slug.com slug.com
21 5

When is someone expressing anti-Semitism?

A member flagged a recent post, "Hollywood composition of actors and actresses?", for exhibiting what they thought was anti-Semitism and we want to get your thoughts as to where you draw the line. Perhaps include a statement that you think is acceptable discussion and what it would take for it to be considered "hate". The Anti-Defamation League just came out with a report [triblive.com] that says "Anti-Semitic incidents reached record high in America last year". What do you think is going on?

Do you think anti-Semitism is

• 16 votes
  • 24 votes
  • 2 votes
Admin 8 May 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let them speak. When they act, crush them. When you don't do that, it will grow.

Here we should be allowed to “crush” people displaying tendencies towards bigotry in any form verbally and with thought.
Personally I like Mocking Morons ...

@Bay0Wulf Fight bad speech with good speech. Unfortunately, I too like a good mocking. Doesn't help but does feel good.

I didn't find that post to be objectionable, and regardless if I may or may not have agreed with the author's post it appeared he tried to stay civil. I draw the line when things get personal, such as using a certain word that starts with a think to describe Jews, you lose the argument/debate as soon as you fall back on personal insults. There are rotten individuals from all walks of life/backgrounds. With that said, society these days is rather quick to cry foul as soon as a little criticism enters the equation, especially when said criticism is directed at Jewish individuals. Far too many have been unjustly shouted down by the "sensitive crowd", and if we are to have fair conversations and debates that sort of thing needs to stop.

I consider this like if a scientist said the Corona-Virus originated in China, someone calling him anti Chinese for bringing that up, no it is just a fact. Rick Sanchez found out CNN would not allow even his statement most of my bosses in the media are Jewish and it slants my coverage of the Israel Palestine debate to be okay without being fired by CNN. In this case he is bringing up a factual statement that is worthy of being fired for doing. Helen Thomas did as well, so did Marc Lamont Hill. All 3 of the people I mentioned are not even White. Hill is Black, Thomas is Lebanese, and Sanchez was Hispanic or Cuban. None of the statements are conducive to anger or hatred of this group but merely factual data of the circumstances we are in. If you never even allow facts and data to be discussed than you are merely suppressing the truth for political correctness gains. A discussion of the data can be had and disagreement over what it implies fine. However to just call stating facts "Hate" is one of the biggest problems America and the whole western world faces right now. When a topic cannot even be discussed it is no longer science but merely a religion to the person denying the factual discussion. Also RAMZ is not a White nationalist and has said this on many occasions and he supports the Jewish state of Israel a Zionist position.

@Robert100 I agree with pretty much everything you said. Not sure why you brought up Paul Ramsey, up until now never even heard of him, and the link above was not a post from him but rather someone in the group he hosts.

That should say above starts with a letter 'k', don't know why the word think showed up instead...

“Antisemitism” is a made up word created by the most powerful jewish lobbying group there is, the ADL. Semite actually refers to all people who derive from the Arabic speaking cultures and muslims are semites as well but you rarely ever hear about that.

Andyman Level 8 May 18, 2020

Free speech should be encouraged always. It gives you enlightenment on ones true perspective. whats worse? knowing what someone truly believes or allowing yourself to be deceived by the masking of their beliefs through censorship.

There was a time when the ADL had a good cause to be or to feel threatened. Today while there is still a lot of "anti Zionist" rhetoric flying about here in the West it lacks several important components. They say that threats - deadly threats can only be taken seriously if they consist of 3 basic elements. 1)Motive 2)opportunity 3)ability to carry out the threat.
Here and today I see where there is definitely motive - hatred of the Jews has permeated time and culture. Here in USA there is a lot of "anti-Zionist" rhetoric spewing from the Libertarian wing of political activism and thought. So the motive is albeit irrational "Jew Hatred" for the sake of hating the Jews.
Where opportunity is concerned (at least here in the West) there seems to be a lack of organization - like the WWII era Nazi Party. "Jew Hates" exist aplenty but they really are very loosely organized at best. Once in a while a singular extremist kook will cut loose and attack others in the name of anti-Zionism but only as a secondary complaint in their manifesto behind "evil bankers/capitalism" and left wing politicians.
And the 3rd element "ability to carry out the threat" is closely related to opportunity. Anti Zionist radicals tend to act out alone and they tend to die in the act of violence themselves. Although bloody violence even in relatively small doses is unacceptable it is NOTHING compared to the genocide against Jews in the early/mid 20th century.
There tends to be strong reaction - I would say over reaction to every little anti Jew utterance these days. While that kind of chatter is reprehensible it really is nothing more than the lunatic ravings of the singular and relatively obscure nut case who is mostly motivated by his own pathological need for attention and infamy..." The expression "any shame for fame" comes to mind.

Conversely Anti-Zionism is a very serious/prescient problem in the Middle East, Northern Africa, and West Asia. I do believe anything we (the West) can do to protect Israel from it's sworn enemies is a good thing. But I also submit this is NOT what the ADL was intended to do - to fight off real military and massive threats against Israel. The Israelis have a well equipped army and special forces to do that.
I am not suggesting the ADL is no longer needed. I am saying that there is an impulse to cry out anti-semitism" where really there is none. Israel in general and Jews in particular are not above reproach. When they say or do things that are clearly objectionable it is good and right to call it out. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong regardless race, religion...etc.

iThink Level 9 May 18, 2020

I mostly agree with you with the exception of one point... you stated there is alot of anti-zionist rhetoric coming from the Libertarian wing of politics. While I'm sure there are libertarians out there spewing such hate, most of the Jew bashing I've observed over the years is coming from individuals who are far right also known as alt right. Not sure if you heard of a site called Minds.com, but I am active on there and I could tell you from firsthand experience just about all the far right members and groups on there constantly bash Jewish individuals. I chat often with some guy on there who is a secular Jew and also libertarian like me, and he says often how appalled he is at some of those on the right for their obvious hatred of Jews. It also pays to keep in mind quite a few of those on the political left bash Jews too. Afterall, hatred and prejudice of that sort know no particular political affiliation. Aside from that one point, I pretty much agree with everything else you mentioned.

