slug.com slug.com
31 25

Would moving state borders reduce the chance of civil war?

As you know, the US is more politically polarized than ever both as shown by the US map image below. The red/blue shows the net change in voters by county... basically suggesting that states are becoming physically polarized. As such, counties often have more in common with neighboring state's policies than their own. This has lead to a renewed interest in changing state borders to allow counties that feel disenfranchised to join adjacent states. One example are counties in Eastern Oregon and Northern California who are more aligned with the politics of Idaho. A group called Greater Idaho is trying move Idaho's border and has succeeded to get on some local ballots.

Independent of the federal and policy implications, is it better for states to keep polarization local (as is) or to have consolidated counties that create neighboring states with vastly different political views? What could go wrong?

Note: I am considering to help fund the Greater Idaho project and posting this in part to get your advice. Thanks.

Admin 8 Nov 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What do you do with states that are having mass exodus? I know here that can't build housing fast enough as we are having a huge influx of people from other states. Mostly northern states it seems. How is this going to effect all these states? This may also be an indicator of what you are talking about, but rather than wait for lines to be redrawn they are simply relocating?

relocating to bring their idiotic ideologies to the new territory?

@jpnese Well thats certainly a thought that has been talked about to.

California => TX/TN is a good example of exodus but it does require people to physically move. Rural people are more connected to their land than condo dwellers.

If you want to separate the Red and Blue then you'd need to make capital cities states then, most are voting Blue even if the rest of the state is Red.

Why not lgbtqxyz states and normie states. Lets be honest and admit that is what it really comes down too. Maybe race states too, but race is mostly a ruse for lgbtqxyz trying to make us think they are like blacks in the 60s' and blacks do not like that scam.

Seriously? ha ha Alright. Fag here. Don't agree, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it. Hell, I can give you my fag pass so you can use more colorful language in there 😉 😛

for the transies open more Psychiatric centers along with drug rehab centers

#FederalismOrSecession

I need a reference for the data in the maps. Vote by county and how the intensity scale for increasing Blue vs Red is calculated

I grew up in rural/northern NY. No longer live there. Am interest in Mr. Moran's analysis and source data.

I don't think so. The polarization is institutional and cultural, so I don't think boundaries really matter too much

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 155

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #culture #evidence #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top