slug.com slug.com
29 14

Should billionaires give everyone $8200 cash?

The US has about 630 billionaires with a combined wealth around 3.3 TRILLION. What if AOC and the far Left got their of wiping out billionaires with caps on wealth at $999,999,999. The remaining $2.7 trillion then gets divided among all 330 million Americans so that each get $8200. Would this make progressives happy? How long would the spending bump last? Would a buying spree simply lead to increase prices and more CO2 emissions and people buy more stuff? With more CO2 and global warming, maybe AOC wouldn't be happy?

Admin 8 Oct 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

God doesn't like people hoarding riches, more so if it comes down to 'stealing' his blessings for all. He approves of dividing property among people, so that every family becomes well to do middle class (the economic principle here is called 'distributism'😉. In the current situation in which automation and robotization is increasingly prevalent, ideas like universal basic income and distribution of work so that every person has an occupation, makes sense, because the income is generated by robots and the only real problem is that people need to feel useful. Concentration of over the top wealth by a few persons seems untenable because it seems to prevent an honest economic system that caters to all the people.

I like your depth on future economics. Are you Christian? I’m Nordic Pagan, but I like you.

@Saltzy read the parable of Rich Fool in Luk2 12:16-21. He had a huge harvest, which is Gods blessing for all. He should have brought it to the markets and sell it cheap, then he would have passed Gods blessings to all. In stead he decided to hoard the harvest in a new barn, for speculative reasons, this is a form of stealing Gods blessings from all who should have profited. Then God cursed this fool.

@Saltzy nowhere, nowhere does the Bible teach that the rich should be tax exempt, also the Bible teaches an arrangement to redress accumulation of possessions every fifty years. Leviticus 25:10-17. I regard the laws concerning the future Israël in the books of Moses as a utopian description of an ideal country. A country without nobility or kings, just middle class.

I forget where I heard it, but it was suggested that if all the wealth in the US were evenly distributed amongst its citizens every ten years, the wealthiest Americans would have all their money back by the end of the first year.

I hope she does it tho. $8200 is not a huge amount. It'll be spent and right back in the billionaires' pockets in six months.

Energy is wealth. The plot shows that GDP/capita is tightly correlated with power/capita.

Energy begets wealth via:

Energy -> Primary materials -> Manufactured goods -> Exports

To create wealth, maximize energy production and make it as cheap as possible.

Since energy is a public natural resource it's reasonable to regulate it. Ensure that the wealth gained from
it goes to the workers. Most countries fail in this regard.

www.jaymaron.com/wealth.html
www.jaymaron.com/earth.html

Plot #2 shows the energy of primary materials.

It should be possible to create a setting where the wealthy will want to donate.

The average price of political office, in millions of dollars, is:

U.S. President 1200
U.S. Senate 25
U.S. House 2
State Governor 10
State Senate .2
State House .08

Money spent on campaign ads goes to media executives. Why not find a better destination for the money?

Herb Kohl is a Wisconsin businessman who donates heavily to the University of Wisconsin, and he was rewarded with a senate seat. He accepted no campaign contributions. "I'm nobody's senator but yours".

A measure of the quality of a wealthy person is the quality of the jobs he creates. Elon Musk creates good engineering jobs. The Waltons create low-end jobs.

As the wealthy flee cities, rural towns should aspire to attract them.

www.jaymaron.com/billionaire.html

I'd be happier with a 2% wealth donation program than 2% wealth tax.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 101

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top