I saw the original post. Seeing that it was on the RamZPaul group, I ignored it, because that seems to be a group for people who have a white nationalist / anti-Semitic slant. I have no need to be in that group, and respect their free speech, so I moved along.

But yes, the original post does seem to have anti-Semitic undertones. Yes, it is calling out "OscarsSoWhite" and trying to call people hypocrites for not complaining about an over-representation of Jewish people in Hollywood, which on its face is a fair assertion, though there have always been issues with people acting as a race / heritage they are not (Fisher Stevens as an Indian man in Short Circuit, Mickey Rooney as a Japanese man in Breakfast at Tiffany's, Rachel Brosnahan as a very Jewish woman in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, etc). But then the point of the post seemed to be singling out Jewish actors and actresses, and complaining about them.

There are comments likening Jewish people in movies to "propaganda" and some concept someone refers to as being "JQ aware"? You also have a comment calling Jewish people "a group who looks like us but is hostile and considers themselves something else" - a common talking point to try and "other" Jewish people to make them seem un-American and consider them "the enemy" and paint the only real American patriots as straight white Christians.

To @Andyman, yes you are correct, Semite is a much broader term, but in modern lexicon the word "anti-Semitism" has pretty much been redefined to mean prejudice against Jews. The only "Jewish lobbying group" is really pro-Israel groups, which as a Jew myself, I am in full support that you can be against the acts of Israel as a country and not be anti-Semitic - you are only anti-Semitic if you are against Israel because they are Jewish, not because you disapprove of their policy or human rights or something like that.

But yes, anti-Semitism is a huge issue these days, when you have neo-Nazis marching in the streets of Charlottesville and people with Swastika flags at Reopen Rallies.

The only attacks on jews I’ve seen are the ones being perpetrated by blacks in New York City which the ADL and the SPLC have been steadfastly ignoring and covering up. As far as the ethnostate of israel goes, I have no issue with jews creating their own ethnic state but Americans shouldn’t be giving it billions of dollars and fighting its wars for it either. Jewish control of the media and the pop culture as well as google and facebook is getting harder and harder to dispute and the censorship and the propaganda they inflict are intentionally causing generations of white gentiles to hate their own country and their own ancestry.

I was not trying to other the group. I was merely saying if OscarsTooWhite is an acceptable position for Hollywood, and the media, and left wing activists to take, and not a racial slur or blood libel towards Whites as a group, why is OscarsTooJewish simply unacceptable any actor saying this Black or White would be blacklisted from Hollywood and never allowed to work in Hollywood again. If the groups are the same and ADL senior members consider them selves White? Why is OscarsTooWhite not a slur on them too? I was not considering them or you the other. I was saying they must consider themselves something other if they are offended at Jewish being mentioned but do not care a lick if White is mentioned.

@Andyman could you please provide this "hard to dispute" evidence that media and pop culture is controlled by Jews?

Remember that eerie video a couple years ago of all those local news stations reciting the exact same script? That was due to control from Sinclair Broadcast Group, a Christian-run group. Fox News is owned by Rupert Murdoch, a Christian. How much influence do you think Koch Industries has, again Christians. Look at the Green family, ultra-Christian owners of Hobby Lobby, who were able to influence US policy with their insurance exemptions. The CEO of Google is Sundar Pichai, a Hindu.

The only attacks you've seen on Jews is from African Americans in NY? Are you serious?

5 big media companies

1. Comcast CEO Brian Roberts- Roberts was born into a Jewish family in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the son of Ralph J. Roberts.

2 Walt Disney Company Executive chairman Bob Iger was born to a Jewish family in New York City.[3][6][7] He is the oldest son of Mimi

1. Viacomcbs- Chariwoman Sheri Redstone- Redstone was born to a Jewish family[6] in Boston, Massachusetts

2. Foxs Corp- Rupert Murdoch as you said not Jewish though pretty Zionist but yes he is not Jewish.

3. AT&T- New big one and not a Jewish CEO true.

Used to be CBS Corporation was one of the big 6 and was owned by Les Moonves but this was merged and he was forced out. Leslie Roy Moonves[9] was born in Brooklyn, New York City,[1] to a Jewish family

Mostly agree w/you - especially agree with the 1st paragraph.

@SpikeTalon
I know I apologize it was meant for the original poster jackson knought

@Robert100, the Oscars So White criticism came out in 2015, when all acting category nominations were white people. Coincidentally, none of the acting nominations were Jewish.

While I am certainly not accusing you, I think that 9 times out of 10 when people complain and try to piggy back off of a complaint / trend like this, whether that is saying Oscars are "so Jewish" or that "all lives" matter, it isn't really meant to ask a real concerning question or bring up hypocrisy or injustice. Most of the time it is an excuse to lessen and bury the injustice felt by the original party, and to try to use their prejudice to make themselves the victim. Are their a lot of Jewish people in Hollywood, and do a fair amount win Oscars? Sure. Does that change the complaint of people of color criticizing being shut out of the Oscars?

