slug.com slug.com
25 19

Are you going to watch this week's Democratic National Convention?

If so, do you think "Sleepy" Joe will be able to make it to 10 pm for his acceptance speech? How do you think they will appeal to the centrists... assuming they still exist? For fun, here's a graphic of what it might be like after the DNC. If you want to share it, here's it url: [slug.com]

Admin 8 Aug 16
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm thinking "Not my circus not my monkeys" is a fitting title.

Reminds me of Banksy's parliament painting.

Not My Pony Soldiers

Probably not. Trying to be adequately informed on politics in our current infowars environment seems to be a futile exercise and only leads to an increase in blood pressure. Stress kills, and I am kinda happy with my life these days.

Amzungu Level 5 Aug 17, 2020

I've no intention of watching this nonsense.

Can't say I blame you, but usually good to know what the opposition is thinking/saying though. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer...

With that said, honestly I think our politics have become a clown show in recent times, and the clowns aren't very funny either...

i think theyre going to pre record joes speaking parts, and throw questions and commentary at that recording

I wonder if he'll have flags waving behind him... BLM, Antifa, Mexican, etc?

The event will be past sleepy joe's bedtime LOL

I'll pass. It's all just made BS and they will only speak of things they don't actually plan of pursuing if elected just like normal. "Hope and Change" means more status quo serving big donors and these two fools are no different. Lip service only to pass right wing ideology style policy just as Obama did.

george Level 7 Aug 17, 2020

That's pretty much my take on the convention. Just a bunch of posturing, pandering, and preening, regurgitation of stuff I've heard a hundred times, and promises that mean nothing. If anything relevant happens I can watch it ad nauseum on YouTube and avoid wasting my time.

Referring to a presidential candidate as "Sleepy Joe" only displays your Trumpian bias. Yes, I'll be watching the Dems Convention to see what Biden's vision is for the Country, which is more than I can say for you.

TyKC Level 7 Aug 16, 2020

Sorry, but after 40+ yrs in Congress, if you STILL need to watch the Convention to know what his vision is, well, you have certainly not been paying much attention so far. Speaking of bias....

We’ve seen Biden’s vision for the country. No borders. No economy. No middle-class. No energy. No guns. Riots in the streets are Jim-Dandy. If you disagree you need to shut up. Any independent idea of his over the years (that he didn’t actually plagiarize) has been disavowed, apologized for or hidden by the Democratic/media complex.

Unless I hear the Democrats embrace unity and shared human identity ala MLK at the convention, I believe that voting Democrat takes us down a scary path of racial retribution and government dependency. Biden is saying things now that he would have never said just 5 years ago and that suggests to me that he's a poser. It can be debated that Trump is more of a traditional liberal than the left progressives (maybe that could be a future question-of-the-day?)

If you want to see Biden’s vision for America, watch the nightly lives streams of Portland being destroyed by entitled spoiled violent communists. 70+ days online for your viewing pleasure.

I know, but Orange Man Bad so anyone is better, even a corpse.

@Admin yes— I want to get this explained a bit more. Curious **

I will watch any Joe Biden speech to see if he can stay on script for more than a minute. If he wiffs the speech he may cripple his campaign.

Since it will be pre-recorded, it'll be more a test of his ability to read. I've not yet heard him give a cohesive vision of what a great America is to him and what is needed to get there.

@Admin Pre-recorded? As in as many takes necessary to get it right? Gimme a break.

It’s remarkable that most commenters are not watching. I mean, I’m a Canadian and I watched every minute of every Democratic debate before Covid hit. In the last cycle I watched every Democratic and Republican primary debate, both conventions and all the Trump-Clinton debates.

I couldn’t criticize the hard left effectively if I wasn’t watching them closely. They’re always the best show in town 😂😂😂

GeeMac Level 8 Aug 16, 2020

I plan to watch it on double speed on Youtube with an open mind. With so much tension in the world, I get the sensation that we're going to be watching troops preparing battle instead of a political platform being defined and presented.

@Admin and if you watch BenShapiro, set it to half speed 😂

I was under the impression that the DNC decided to cancel the convention ?

iThink Level 9 Aug 16, 2020

Lol, I know, right?!

@SpikeTalon seriously - did they announce a change of mind about that? the DNC convention is a go?

