slug.com slug.com
19 15

Are Netflix and Amazon approaching Nazi-level propaganda?

In the 1930s, Hitler used the newly popular, and tightly regulated, radio to carefully control a narrative that the Versailles treaty that ended WW1 was oppressive, unfair, and rigged, that German culture is ideal, and that Jews were deplorable. The Nazis also blocked content from other political parties and used the radio's mass market appeal to fuel outrage. Note: fill free to replace Nazi with Stalinist, Maoist, or any other totalitarian regime.

A few concerning parallels have emerged this political season on Netflix and Amazon. This summer, Netflix flooded its home page with Black-centric films that dramatized a narrative that Black people are treated unfairly by Whites and by the "system". Netflix is now promoting "The Trial of the Chicago 7" that dramatizes a narrative that liberals are treated unfairly by Whites, the legal system, and (White) police. With just weeks away from the election, Amazon's homepage today is heavily promoting "Borat 2" which preys on Conservatives' "niceness" to trick them into compromising situations that promote a narrative that Conservatives and their way-of-life are deplorable. Targets of the film include pro-lifers, Mike Pence, and Rudy Giuliani.

These streaming services also try to block films that push back on these narratives. For example, Netflix refused to list "No Save Spaces" that highlights the war against free speech on colleges (note: we were a large funder of this film). Amazon refused to show “What Killed Michael Brown?", a documentary that shows that Michael Brown is not a noble martyr that BLM used to fuel hatred of police. However, they recently were forced to change their mind... less than two weeks before the election.

Netflix's 73 million US subscribers and Amazon Prime's 50% of the US market present these companies with the power to influence elections. They are also near monopolies with their content libraries and control of programming discovery process. We have long seen Liberal bias in social media and Google search, are Netflix and Amazon in the same league?

Amazon and Netflix are...

• 30 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 7 votes
Admin 8 Oct 24

This post is no longer active.

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s a mistake to assume this is a simple left/right conflict. The modern era has been swept aside and is being replaced by an anti-realist, post-modern, post-structural order.

The new era is nothing like what happened almost a century ago when strong, central governments seized power and ruled with an iron fist, propped up by appeals to patriotism, order, strong institutions and the dominant national culture.

Today, it’s the opposite, with invisible actors, fanning out from academia, and embedding themselves in the institutions they are now busily deconstructing. The message certainly sounds leftist, always based on victimhood, inequity, and the evils of wealth; but make no mistake. Our new world is based on decentralization and the fragmentation of everything from the nuclear family to the idea of borders and national identity. A group’s subjective “reality” is just one of many “realities”. The concepts of reason and truth are now based on point of view, rendering them meaningless. This makes conversation and negotiation impossible.

So expect popular culture to be full of tales of unfairness, us-against-the-system, evil governments, dangerous billionaires, injustice, and democracy as an illusion. Also expect that content which doesn’t fit this mould will be suppressed.

The right is just as susceptible to this propaganda as the left, and people on both sides feel more victimized than ever. And that’s the goal: fostering disempowerment, outrage, anger and chaos. The more disorder, the better.

In 2020, no government, institution, or corporation is willing to stand up to this asymmetrical assault from these decentralized, leaderless movements. Like the skinny, underfed communist guerrillas who took on the US in Vietnam, the post-modern, post-structuralist anti-realists are winning.

GeeMac Level 8 Oct 24, 2020

Well said! 👏👏

Can you elaborate on some places where conservatives "reality" is far from absolute reality? Global warming? Perhaps "If an underperforming person would just work harder, they could succeed"?

@Admin post-modernism has trained both left and right to become skeptics then cynics on science (and the world in general). While the right might reject empirical evidence on on climate and Covid, the left rejects science on things like GMOs or data on the failure of recycling and other environmental policies. The left also rejects verifiable data on falsehoods around race, crime and rape culture, vilifying pragmatic thinkers like Steven Pinker and Jordan Peterson. The far right meantime rejects the documented historical fact of the holocaust, and embraces unhinged conspiracy theories about everything from Jews to aliens.