Also, here is a list of Jewish Oscar noms / winners. Doesn't really look like it is significant more than non-Jews.

Finally, the problem a lot of people have with "Oscars So Jewish" is because it is similar to if you said "Oscars So Black" or "Oscars So Female" - you are taking a marginalized group (specifically in the USA, anyone not cis straight white Christian males) and trying to further marginalize them. It is no different than complaining that you need a Straight Pride parade.

@JacksonNought
@Robert100, the Oscars So White criticism came out in 2015, when all acting category nominations were white people. Coincidentally, none of the acting nominations were Jewish.

My response: Even if they were though they would never say OscarsTooJewish because Jewish people have 100 percent ownership of Hollywood Movie Studios not White Christian people.

While I am certainly not accusing you, I think that 9 times out of 10 when people complain and try to piggy back off of a complaint / trend like this, whether that is saying Oscars are "so Jewish" or that "all lives" matter, it isn't really meant to ask a real concerning question or bring up hypocrisy or injustice. Most of the time it is an excuse to lessen and bury the injustice felt by the original party, and to try to use their prejudice to make themselves the victim. Are their a lot of Jewish people in Hollywood, and do a fair amount win Oscars? Sure. Does that change the complaint of people of color criticizing being shut out of the Oscars?

My response: As you sound pretty leftist SJW here I kind of assume most people on Slug lean right but I could be mistaken. I never feel we need quotas for everything that involves talent. Blacks are barely over 10 percent of the population and have had Oscars where they are 2 of the 4 winners and similar proportions of nominees. That would be way over their numbers and good for them. If 1 year none of the movies they did were no good than they were no good. Blacks are 7 to 8 times over-represented in NBA basketball and NFL Football, but I never see NBA TOO BLACK by any major media figure or organization. We do not use quotas there we say let the best man win. Same should apply here. Tired of the double standards.

Also, here is a list of Jewish Oscar noms / winners. Doesn't really look like it is significant more than non-Jews.

Finally, the problem a lot of people have with "Oscars So Jewish" is because it is similar to if you said "Oscars So Black" or "Oscars So Female" - you are taking a marginalized group (specifically in the USA, anyone not cis straight white Christian males) and trying to further marginalize them. It is no different than complaining that you need a Straight Pride parade.

My Response:You have narrowed everything down to Oscar winners. I am also talking about producers, writers, directors and behind the scenes people and their representation in Hollywood. I don't get what makes Jews marginalized in America in terms of wealth, power, finance, lobbying groups, and representation in media Journalists( Jake Tapper, Larry King, Wolf Blitzer, Chris Wallace, Bill Kristol, Ted Koppel, Rachel Maddow, and Dana Bash). Federal Reserve Banking, Banking in general and handling loans, Wall Street, and lobbying groups ADL, AIPAC, AJC, RJC, DJC, HIAS etc. This is 2020 not 1970 so Whites who for 200 years were 90 percent of the population thanks to the 1965 Celler Hart Act, 1986 amnesty, and 1990 doubling of legal immigration are down to 60 percent of the population and falling. Financially Indians and Asians have much higher annual salaries than Whites now. Whites are under-represented at Harvard, Yale, and many other Ivy League schools and obviously in Hollywood. I simply do not get how we have this special power anymore that we can accept all these double standards as we are not a marginalized group. We do not have an ADL to police speech about us and that is the main difference. Also if we even tried one it would be called Nazi or hate. That has to stop at one point especially as we become a Minority in a country we were an 80 to 90 percent majority in for almost 200 years. The 1965 Immigration bill was sold as not changing the demographics of the country and yet here we are they lied what a surprise. Once all the braggerts of the Left act like the greatest single thing they could accomplish was forcing Whites into Minority status in America then we deserve a group that has funding and jobs like other minority groups do. No antifa attacks, no ADL SPLC Hate group listing and no deplatforming from all social media and payment processors. The very people who force this minority status are the first to attack Whites for doing what all minority groups do which is to try and form defensive identity groups to protect them. To keep ignoring this 2020 truth and pretending it is still and always 1960 with Whites at 90 percent of the population and running everything is simply a joke and evil.

@JacksonNought, the United States was founded by Christians of European descent who would have scoffed at the very idea of such things as “multiculturalism” and “diversity” and would have branded you insane if you suggested that transplanting a variety of alien cultures here would somehow “strengthen” us. Maybe israel should allow more Palestinian influence over their media and pop culture? Maybe some rich entertainment executives could make super stars out of young Palestinian rap artists, who rap about their hate for israel, make it dominate the culture until young Israeli kids are hating their own country and ancestors too. Would you be “tolerant” of that?

Jewish Americans who support israel too often are the same ones militantly pushing diversity and multiculturalism on the United States. Being aware of this isn’t “hate”.

I don’t care who the CEO of Google is, the two people who own the controlling lions share of the company are Sergey Brin and Larry Page. Both are jewish.

@Andyman
And You-tube CEO is Susan Wojcicki is also Jewish Mark Zuckerberg who controls Facebook same thing, and she and he partners with the ADL to determine which videos on You-tube are "HATE" and which ones are love. Therefore someone on You-tube could brag about White replacement in the US as Cenk Uguyr and the Young Turks bragged about never getting a strike. Facebook will ban any post that even mentions Alex Jones or Gavin Mcinnes. Andyman is exactly right. Noticing Bill Kristol, Ben Shapiro, Jennifer Rubin, and Max Boot love Israel's wall and support Netanyahu while they decry the US having anything similar. These double standards are facts, not hate speech.

