled on the cross.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Matthew 5:17 ESV

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Romans 10:4 ESV
Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Luke 16:17
And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

What law is still valid?
what law? That is the question.
What law did Jesus replace when he became our sacrifice?

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do NOTHING, but he revealeth his SECRET unto his servants the PROPHETS

It has changed as predicted in Daniel

Law of sacrifice

Christ fulfilled the law of sacrifice as predicted in Daniel

Daniel 9:26-27 And after threescore and two weeks shall MESSIAH be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
And he shall confirm the COVENANT with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall CAUSE the SACRIFICE and the OBLATION to CEASE, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do NOTHING, but he revealeth his SECRET unto his servants the PROPHETS.
This is the new covenant.
Hebrews 4:9-11 There REMAINETH therefore a REST to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his REST, he also hath ceased from his own WORKS, as God did from his.
Let us labour therefore to ENTER into that REST, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Romans 10:2-10 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above🙂
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
These are not in the 10 commandments. So don't make 10 commandments invalid.
People need to understand the Bible before they speak. These are in ordinances.
Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR as THYSELF: I am the LORD.
Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou SHALT LOVE The LORD THY GOD with all thine HEART, and with all thy SOUL, and with all thy MIGHT.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be DECEIVED: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Romans 2:8
But unto them that are contentious, and do not OBEY the TRUTH, but obey UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, indignation and wrath,

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOETH the WILL of my Father which is in heaven.

Hebrews 10:5-12 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

@Poncho69, so does make YOU the inquisitor? That is exactly how the Inquisition started. Look not at the speck in your brother's eye, but the log in your own.

@TimTuolomne so you attack me because you have no defence of the Catholic church

@Poncho69. Our defense is only in Christ. I am not attacking you. I am asking you rhetorical questions. I will not continue a discussion with you if you continue to put words in my mouth, and assert what I am or am not. I am not doing that to you. I fear for your immortal soul because you actually believe you are doing good when it seems you are doing evil.

@TimTuolomne let me worry about myself. You worry about being deceived

@Poncho69. Don't speak for me. You don't know what you are talking about.

@TimTuolomne the Bible is very clear

@Poncho69. I get to say what is true for me. If you speak for me I get to tell you you don't know what you are talking about. I am not talking about the Bible. If your point of view was valid, you would have no need to throw rocks at me.

@TimTuolomne Catholic church banned people from having the Bible for over 1000 years.

Why Christians Were Denied Access to Their Bible for 1,000 Years

Bernard Starr, Contributor

College Professor (Emeritus, City University of N.Y),psychologist, journalist.

Book with chains

The Council of Nicaea called by the Emperor Constantine met in 325 C.E. to establish a unified Catholic Church. At that point no universally sanctioned Scriptures or Christian Bible existed. Various churches and officials adopted different texts and gospels. That's why the Council of Hippo sanctioned 27 books for the New Testament in 393 C.E. Four years later the Council of Cartage confirmed the same 27 books as the authoritative Scriptures of the Church.

Wouldn't you assume that the newly established Church would want its devotees to immerse themselves in the sanctioned New Testament, especially since the Church went to great lengths to eliminate competing Gospels? And wouldn't the best way of spreading the "good news" be to ensure that every Christian had direct access to the Bible?

That's not what happened. The Church actually discouraged the populace from reading the Bible on their own -- a policy that intensified through the Middle Ages and later, with the addition of a prohibition forbidding translation of the Bible into native languages.

Yet, a different model already existed in Judaism. Dating back to the Exodus, Moses ordained public readings of the Torah, according to Jewish Roman historian Flavius Josephus: "...every week men should desert their other occupations and assemble to listen to the Torah and to obtain a thorough and accurate knowledge." That practice later became standard in synagogue services, in which the Old Testament (Torah) is read over a year in sequence, covering the entire Bible. In fact, as a practicing Jew, Jesus read the weekly parsha (section of the Torah) at the Sabbath services that he regularly attended: "And he went to Nazareth where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day and stood up for to read" (Luke 4:16).

