slug.com slug.com

4 4

As far as I can tell, the left supports 'mob mentality' ...

This makes sense I guess. After all, the Democrats started the Klan ...

#democrats

harleypig 6 May 27

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So ... no one is going to comment on the pun in this post? Are we so far gone in political correctness that we miss the obvious jokes? Even if in poor taste?

Democrats don't support "mob mentality" any more than Republicans. That is to say, unfortunately, most political groups support mob mentality.

That includes you. Now, I'm rather proud that it doesn't include me. I prefer to discourage anti-intellectualism and encourage discussion of specific issues rather than just vaguely insulting half the country.

If I owned my own debate website, I'd let people argue about things as controversial as whether or not it should be legal to devour their grandparents. I'd let people argue that everyone should wear blackface while waving Nazi flags and reciting, "We need to legalize assaulting albinos".

I would, however, delete comments like this though. Your comment adds nothing to...anything.

Step aside so I can hear more people I hate like crazy incels who believe society owes them government-provided girlfriends as a form of reparations for them being ugly. I hate them, but at least they have something to say.

Now...if you really hate Democrats...fine...just explain why. I want surveys and such...lists of bad laws they voted for, some kind of useful content.

You are encouraging the very mob mentality that you are complaining about though.

I will not step aside.

I find it interesting that you have decided you know enough about me from a single snarky comment to make a broad statement about me. Unless you have taken the time to search out all my posts and comments on all the sites I am on--harleypig is a unique enough a nickname it's plausible, but even then me as a person is not encapsulated in my online comments. At best it's a keyhole view into my personality.

The left demands everyone thinks and acts the same way while the right demands everyone behave according to their conscience and takes responsibility for their behavior and actions. This reasoning makes the left far more a mob mentality than the right.

This post was an experiment for me ... will my post get deleted because it doesn't fit some narrowly defined politically correct parameter and/or enough people complain about it, or will it be allowed to stay despite its mildly inflammatory nature (and pointing out a historical fact that the left prefers to bury).

I deleted my Facebook and Twitter account years ago because I got temp-banned because I made a similar statement in a comment and Facebook determined that I was being racist. Your comment about deleting my post is the same kind of thinking.

@harleypig I don't need to know anything about you. I was responding to your comment, not you. Statements like yours swarm all over discussion sites, dumbing down society and destroying the websites. It happened to the Citi-Data politics forum, where I also like to go.

@harleypig you have a good comment for discussion, may have stated different, or added a question, but got straight to the point and got responses. After watching government for over 50 years, I do agree the Democrat Party does push youths to protest for distraction, most don't know what they are protesting. The Party always pushes Democracy, but the don't say whose vote they rely on. To me the Party is a little different than it used to be, now they bluntly push OWG and punishment for those that don't. Seems the way to change that attitude is removing monies from government and change the Education System, a hard fight for both. Giving intelligent information to the younger for them to see they need to explore government history and the Legistration System does get them, and immigrants, to look rationally at most politicians.

@MilesPurdue I think I partly agree.

However, I think most people motivated by the Democrats know what they're raging at: Republicans. They see Republicans as a McDonald's - worshipping cult. They are utterly terrified that Republicans are going to repeal Roe v. Wade. They remember that gay marriage wasn't passed until only a few years ago.

That alone is enough to get them to assume Republicans are a McDonald's worshipping cult...and when that "cult" starts telling them they're all evil, they see it as an aggressively evil McDonald's-worshipping cult.

Then, of course, the right sees that the Democrats start demonizing all Republicans, so they demonize back, and so on, and so on, and we all become dumber, and all discussions break down into "You're a poopy-head! No you are!"

that's my opinion, anyway.

@MrShittles you said, "most political groups support mob mentality ... [t]hat includes you" ... this is makes your comment a statement about me, not the post.

The fun part is to change the attitude of the mob, takes time, but can be done.

If you are not allowed a voice, you will make no changes.

@harleypig your statement does carry truth, but if you speak and change the opinion of those with, and soon to have a voice, changes do occur.

All I ever hear from popular Republican sources of information are comments about how horrible the liberals/leftists/Democrats are. No new ideas...just 95% of it is just vague insults. I don't understand how people could perceive Democrats as a mob, without perceiving Republicans the same way.

Once in awhile they'll make specific criticisms of Democrat/leftist/liberal ideas, but they don't discuss those views. They just, instead, try to depict them as horrible in general and poorly planned and only supported by idiots...

and the Democrats do the same thing with the right, pretty much.

@MrShittles I'm not a republican. I'm not a democrat either.

The mob mentality continues on with mask and social distance shaming.

the same people who are showing us pictures of themselves in their backyards with friends not following rules. But if you go out in public, it's filmed for a live Twitter audience and clout

@BuffaloJayhawk What rules? Do you mean the suggested behaviors?

@harleypig exactly. if you are going to shame someone for not doing that. Then do as you say.

@BuffaloJayhawk I misunderstood what you meant. I thought you were defending them. Sorry. 🙂

@harleypig no worries

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:99479
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.