@Andyman did you miss where I said I myself am critical of Israel, and I have no issue with people being critical of Israel for any reason other than just "they are Jewish"? Go ahead and criticize Israel all you want - the fact that they are an ethno-state, that they are guilty of human rights abuses with Palestinians, etc. Just don't attack them simply for the fact that they are Jewish, and you might not like Jews.

Yes, the US was originally settled by fanatical Christians, running from the tyrannical Christianity of Europe, but still imposing their own tyrannical Christianity. Yes, they definitely would have scoffed at "multiculturalism" and "diversity" - they were the type to ban music, ban Christmas celebrations, and burn supposed witches. They probably wouldn't approve of the current state of Christianity in America any more than non-Christian religions or cultures, and certainly wouldn't approve of free speech.

The US was founded (Founding Fathers) by majority Christians, yes, but there were also free-thinkers and diests. They specifically ensured there could be multiculturalism and diversity, by specifically leaving any gods out of the Constitution, and allowing for Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion. Sure, they were flawed, and had slaves, and they probably weren't necessarily thinking that non-whites and women and non-traditional people would have the same rights. But then again, they probably didn't think people would be walking around with the crazy advanced guns we have today. It really doesn't matter what they thought, they still granted us these Constitutional rights.

You think Jews are pushing multiculturalism and diversity? There are strict Orthodox groups in New York who are as crazy as fundamentalist Christian Americans with their anti-vaxx stance and desire to discriminate. And what is your problem with diversity really? Do you wish America was all cis straight white Christians? And does it matter if the there are rich Jewish people out there with control of media or banking? You realize we have never had a Jewish president or VP?

@JacksonNought , you say it’s okay to criticize israel but just don’t criticize jews but then go on a rant about how this country was founded by “fanatical Christians”. You’re like many jewish people who are hypersensitive about any criticism of judaism while being rabidly anti Christian, too blind to see the irony.

@Andyman I guess you also missed where I did indeed criticize Jews? I have ire for any crazy fundamentalist religion, whether that involves Christianity, Islam, Judaism, whatever. I am no fan of the extremely racist, misogynistic, anti-science Orthodox Jewish communities that exist in New York, who are currently disregarding quarantine safety regulations. I am no fan of the Jewish sects who still have Rabbis suck on a baby penis during a circumcision. I am no fan of blind support for Israel.

Am I hypersensitive about criticism of Judaism? Absolutely not. The interesting thing about Jews is that it is both a religion and an ethnicity. You want to criticize the religion, be my guest. I am an Atheist, and see issues with all religions. Just don't think your Christianity is free from criticism, or is any better than any others. The country was indeed settled by fanatical Christians. Are you saying it wasn't? It seems to me that you are hypersensitive about criticism of Christianity?

Again, being Jewish is an interesting case where it can describe both a religion and an ethnicity. As I said, I am a stalwart Atheist, but I am ethnically Jewish. This is no different than being a Christian who is Irish, or a Buddhist who is Chinese. Religion is a choice, ethnicity is not. Where I take issue is with your attack on the ethnic part - which is what this all really boils down to. The majority of people who attack Jews couldn't care less about their religion, and even if they converted to Christianity or were Atheists or whatever - they are still ethnically Jewish, and therefore are still deserving of hatred in their eyes. Why else in the original post do you have people bringing up ancestry? Someone called out Sean Penn because his paternal grandparents were Jewish, even though his mother was Irish Catholic and he was Agnostic as a child. They call out Judd Apatow, admitting he is non-religious but ethnically Jewish, so that is enough to call him out. In fact, a good amount of Jews in Hollywood are non-religious, so again this is hatred seems to always be about the ethnic part, which as I previously said, the original thread used to try and "other" people are label them as foreign influence and not true Americans. @Robert100 seemed to compare them to the devil even.

I will go right out and ask. Do you hate Jewish people? I'm all for Freedom of Speech and Opinion, so if you do, that is fine, it is your right to feel that way. But I am also in my rights to call it out and argue against it. Look at the new post here, from Slugo, who clearly hates Jewish people.

@JacksonNought, I don’t hate anyone but I recognize certain groups that seem united in their own hatred for white people and for Christians. Black people are very open today about their hatred for whites and they express it without any fear because it has become socially acceptable to hate white people. I grew up with several jewish friends and aside from being forced to go to synagogue until they were thirteen none of them were religious and openly expressed their atheism. With jewish people I’m not sure whether it started with the “Gods chosen people” religious aspect of it or what but there’s definitely a superiority complex going on and I’m not blind to how powerful jews use their influence to trash not only Christianity but America as well. I see it in Hollywood and in academia, I see it in the strict censorship that is going on in social media, I see it in the mainstream media. I don’t see how any reasonable person can deny that there is a “good old boy” network with jews where they help each other get ahead but call anyone who dares to notice anti semetic.

@Andyman well first, I would say that Jewish people are white people. No different than how Italians are white, Russians are white, Irish are white, Germans are white, etc.

