slug.com slug.com
1 0

I think you folks have come up with the single worst government style the world has ever seen...lol.

I'd loving more than to see small libertarian communities pop up in international waters like some people talked about awhile back as an experiment...but god I hope this never becomes popular enough to be put into place.

I think your worldview is a really cool-sounding way of saying, "I want to live in a world in which McDonald's controls the police forces."

MrShittles 7 May 25
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I kinda agree, but the complete and utter hypocrisy, incompetence, and stupidity, and cowardice of the state at all levels regarding covid-19 has got me back into seriously revisiting anarchism. For me, I tend toward left-anarchism though.

I think anarchy would be worse...that level of disorganization, especially now. Right now, what we without question need to do is slow the spread of the virus until everybody can get vaccinated. Without a strong central government, you can't get the word out from the CDC about suggestion cautions, or statistics related to the virus death rate and spread. More importantly, there'd be no way to give out the vaccine efficiently or create it with the blinding speed it's been created. I think Trump constantly gave confused, directionless messages to the extent that I think that he's either mentally ill or being blackmailed by some anti-American power, but we'd we be considerably more screwed without that vaccine, and nothing but a powerful central government would be able to accomplish that and give it out and it's coming out right in the nick of time. Any longer of a wait, and there wouldn't be much left for it to do.

The only ways my opinions have changed is that I want the government to be more ready next time with a plan in place...but if anything, I'd like a stronger, more authoritative, central government leading people in emergencies like this.

There were definitely mess-ups....but I don't think any of those mess-ups compare to the benefits of how quickly those vaccines are coming out.

That's one of my primary concerns about weak central governments. They have fewer ways of dealing with fast, unexpected emergencies...and we're going to get more pandemics with time, and the primary way to defend against them is going to be international cooperative efforts to strike down diseases before they grow into pandemics, which will require taxation.

Then there's A.I....and when that lifts off, we're either going to have to tax the heck out of it and force corporations under the thumb of the government, or else corporations could very plausibly gain the power to totally rule everything.

The there's climate change and environmental risks that are going to need stronger central government, and genetic engineering will need stronger central governments to stop people from developing engineered diseases in their basements and such.

Then, at some point, I wouldn't be surprised if we need some kind of Andrew-Yang-ish living wage that everyone gets just to buy food and such, if enough jobs are lost through automation.

Then there's the issue of satellites that could collide together and create a chain reaction that destroys all satellites, and the issue of our electrical grid currently being vulnerable to solar flares that could knock most of it out, and that stuff warrants some greater preparation.

Everything I see points to societies requiring stronger central governments over time. So...I'm thinking we should just stop resisting that general concept, but rather start thinking about how to make those stronger central governments fairer and better.

Recent Visitors 5

Photos 16 More

Posted by HeresiarchProud Papa moment - My daughter and her wife have worked in a Bob Evans meatpacking plant for years.

Posted by HeresiarchProud Papa moment - My daughter and her wife have worked in a Bob Evans meatpacking plant for years.

Posted by SpikeTalonI think most members in this group would agree with this. State and local police forces these days have morphed into a business.

Posted by DeJakeAgorism = peacefully boycotting the government, refusing to pay tax wherever possible

Posted by DeJakeBut who would protect us?

Posted by DeJakeWhen everyone thinks they're 'free'

Posted by DeJakeIs counter economics the solution? Or is it more important to focus on increasing awareness and encouraging others to find moral principles?

Posted by DeJakePolice wish you a happy holiday by showing off their robbing of street beggars [reason.com]

Posted by DeJakeA majority voting doesn't justify forced values on an entire population

Posted by DeJakeMy poor family has graciously put up with me all holidays... So far. Happy New Year to all liberty lovers!

Posted by DeJakeThe most dangerous man is the man who can think things out for himself

Posted by DeJakeTax vs Anarchy. And people like to think anarchy is the violent one while living under state that only exists by violence.

Posted by DeJakeFunny how that works out...

Posted by Rick_Giles[anarkiwi.co.nz]

Posted by DeJakeMost moral and most prosperous

Posted by DeJakeHave a free and Merry Christmas all!

• Top tags#government #society #world #Police #freedom #Trudeau #money #Canada #nation #taxes #truth #climate #video #community #religious #BernieSanders #conservative #moral #USA #capitalism #economic #violence #evil #hope #hell #books #Libertarian #reason #liberty #population #liberals #crime #liberal #rights #death #earth #wife #China #consent #wealth #racist #created #democrats #hello #heaven #laws #principles #TheTruth #corrupt #animals ...

Members 55Top

Related Groups