@iThink Well of course, if such fits/helps their agenda, then it's on.

A virtual convention. Should be an IT nightmare.

The Democrats seem to have canceled campaigning this year... few ads or public appearances.

@Admin well I wonder why. could it be because their presumptive nominee is suffering in mid-stage dementia? oh no wait - it's that virus thing right? yeah, thats the ticket...its the covid19 thing..can't risk killing grandma - nope Biden won't be making any speeches or press conferences until AFTER November 3rd! Move along now, nothing to see here folks.

He’ll probably wrap the whole thing up by sniffing the closest woman’s hair and calling everyone a bunch of dog faced pony soldiers.

Andyman Level 8 Aug 16, 2020

That's a good graphic by the way, think I'll be sharing that one with those I know.

I'm probably going to watch it, and I think Joe might nod off some time during the convention. It would be funny if he did anyway. As for the centrists, the Democrats probably lost alot of the Independent vote once it became known Harris was the VP pick.

Where would u place Harris on the spectrum? To me she is closer to centrist or center right than anything else.

@george That depends on how you'd classify a progressive, as quite a few of the things she agrees on that progressives would as well. I think the political spectrum is messed up, over the last four or so decades now the roles (sides) have been reversed.

@george I still haven't an opinion of Harris as she seems to represent the far Left and far Right at the same time. I get the sense that she will prosecute groups that she doesn't support... including possibly people like me.

@Admin If you so much as look at her the wrong way, she would probably want to prosecute you.

@Admin I see her pander to lefties for votes but her actual policy positions put her more center to center right. The same as every other Democrat.

LOL very funny

Is it that hard to say the name correctly? Democratic National Convention. I won't be watching, FWIW.

Ha, you're right, thanks I'll change "Democrat" => "Democratic" 🙂

I can't think of a more colossal waste of time. Make that a no for me.

That's all hilarious in deed ....as much as the convention I figure.

I have a job, I will check the highlights on youtube.

It's going to be pure fantasy. Everything will be coordinated and staged, helped immensely by the video set up. The underlying theme will be "we are moderate" with talking heads of Bill Clinton and Obama to narrate the talking points. Just look at AOC who was only given one minute of air time. Openly the convention will preach their inclusivity and diversity not to mention their burning hatred of Trump. In fact I see the convention to revolve about Biden not being Trump. The whole matter of the Democrats having become the party for the far left progressivism will not be advertised at all in order not to disrupt the loathing TDS message.

Hahah epic!

All SENSIBLE people know the DEMONCRATS are COMMUNISTS and love "IDENTITY POLITICS" aka hate the white man!

TRUMP ALL THE WAY!

MAGA MAGA

bastion Level 7 Aug 17, 2020

Show me one policy from the left that represents communism.

It’s not actually a convention in the traditional sense. They forgot to invite Antifa, so they have no excuse to gather publicly. It will be a virtual convention. Basically a GoToMeeting or Zoom confab on steroids. (Yeah, no techno glitches looming there.) Supposedly it will be live, but how will we know? Or care? They could easily have been recording the whole thing in advance. Totally scripted and edited. Kind of a “Real Politicians of the Democratic Party” reality show. And as authentic.

I cut the cable in 2017 so my news comes through daily wrap-ups on sites I still trust.

The only thing of interest to me is whether they double down on their radical agenda, or make some half-hearted effort to “move to the center,” which is the supposed usual strategy for a general election. But if they try it this year, they’ll have to answer the question, “So where has this centrist party been the past six months?”

The Democrats don't seem to have a platform at this point other than BLM and Antifa/destroy the "System". Or at least that's what their media coverage seems to focus on.

No. Like "debates" they don't give any new information.

I have the actions of the candidates and parties to draw upon.

I think that centrists still exist in the Democratic party. There weren't enough progressives to nominate Bernie.

There will not be debates. Candidates will make prepared recordings and the media will only overly publicize one side, and then take-things-out-of-context for the other side, so that most people will only hear skewed information.

At least, that is what I think.

I'm sure i won't be watching. My constitution isn't what it use to be. If your centrist and still call yourself a democrat your most likely voting for President Trump anyway.

"These are not the democrats you're looking for" is a fair statement for centrists today.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 103

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #culture #evidence #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top