Second, I guess I would have to come back with, I recognize certain groups that seem united in their own hatred for non-white people and for non-Christians. Christians are very open in their hatred for anyone who doesn't subscribe to their very specific viewpoints, and they do it without fear because they are the majority in the US and hold the power, and have no consequences (even if they claim persecution all the time). Christians most definitely have a superiority complex, and use their influence to try and shape the laws of the US and turn it into a Christian Theocracy. I don't see how any reasonable person can deny that there is a network of Christians that help each other get ahead, but anyone who notices is labeled as "anti-First Amendment" or "anti-Freedom" or "anti-American" for daring to call into question the blatant Christian favoritism in the country.

@JacksonKnought

Point 1 Name a powerful Christian organization that declares they Hate all Non Christians in America and if you can name one we can research if they faced no repercussions. Being a majority means nothing if you have no power, money or organization.

Point 2- Family Research Council is Christian group called a hate group by the SPLC or $PLC and because of this Floyd Corkin shot up a center do to the SPLC's listing. The Christian Coalition was also routinely attacked for injecting religion into politics and so was the religious right. The media attacked them routinely. Joy Behar openly attacked Christians on her show The View but rather than be fired or have advertisers boycott the show she apologized and moved on. Would sure be nice if a public figure could do this with Jews and keep their job after apologizing and everyone moves on. You are making the premise that nobody publicly can criticize Christians in Hollywood, Youtube, Legacy Media, or elsewhere and keep their jobs. I am telling they can and do with no repercussions to their career or platforms on social media. If you make a statement about Jewish power in media as Rick Sanchez did on CNN, you are gone the next day. I am not blaming you for that but simply saying the ADL and SPLC are unforgiving masters, 1 strike and your out. Christians have no such power group that gets people fired for criticism or even acknowledging them and they are certainly now partnered with Silicon Valley to suppress any anti Christian views. Watch The Young Turks one day to see if Youtube will censor someone with Anti Christian views.

@Robert100, first off, let's once again discuss the balance of power in America. Comments which "punch up" at groups in power are generally seen as more acceptable than comments which "punch down" at groups notoriously subjugated and prejudiced against. This also applies to celebrations of this subjugated status, taking pride and trying to overcome a history of hatred. This is why you will have black-centric TV channels and magazines, but no white-only TV or magazines. This is why you have LGBT Pride events, but no straight pride events. This is why you have the Bechdel test or the term "fridging" when it comes to women's representation in media, but nothing to discuss the depiction of men in media. This is why it is generally frowned upon to make derogatory comments about Jewish people, but there is less outrage when criticizing Christianity. Cis straight white Christians, mostly males, are the ruling class in America and hold the overwhelming majority of power. This is why you can call someone "white trash" and no one bats an eye, but say the N word when you are not black and it is an issue - only one of these terms has the weight of a history of violence behind it. These groups have been enslaved, segregated, executed, and deprived of human rights, so there is more outrage when the people with the most power and protection in the country feed into the systematic prejudice against these subjugated groups.

@Robert100 now let's discuss your ask. You want me to identify a Christian group which openly declares that they "Hate all Non Christians in America" - does this imply that the Jewish groups you identify are openly hating on non-Jewish people? Are there groups you are calling out who openly hate all Christians?

The ADL is strictly against anti-Semitism and prejudice. They make no claim towards hate of any non-Jewish groups.

The SPLC is strictly a group which identifies rhetoric, positions, and actions which are deemed hateful and prejudiced. Do they label some Christian groups as hate groups? Sure. But they also classify "Black Separatists" as a hate category, and identify the New Black Panther Party as a hate group. They identify Jewish groups as hate groups as well, such as the Jewish Defense League and the Jewish Task Force. They are not openly hating on Christian groups. Here is a statement on their website: "A major misconception – one that is deliberately promoted by anti-LGBTQ hate groups in order to accuse the SPLC of being 'anti-Christian' – is that the SPLC considers opposition to same-sex marriage or the belief that being LGBTQ+ is a sin as the sole basis for the hate group label. This is false. There are many organizations, such as Focus on the Family, and hundreds of churches and other religious establishments that oppose marriage equality or oppose being LGBTQ+ on strictly Biblical grounds that the SPLC does not list as hate groups."

You are asking me to provide support for my position using criteria that you yourself are not providing. You are trying to judge my position in a way you are not willing to be judged.

"Being a majority means nothing if you have no power, money or organization." Are you honestly saying that there aren't powerful Christian groups out there with power, money, and organization? To say they do not exist is laughable.

@Robert100 finally, you want some examples? Here you go.

Rick Wiles of TruNews openly called the Trump impeachment a "Jew coup" planned by a "Jewish cabal." He and his network have been outspoken with anti-Jewish sentiment. Yet despite this, the White House awarded them formal press credentials to attend the World Economic Forum earlier this year.

Rep. Ilhan Omar has been widely accused of being anti-Semitic, and is an open supporter of the anti-Israel BDS movement. She hasn't been removed from office or subjected to any ethics investigations.

Speaking of elected representatives, you have Steve Scalise, who in 2002 attended a white supremacist convention founded by notorious KKK leader and Holocaust-denier David Duke. You have Matt Gaetz, who invited Holocaust-denier Chuck Johnson to be his guest to the State of the Union, and peddles conspiracy theories about George Soros (a popular conspiracy target for anti-Semites who like to claim he is the invisible hand who controls everything they disagree with) funding the "migrant caravan". You have Steve King, who is a proud white nationalist and anti-Semite, and has re-tweeted Neo-Nazis. You have Paul Gosar, who claimed the 2017 Charlottesville "unite the right" rally, in which Neo-Nazis marched and chanted "Jews will not replace us", was in fact funded by "the left" in an attempt to smear "the right". All of these representatives are still in office, and still hold power.