The left and the right mistakenly see each other as the enemy, and remain completely ignorant of how they are both being manipulated by forces driving the new era. The remaking of the world which started around 1960 can only be compared to the upheaval after the fall of Rome ended the ancient world, or the transition from medieval times to the modern era around the 16th century.

@GeeMac I've not met anyone who has denied the Holocaust or think Jews are aliens. I've met a few who believe, probably justifiably, that Jewish people have an oversized influence in society. I think that there are probably 50x more conservatives who are skeptical on man-made global warming than Holocaust denial.

How far do you think the pendulum that starting swinging in 1960 will go before there is a correction? I think people have seen a taste of what is coming this Summer with the BLM protests/etc. If Biden wins with the Senate, the grievance wish list may start waking people up.

@Admin I don’t think a correction is possible, anymore than medieval feudal barons could have corrected for massive change triggered by Columbus and the new world, the Tudor dynasty, and the Renaissance.

We are moving into a new era, with new rules and a new thinking. Just as the Middle Ages very wisely began to discard feudalism, superstition and brutal authoritarian rule, we are very foolishly discarding individualism, democracy, and science.

There is no going back, although fierce resistance to the upheaval will continue, if we follow historic patterns, for the next century or so. So expect more instability, not less. At this point the left and right are
both as powerless as everyone else to stop the decline of modernism and the death of Enlightenment values.

Brace yourself, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

@TheMiddleWay Binary thinking — left vs right, rich vs. poor, black vs white, east vs west — is not only dangerous, it’s a smokescreen. I wish we could move the conversation beyond ‘us-against-them’ and take a wider view of what’s really driving the chaos.

This has been the topic of discussion on a few sites. Some media types have said the results of an election can most definitely be influenced by our modern propagandists, claiming a swing of 20% is not out of reach. But as with any propaganda, the target audience doesn’t know the extent their opinions are being shaped...

I understand there was a federal law that was repealed in the early 90s that had required news to be impartial. With the internet in it’s infancy I don’t know if the lawmakers had understood the long term effects.

@TheMiddleWay The equal time rule is something completely different

@TheMiddleWay but that is not what I was writing about. I was referring to the fairness doctrine.

From wiki -

The fairness doctrine is not the same as the equal-time rule. The fairness doctrine deals with discussion of controversial issues, while the equal-time rule deals only with political candidates.

@TheMiddleWay I hate to think of the federal agencies, unfettered, in charge of anything - kinda like the FBI.

This.

“..there is a golden opportunity, an untapped niche, for a new network to run conservative content and be successful!”

Netflix is a $215B company and Amazon is off the chart at 1.6 TRILLION. These two companies, along with Google, have economies of scale and market domination that a new conservative media company would need billions in startup investment to compete. Gab, Minds, Parler, etc have a fraction of a percent of traffic as the large oligopolies ALSO have expensive mainstream content that people want. The giants are no longer simply private companies but have become platforms similar to the telephone system or utilities. By them censoring content for political purposes, they have become propagandists. This must stop immediately for democracy to survive.

@Admin very good points, and I’m inclined to agree with you. They’ve crossed the line and it’s obviously bullshit, but in terms of principles, I’m also for conservatives putting their money where their mouths are. I’ve asked the same question (as have many) on Gab: “where are those deep-pocketed conservatives, and even just people who disagree with censorship or want to have a more free exchange of ideas (of which I’m sure there are many centrists and even..a couple, maybe..leftists)?”

Also, people who don’t agree with the left’s bullshit have to walk away, as much as that’s possible, like they have with the NBA, the NFL, ESPN, and many other businesses. If it’s leisure or otherwise unnecessary for someone to give time or money to an organization, they need to walk the fuck away.