Since the Church sequestering their sanctioned Bible from the populace makes no sense, I was not surprised that some readers bristled when I recently wrote about the historic prohibitions against Christians reading the New Testament on their own, or worse, translating the Bible into a native language. One called me a liar. That too was not surprising. A few years earlier I gave a talk at an American Psychological Association meeting and afterwards lunched with a group of young Christians, some of whom also challenged my statements about the Bible prohibitions. I later sent them references documenting my claims, but never heard back from them. I've always wondered how they reacted to the citations I sent, which included:

Decree of the Council of Toulouse (1229 C.E.): "We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books."

Ruling of the Council of Tarragona of 1234 C.E.: "No one may possess the books of the Old and New Testaments in the Romance language, and if anyone possesses them he must turn them over to the local bishop within eight days after promulgation of this decree, so that they may be burned..."

Proclamations at the Ecumenical Council of Constance in 1415 C.E.: Oxford professor, and theologian John Wycliffe, was the first (1380 C.E.) to translate the New Testament into English to "...helpeth Christian men to study the Gospel in that tongue in which they know best Christ's sentence." For this "heresy" Wycliffe was posthumously condemned by Arundel, the archbishop of Canterbury. By the Council's decree "Wycliffe's bones were exhumed and publicly burned and the ashes were thrown into the Swift River."

Fate of William Tyndale in 1536 C.E.: William Tyndale was burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English. According to Tyndale, the Church forbid owning or reading the Bible to control and restrict the teachings and to enhance their own power and importance.

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 116 More

Posted by eschatologyguy Warning: Rather dark content.

Posted by WeltansichtPsalm 122:6 Tehillim 122:6

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by Weltansicht For KosherTorah School Students The Private Teachings of R.

Posted by eschatologyguy A Likely Scenario (based on many prophetic passages) The Left never sleeps and they never stop plotting utterly sick, perverse evil.

Posted by eschatologyguyA covenant in a generic sense is a peace agreement.

Posted by eschatologyguy The idea or concept of being allowed to escape the coming tribulation was already prophesied back in Job and Psalms and the prophets.

Posted by WeltansichtAhh, to be as children ;-)

Posted by WeltansichtFrom Jerusalem Hashem bless all of us with a wonderful, healthy, sweet, and productive New Year… A year of peace.

Posted by WeltansichtThe rabbi has not done a live FB session in a long long time, so it must be insightfully important. 8 PM EASTERN His page: [facebook.com]

Posted by eschatologyguyI have a high respect for these two guys, but the more they shoehorn Russia in as the endtime bogeyman and claiming it to be "prophetic," the more incredible they sound.

Posted by WeltansichtNot sure if it is prophetical, but there are ways to support Israel, despite the globalists' apartheid boycott divestment and sanctions movement. [levhaolam.com]

Posted by eschatologyguy Most Troy Black's "prophecies" missed the mark. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he got his revelations from. Careful with "internet prophets."

Posted by eschatologyguy The Philippine Department of Education just opened the door to let the LGBT ideological insanity in. Clueless leaders being clueless. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by WeltansichtBehold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of ...

Posted by eschatologyguy One world government has its appeal with science buffs who are told by popular physicists like Michio Kaku, Neil DeGrasse Tyson and others that this would be a necessary development to allow a ...

• Top tags#video #god #Israel #Bible #world #ChuckMissler #church #Jesus #Christians #earth #faith #Christian #biden #iran #Rapture #nation #book #truth #hope #evil #government #pastor #reason #military #Islam #media #China #money #children #nuclear #USA #hell #sin #EndTimeProphecy #youtube #ancient #teachers #death #Jerusalem #holy #evidence #democrats #Satan #TheTruth #population #spirit #verses #fear #Canada #MiddleEast ...

Members 139Top

Moderators