Speaking of Charlottesville, how about President Trump, probably the most powerful man in the world right now, claiming that Neo-Nazis were "very fine people"?

Leaked emails have shown Trump's senior adviser, Stephen Miller, to be a white nationalist and anti-Semite. He is still in his role, and has faced no repercussions. One of his former advisors, Steve Bannon, was also a noted white nationalist - he never faced issues due to this, and was only removed for unrelated reasons.

You don't think Christians hold all the power in this country?

A 2020 poll shows that half of Americans want the Bible to influence US law.

In America, it is "tradition" to swear oaths on the Bible. Many government officials will swear their oaths on the Bible. Recently, Arizona Senator Kyrsten Sinema decided to swear her oath of office on a US law book, not the Bible. You should have seen the hate she got for that, saying she should be disqualified and kicked out of office immediately. You also have the phrases "so help me god" or "under god" in many official oaths, such as to enter the military or apply for citizenship, and any attempts to remove them (because not everyone believes in a god) have been struck down by influential Christian lawmakers who want to force their god into official language and law.

Ever hear of Project Blitz? They have successfully pushed several laws pushing the US towards Christian Theocracy.

Notice how all of these "Religious Freedom" exemptions always seem to favor the popular Christian outrage of the time? Hobby Lobby, a prominent Christian company, was able to get exemptions and didn't have to provide contraceptives in its insurance policy. Do you see any non-Christian companies gaining exemptions to laws that go against their beliefs? You have all of these religious freedom criers shouting about discrimination when someone is criticized for denying service to homosexuals (let's not forget the Christian "hero" Kim Davis who defied the law trying to block marriage certificates to homosexuals in her county), but where are they when a Rastafarian wants to legally smoke pot or a Satanist wants equal accommodation in delivering an invocation before a council meeting?

Prior to 2007, the US Department of Veterans Affairs refused to approve several symbols for use on its headstones, despite many years of petitions and lawsuits. A group of Wiccans wanted their pentacle symbol to be used for heroes KIA who were Wiccan, and yet they were denied because they did not subscribe to the government's "approved" religions. It eventually led back to George W Bush, who was outspokenly biased against non-Christians, and previously spoke out against the rights of Wiccans in the military when he was the governor of Texas.

We still have laws in the books, though while unenforceable, that are still blatantly pro-Christian. These include several State Constitutions which state one must believe in god to hold public office, or laws dictating what consenting adults can do in the privacy of their own homes, banning sodomy - some including opposite-sex couples and married couples.

I grew up Jewish. A a child, if I wanted to take any of my holidays off of school, I required a permission slip and needed to make up the work / tests at a later date. Heck, some days there were tests you were not allowed to make up, so I had to choose between a failing grade or celebrating my holiday. All the Christian kids had their holidays off automatically, because they were federal holidays. We had an extra credit assignment once around Christmas, where we were given several pictograms and had to guess what Christmas songs they represented. As someone who didn't celebrate Christmas, I was unfamiliar with the songs, and was unable to achieve the extra credit because the Christians were favored and given special accommodation.

You have several months of Christmas celebration, every TV show gets a Christmas special where they learn the meaning of Christmas (even a show like Community had the Muslim, Jew, and Atheist celebrate Christmas), the two "Hanukkah" movies on Hallmark last year were about Jews learning to celebrate Christmas, and even with the "secular Christmas" these days it is still blatantly Christian - everything is still decorated with stockings and red & green colors and secular Santa and non-Christians are called scrooges if they don't have a favorite Christmas song or don't want to participate in the festivities.

Walking into my office building during the holiday season, I walk by 3 different Christmas trees to get to my desk. In December they have carolers walk around the building and sing Christmas songs, and I need to leave my desk and stop working if I don't want to be subjected to it.

And yet, you have people parroting false narratives about a "war on Christmas" because other viewpoints are asking for recognition or a dumb Starbucks coffee cup isn't "Christmasy" enough or a black person dressed up as Santa. Our President (again, one of the most powerful people on the planet) is one of these people, who likes to lie about Christian persecution to get his base riled up, and yet he faces no consequences. In fact, he is mostly in power because of the power of white evangelical Christians who support him without question.

Every president since Eisenhower has attended the National Prayer Breakfast, a prominent Christian event. It is the first time we have had a president and vice president attend anti-abortion rallies. We have presidents with primarily Christian "spiritual advisers" and deep ties with popular televangelists - when was the last time we had important non-Christian representation in the highest office?

Zionism is bad . Genetic make up is NOT Bad. It makes more suspicious when people get banned for simply stating that they are over represented in media and banking.

Zionists are a “Supremacist” idealogy.  They feel the end game is theirs

Labels are judgments. We must use discernment in life, however when we cross our own boundary into an area beyond our own authority, we are inherently infringing on others' rights. We are the first to recognize it when it happens to us, but also tend to overlook it when we ourselves judge.

The "woke" culture is based on judging others; crossing civil boundaries, with the socialist intent of destroying civil society as a way of discrediting whatever system opposes socialism, and promising it will be a civil society when socialism is established.

Anyone who can think understands both the destructiveness of socialism - for which socialists avoid responsibility, and which is necessary to them or we wouldn't accept it as a system, and that there is no guarantee of civil society when they win. History proves that endlessly.