It would have to be an equivalent to AM radio in the 80s but yes. Absolutely yes.

@tonkotsu I'm a deep pocketed classical liberal who realized that a conservative backbone gives society its strength to be liberal... but I've been unable to move the needle. I started [locals.com] with Dave Rubin and it's growing, but not yet big enough to compete.

@Admin I sincerely thank you! Mike Glover from Fieldcraft Survival has talked your organization up quite a bit, and it looks like he’s got a good thing going with American Contingency.

@tonkotsu Yeah, Mike is really crushing it. His "be prepared" and be self-reliant message is especially timely.

Oh dear, now that Trump your rapey racist President has lost it must be time to find a conspiracy theory to explain it. Couple of things immediately way wrong with your hypothesis 1. The Versailles treaty was grossly unfair, humiliating and draconian and has been widely and objectively determined by historians to have created the conditions that led to the rise pf Nazism. Control of the media came after the Nazis siezed power, the British media also at tje same time was pro nazi as was the British Royal Family. The Versaille treaty was effectively one branch of the German aristocracy (the English cousins) fucling over and humiliating the German cousins after the pointless slaughter of WW1. The Russian cousins jad thanfully been dispatched by the Bolsheviks. 2. the enslavement transportation and human exploitation pf millions of black Africans and its legacy through racism discrimination and exploitation through to today could hardly be described as fair. The trial of Bobby Seale and the Chicago 7 as portrayed is based entirely on the recorded transcripts of the court, that part is 100% accurate, though Bobby Seale was actually bound and gagged for a week in the actual trial for which he should never have been there.
Not a bad film and the white liberals did come across as assholes though their cause of opposing the draft and the Vietnam War was right.

N0DD Level 7 Oct 25, 2020

You present a believable link of Liberals to Nazis.

Just proving that history is a matter of perspective from which side you are on.

This message has been approved by Karl Marx and his brothers.

@WayneHawthorne i don't believe you.

@TimTuolomne no historians job is to uncover the facts of history, and sure to offer different perspectives to elucidate those facts and interpret the evidence such as it is. History is not a matter of opinion its a matter of record dependamt on the manner of recording and by whom. For example nobody would take Churchills "History" of WWII as accurate, ots a polemical aggrandising tome beloved of the likes of Thatcher and Johnson but essentially just a load of jingoistic propaganda.

@N0DD a load of jingoistic propaganda?

The brainwashed leftists who delight in deconstructing and demolishing Churchill’s superhuman feat, or lose sleep because Thatcher hurt some feelings, ought to focus on Stalin and Mao, whose legacy is the murder of 100-million people in the 20th century.

You will never hear a glassy-eyed woke-prog elucidate that legacy.

I was repeatedly blocked and posts removed from Facebook for merely rebutting falsehoods about the President. That seems to rival NAZI Germany and the Stalinist Soviet Union.

Welcome to the club. I was deleted last year. And from YT early this year. But try misspelling the "offensive" words, like turn it to h1tLer, n.a.z.1, etc.

I was blocked from sharing this story on Facebook, regarding the questionable reputation of Dr. Fauci just this week. I have been banned for 3 days just for posting this supportive statement as my FB status (they said it went against their community standards 🤣) ❤❤❤❤TRUMP❤❤❤❤2020.

@farmerguy56, CNN, MSM, the New York Times, the Washington Post and almost all of the rest of the general media are bought and paid-for propaganda outlets, owned by a syndicate controlled by Schwab, Soros, and the vast resources of hundreds of Leftist millionaires - closet Marxists enjoying the fruits of Capitalism, willing to throw everyone else under the bus to be the new powerful Apparatchiks of the new Amerika. Hypocrites.

Live by sword, die by sword.
Big techs are doomed, and their days are numbered.

Napster
Altavista
AOL
Netscape
Sinclair
Palm
BlackBerry
Blockbuster

All dead and gone!

