slug.com slug.com
32 17

Is the censoring of conservative news on Twitter a form of domestic terrorism?

Twitter is by far the largest influencer network with 100 times more activity than than competing services like Parler.com. In today's hearing, Sen. Ted Cruz discussed Twitter's banning of the New York Post's account and all links to their website over their reporting of Hunter Biden's email... but they allowed for the dissemination of Trump's hacked tax returns. Video at: [video.foxnews.com]

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act expanded the definition of terrorism to cover ""domestic,"" as opposed to international, terrorism. A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: 1. intimidate or coerce a civilian population; 2. influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or 3. to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping.

Of course this is hyperbole but at what point is the threat of being banned from a large platform over political positions a form of intimidation or coercion of a civilian population? Is being banned a modern form of assassination? At what point is a private company so large a platform to be considered a common carrier and subject to government oversight?

Admin 8 Oct 28
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Look at a Twitter heat map - centered on less than 10 cities. Now also consider that Twitter has less than 40 million regular users. Now consider what the documentaries like the “Social Dilemma” are doing.

Sadly, Twitter does drive the current new cycle. This is another symptom of that same heat map, but decades old. Americans are waking up and learning. I won’t say Twitter and other social media platforms are a “fad” but I think you’ll see their users evolve. What these companies and individuals fail to grasp: normal, every day Americans made these platforms. And we don’t like being manipulated. You’ll see these platforms evolve to be more transparent - and civil - as we learn and they evolve. Or they’ll die.

Ways to zap twitter and other big tech corporations:

Common carrier law. There is a difference between a monopoly denying
service vs. a non-monopoly denying service.

Twitter's activity is equivalent to a political contribution.

Publisher laws. Twitter poses as a conductor but it is a publisher.

Sportsmanship. If you talk trash but don't show up for the game then your trash license
ends. If Twitter fails to conduct opposing voices in a sportsmanlike manner, levy the
charge of unsportsmanlike conduct.

Devil's advocate. Your argument is only as strong as the strongest devil's argument that
you have defeated in fair battle. If you dodge Devil's advocates then your trash license ends.

Raise a fuss everytime big tech censors, enough fuss to pose deterrent.
Outrage is a double edged sword. Democrats think they own outrage. No.

Examine how Twitter gained monopoly status.

I was thinking a bit more Rasputin.🤔

😂Twitter, Facebook, and social media 2020 summed up nicely in this epic rap battle:

Are you insinuating that Dorsey is a terrorist by posting these photos, not to mention by choosing this particular photo of him with a long beard beside Osasma bin Laden's photo? Lol
I never understand the significance of twitter. If I don't like what Dorsey does, i.e., censoring, banning, etc., I will stop using twitter and use another service.

Naomi Level 8 Oct 28, 2020

What other influence network has more than 5% as many active members as Twitter? That photo was taken from his hearing today. I have to admit that his beard did activate connections that led to this question. Here's some other similar beards...

@Admin It's a bit like saying that we're against child labour in India yet we continue to buy products from a company which allows child labour because we can buy those products cheap and the company is very popular. Ah well, that's our weakness, I guess.
Funny photos. Lol

Jack gets a pass due to insanity. The man needs help. Twitter as an organization is a different question. Terrorist organization isn't going to sell to the public but evil corporation will. What is needed is to force conservative "fact checkers" on them. That would be some good times watching the war of the fact checkers.

wolfhnd Level 8 Oct 28, 2020

ah... alternative facts 🙂

@Admin

Well I have said I don't believe in truth and I'm skeptical of facts. The truth is 🙂 is all facts are approximations of the thing itself. Then of course there is the problem of relativity. Everything is relative to everything else. We choose the resolution and scope.

One of the reasons we can no longer communicate is that truths are seen as more real than facts. It's not surprising since truth is a historically related to theism philosophically. Once you go down the truth path facts no longer matter.

PR is terrorism.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 99

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top