Read your last two paragraphs. Word for word, it describes the radical left to the letter!
Being "woke" means you don't get your "news" from MSM, or your history lessons from politicians, and you know what "fractional reserve banking" means. Little starter kit for you

@BubbaLouie. Must be a Canada thing. Thanks.

The Antisemitic question will never stop until the Zionists simply ADMIT to the TRUTH. When you ban people (David Icke for example) from showing the truth it makes you look more “FISHY “!!!!

Just FESS UP

If we stick with facts and discuss facts, the concern with Anti-Semitism should be moot.
Fact: The Zionist state of Israel was NEVER promised to the Jewish people religiously speaking. The state of Israel is not to come until the Messiah appears and the temple is rebuilt. Zionism is a non-religious, modern era ideology at the root of middle eastern problems trying to manipulate biblical revelations in Jewish religious terms through land grabs and regional conflagration.
Fact: Israel has been taking more and more Palestinian occupied land and building illegal Jewish settlements since 1967. The brutal treatment of the Palestinians continues outside the eyes of western media which chooses to look the other way. This is causing hard feelings among both the world's Muslims and Christians who see this as breaking international laws.
Fact: Jews are only 2% yet they are over-represented in many areas of opportunity such as banking/finance, entertainment/movies/music, ivy league school enrollment, University faculty heads, law and publishing to state a few. This inevitably leads others to wonder WTH is going on. I do not believe that Caspian Jews are predisposed to higher intelligence than others.
Fact: Some of the world's wealthiest banking dynasties are Jews, proudly written about in the Jewish encyclopedia. The creation of a fractional reserve loan system allowed to print a nation's money was a Rothschild invention, that put a small group of families in charge of the wealth of Europe. You can see how this caused people to raise the Jewish question.
Hating someone because they are a certain religion, color, etc., is low vibration. Discussing facts may allow for answers, and the "coincidence" argument can be challenged

Sounds like you have been drinking the Kool-Aid. You may not be getting your information from MSM, but wherever it is coming from, its garbage.

Having a dislike or hatred for any person or persons just because they are part of a certain group and not because of what that person as an individual did to you personally or because of what they (or their sacred writings) say they plan to do to you is an irrational bias. It's evil.

Thinking a Jew or all Jews are tainted because you believe they run the world's monetary system or Hollywood or whatever it may be is ridiculous and idiotic and yes, ANTISEMITIC. And it isn't any more okay than thinking all blacks are inferior because of the color of their skin or you name it.

Now you might say "then why is it okay to have negative feelings and/or words against Muslims?" It isn't. Not against the individual as a person. But knowing what their sacred writings (the Quran and the Hadith) call for from all Muslims, that should make all non-Muslims very concerned and distrustful of those who claim Islam as their own. But that isn't popular to say. That isn't politically correct. Not anymore than speaking negative of blacks or gays.

Muslims, blacks, and the LGBTQ are all protected groups. You can't speak ill of them. But apparently it's fine to speak ill of Jews (and Christians because they believe in Jesus, who was Jewish).

So what I'm saying is that, though the 1st Ammendment guarantees the freedom of speech, good and reasonable people should be able to treat all others how they themselves would like to be treated, and that includes what we say about others. That changes when a specific person or persons have personally injured you or those you care for. In that case, we should speak specifically against the individual(s) and their personal actions.

A Jew can't help that he/she was born a Jew any more than a black person can help that they were born black or a white person being born white or a redhead born with red hair. We all have to make the best of what we were born as. And no one should have to be ashamed or ill treated because of it.

Anyone who can't follow the golden rule should be shamed and embarrassed and certainly not encouraged. People unwilling to take a stand against a bully are little more than enablers of bullies. And we should all realize how much we hate to be bullied ourselves and determine we won't turn a blind eye and put up with it toward others.

Clarken Level 7 May 18, 2020

I never joined Facebook , Twitter, or any oft he other on line groups because of the censorship on those sights!!!!
I do not agree with everyone or every opinion, but I am able to make choices for myself!!!!
I am a big boy and can handle bullies and idiots without protection from some administrator!!!!!
If we start stopping people from expressing themselves, I will have to find a new place to discuss my interest and opinions!!!
It has been a good ride so far, let's not ruin it!!!!

Serg97 Level 8 May 31, 2020

The way the pol is setup eliminates to what degree a growing fear of antisemitism is related to the type of article being referenced. The two may be only loosely linked. There are so many anti Jewish forces at work it would be hard to weigh them. Certainly in Europe Jews are fleeing areas with growing Muslim populations. In my own city Jewish people have been murdered on at least two occasions in the last couple decades by right wing extremists. Does the article in question create more right wing extremists? Does Muslim religious texts? I doubt it but who knows.

To be different and successful is probably more dangerous than being different and poor. At least to some extent if terrorism is what you worry about. In Asian countries there is a long history of Chinese merchants being persecute similarly to the Jews in the West. I have no doubt that one reason Israel is hated so much is that it undermines the multi cultural narrative of the lunatic wing of the social justice movement. Israel's success points to the failure of the surround cultures. Perhaps that is the real reason Jews are so hated. The natural tendency for people to find someone to blame for their own inadequacies.

In fairness I find the Jewish religion to be inherently ethnocentric. I see similarities between it and many tribal religions that refer to themselves as "the people". This sets it apart from the other Abrahamic religions which tend to be more ethnically diverse. Again this is going to be a big problem for anyone who believes in multi culturalism or are themselves ethnocentric. You end up with the the social justice movement that is heavily influenced by Marxism and the far right both hating Jews. Marx himself was anti Jewish ironically enough.