Lt-JW Level 8 Oct 24, 2020

What will replace them?

@Admin

It's everyone's guesses. Could you in your wildest imagination predict the events of 2020, back in 2019?

What about the right wing that dominates talk radio and evening TV news?

Right wing news is basically Fox. There are not a shortage of news outlets as the start up costs are low. However streaming on large platforms are subject to their review and censor.

@Admin Thinking more about networks like Sinclair and iHeartMedia.

@WilyRickWiles [en.wikipedia.org] seems like they own lots of properties. Again, I've not made claims that news media have controlling power as much as social media, search, content companies. However, a case could be made that Wapo/NYT/CNN/etc, by shifting left, have the ability to influence centrists who didn't realized they shifted.

Any conflicts of interests you might want to disclose?

@TheMiddleWay @WilyRickWiles I just read "Atlas Shrugged" this month... an ideal society should have some form of Objectivism ( "the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute" ) in its mix. I am the inventor of the online shopping cart, web banner ad networks, and built the first social networking site which has registered over 600m members since it started. I wrote this site, in part, to better understand issues and to guide my charitable work. In addition to donating to environmental causes, I now try to fund causes that promote truth over false dogma regardless of politics.

You ought to see the photo of the "censors" at Facebook. At least in the one I saw, every one of them was wearing a Turbin. So either Muslim or Hindu judging American values. No conflict there, right?

I hear they hired mainland Chinese to do the censoring as well, all under the excuse of inclusivity.

@eschatologyguy they have eight or nine Chinese PhD CCP members here in Seattle

@Xtra. Didn't know that. Kinda fits that area though, doesn't it?

Immoral is not the same as unfair.

Criminal is not the same as unfair.

Fraud is not the same as unfair.

Treason is not the same as unfair.

When are people going to call a spade a spade?

Be careful, "Call a spade a spade" is now racist 😉 [npr.org]

@Admin

A racist mind thinks that their way of seeing things is "better" than someone else's, and then an attempt is made to force that "better" view upon their target.

I'm one of those people who believes in The Golden Rule in the context in which it is reported when it was reported, recorded, publicized, as Mathew 7:12.

The Golden Rule is the law. It is a "better" view for those who try it on themselves, and those who try it on other people.

A case in point:

Person A: Call a spade a spade (intending to mean: call it what it is, be truthful, rather than labeling something with a false or misleading word)

Person B: That is racist.

Person A: Is that intended by you to inspire me to do the same back to you? If so, then I will not join your cult, rather, I will do to you something good (peaceful, truthful, accurate, and with the intent to inspire the same done back to me), and let's see how this Golden Rule stuff works in the real world. Someone seeking racism, to be their world according to their world view, can inspire other people to be racist too, but that may not be easy when dealing with people who prefer to know the facts that matter in time and place each time someone chooses to step outside the law, to perpetrate fraud, to incite violence, or lesser, or greater, criminal acts. The video offered, and the statement offered, are either useful for their content, or not, and if not, then the consumer can choose a path that avoids further contact with "worse" things, and the consumer can choose a path that takes them in contact with "better" things as they see fit, so long as no one steps outside the law along the way. If someone steps outside the law along the way, someone is then duty bound to help defend further harm done to innocent people, so as to inspire at least two things:

1. More and more (exponentially growing) people are inspired to help other people defend the innocent from the guilty

2. Less and less (exponentially growing smaller in numbers of) people are inspired to step outside the law, deter such things before they happen, and help people make better choices.

If someone claims that I, or the people broadcasting the comedy on Saturday Night Live, or rebroadcasting the skit, are stepping outside the law, then what would a duty bound individual be inspired to do if that was their opinion as to what happened at that crime scene that they witnessed personally?

There is no law in America, hasn't been since 1789, so there either is no crime, and no cause to have law in America, or the criminals took over and anyone can do anything to anyone else, because now Might Makes Right, so the only rule is Do unto others before they have a chance to do to you, and you can do things to others that you would defend against them doing to you: RULE BY CRIMINAL MEANS.

If that does not help, I can discuss further, and if someone innocent is injured by my words, and they can prove it beyond doubt to me, or better yet to 12 randomly selected judges on a jury, then I will be more than willing to adjust my behavior to avoid further steps I take outside the law.

Considering the choices, it's tough for me to tell anymore. I do believe that, for the most part, Netflix operates under a search suggestion program based on your previous choices. However, they do have the yearly cycles of holiday special section like Holoween and Christmas suggestions.

Because of the sheer world wide scale of the BLM protests, I would imagine the majority of companies jumping at the chance to support them, had a mix of virtue signalling for monetary gain and securing their fan base type thinking. It's also how I view the majority of the celebrities and news personalities as well. Both in regards to promoting BLM, as well as the ones heavily criticizing the movement. As long as the momentum keeps airing on the side of approval, I expect the promotions will continue. That is, until they start seeing more of their customers leave. (Kinda like what's happening in sports)

Netflix will most likely survive regardless of their political affiliation. However, it would have to at least occur to them that months of this endless stream of "BLM propaganda" and "anti conservative" selections have the potential to influence the way people vote. I just think by now it's really obvious to the majority of people, both on the right and the left, and I don't think it holds much sway.

There's definitely something up with Facebook and Twitter, though. They have so much power they can afford to kick anyone and any group they want off their sites without batting an eye. Now, apparently, they can even choose what reputable news organizations are allowed on. Kayleigh McEnany as well as Bret Weinstein even got a temporary boot. (Isn't Bret progressive still?) Their trending rarely is accurate and conservatives are unicorns. (Although, I learned those who identify as unicorns are actually called Otherkin. So, now I'm not sure if it's breaking PC code to place the stigma of group ostracism by comparing unicorns to such rarities.)

Ironically, it's the Capitalist profit-motivation of streaming platforms that both take advantage of trendy topics such as Progressivism that may be the undoing of Capitalism.

@Admin I know right?! Lol it really is ironic.

Starve Hollywood and their spinoffs. Spend your $$$ dining out instead

Absolutely. Do anything other than spend your time or your money on these people.
Just walk away.

Being that I am not a customer of either Amazon or Netflix, I could not say for certain what they are up to in regards to promoting known leftwing propaganda, aside from that I would not in the least be surprised if they are engaged in such. By the way, such propaganda goes way beyond being anything truly liberal, the race-baiting rhetoric is a manifestation of the far-left politically correct progressive movement, that of who absolutely disdain individualism regardless of them pretending to care about the individual liberties of perceived minorities.

They're just doing what they think will sell while at the same time keep their butts out of PR hell. I hope most viewers are smart enough to see what's up.

I don't know because I refuse to pay for TV, and I'm not American.
I also look to all sides of the debate for information on issues and try to avoid unsubstantiated claims or conspiracies as sources for information.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

To be honest, yes there's propaganda and it's expected nowadays. But there's so much other good stuff on Netflix on Amazon to watch. Its your own choice, if you want to not watch or support things because you don't like it, it's up to you.

Unfairly, but not illegally.

Netflix also has a series called, "I'm not your Negro." "Black AF" "When They See Us" and "Dear White People" among others. These shows were scripted to incite feelings of anger. I feel like these shows and the BLM movement are coordinated. The events of this summer was clearly set up.

But, American feelings towards Muslims have been entirely shaped by biased TV news coverage and movies depicting Arabs in a negative light. It just makes it easier to wage 20 years of war on a group of people who are no threat to us. (9/11 could not happen without a lot of US government insider support).

Anyways, we have a Techno-Fascist State. The technology companies that can give the US Government the totalitarian control over its people have become partners with the USG. This plandemic is simply part of the plan to let Tech companies, big banks, and the USG to exert complete control over its populace.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 111

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top