I can find many ethnic traits to be critical of in Jews just as I can for any ethnicity. If you are in some sort of cognitive dissonance or denial of the role that genetics and culture plays in human affairs you probably think it is racist to even consider such things. I'm not totally unsympathetic to such a feelings. Stupid or emotionally weak people will be influenced by and focus on negative characteristics and or feel threatened by the idea that all peoples are different and that those differences are a matter of significant interest. The thing is that as Jordan Peterson points out human dignity and value must be independent of not only superficial characteristics but everything but character.

wolfhnd Level 8 May 19, 2020

"The belief or behavior hostile toward Jews just because they are Jewish. It may take the form of religious teachings that proclaim the inferiority of Jews, for instance, or political efforts to isolate, oppress, or otherwise injure them. It may also include prejudiced or stereotyped views about Jews."-ADL - I would add "negative" before stereotyped since positive stereotypes, although wrong, are not anti.

I don't see anti-jewish sentiment in the linked post. The Jewish nature of Hollywood is indeed an interesting phenomenon.

I don't think anti-jewish incidents is a worthwhile indicator. Instead look to "hate" crime statistics (not to be confused with love crimes). They are officially kept, and reported. We are up from a low in 2014 but on par with the early 2000s.

According to Wikipedia, there are more Jews in Israel than in the US. Clearly, we can do better.

Jewish practices discourage intermarriage with other ethnicities. It is a slight barrier to integration into the larger community. The perception of the lack of integration real or imagined probably plays a role in anti Jewish sentiment.

Poor education, lack of skills, and ethnic chauvinism played a role in the difficulties the Irish had in integrating into American society. They were generally despised by the general population.

"The refugees seeking haven in America were poor and disease-ridden. They threatened to take jobs away from Americans and strain welfare budgets. They practiced an alien religion and pledged allegiance to a foreign leader. They were bringing with them crime. They were accused of being rapists. And, worst of all, these undesirables were Irish."

[history.com]

Blacks, Jews, Italians, and Irish all have unflattering ethnic epithets that most people know even if they are no longer used. Three of them are associated with "alien" religions. All resisted assimilation into the dominant WASP culture. It doesn't matter if that integration was a real possibility of not.

You don't have to be very different to be despised as many liberals have discovered when trying to deal with modern progressives. The religious wars of Europe and sectarian violence in the Middle East testify to just how small differences between people can lead to extreme prejudice.

The current approach to dealing with prejudice is to use the reverse of traditional propaganda considering ethnicity. Ethnic differences of all types are now to be celebrated. It is actually as stupid as the original prejudicial propaganda. All ethnicities have good and bad characteristics. I don't think the current strategy is actually working. I could be wrong but typically white lies don't have lasting positive effects. Some people may hold to the folk wisdom that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I can only say that the later is a better strategy than the former. Constructive critique of ethnic failings would be nice but it always seems to get out of control.

wolfhnd Level 8 May 18, 2020

Jews have taken advantage of the holocaust (and probably inflated the numbers) for their own advantage (I’m talking Zionists Jews). Check George Soros and how he took advantage of Holocaust

It is basic human nature to seek what is different about people than what we have in common, as it is also human nature to attack that which we fear or do not understand.
For every wealthy Jew there are many poor ones, for every black criminal person there are many honest black people, for every intelligent white person there is an overwhelming number of stupid ones.
To attack an entire class, race or group of people based on that groups color, religion, sex or sexuality is to display a form of discrimination.
Any sensible person knows that in all walks of life there are good and bad, when calling out the bad target the bad person not the entire group, if you can only attack the group then my friend like it or not you are showing a form of prejudice and prejudice is a very clear sign of ignorance and stupidity both of which are not good character traits.

I’m in agreement with “EnlightenedOne” below ... not that I consider myself “enlightened” especially.
Where in many situations I can see where radical “Anti ...” thought (aka Bigotry) could be actually a problem as in, being used to whip up resentment and physical reaction, in a forum such as this, there should be no need to censor it out ...

On the other hand, there are many different types of people who deliberately put themselves outside the “Social Norm” ... for many different reasons ... Faith, Religion, Social Preference, Thought Processes to mention a few. If these people put themselves “outside” and make it obvious it should come as no surprise when the ever present nascent “mob” is looking for a “Point of Contention” that they should be targeted.

While total integration is “safer”, being, and daring to be “different” ... in ANY way ... is a Personal Choice and Personally fulfilling.
Like anything, there is a “Price” to be paid for being “different” (I have paid this price several times in several different ways as I am “different” in several different ways) If you CHOOSE to be “different” you should be careful about complaining that “not different” people notice.

Religion and Faith ARE a Choice and DO make you “different” ... Just ask ... or observe ... Catholics, Protestants, Born Again Christians, Mormons, Mennonites, Quakers ... and yes Jews (aka. Semites)

My son and daughter-in-law are Jewish. Here in Colorado there's not much overt anti-Semitism. There's a concern about it, but they blame it on Trump.

Yes, you don't have to be very different to be despised, creative, individualist, anything almost from the crowd will mark you. So why spend so much time chasing dragons that that in reality are only windmills. Tolerance, inclusion, multi this and that? All to no avail except human kinds only bankable exponent. War.

We fail to demarcate between German Yiddish-speaking Jews [non-Semitic] and Hebrew-speaking Jews [Semitic].

Zteph Level 7 May 18, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 119

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top