slug.com slug.com

3 3

This is why alot of people don't trust the CDC...

The CDC's new 'best estimate' implies a Covid-19 infection fatality rate below 0.3 percent-
[reason.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 24

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The flu is technically a pandemic too

If you can do the math with the data that is published everywhere, you can figure out that the true mortality rate of COVID-19 for those of us who are not smokers or have any serious underlying conditions is more like .01% (about a tenth of the risk of dying of the flu.)

Because of our risk adverse culture, no one who cares to hold onto their political position in WHO nor the CDC is willing to publish anything that might underestimate the risk, so they inflate them so they can't be "wrong." (Except in my eyes, and anyone who can do the math.)

Hi Tim,
For those of us who are math challenged, are you dividing the number of deaths by the estimated number of positive cases or is there something I’m missing. It seems impossible to account for all the people who have been infected and recovered without testing. Thanks

@73jazzbass. I'm not sure I can persuade you of what I believe is true, but I'll try.

First, don't assume that the number of reported deaths is of any value. In any other year, almost all of them would have been recorded as heart disease, tuberculosis, diabetes, cancer....as well as the flu. Notice how few flu deaths are reported this year. For political or whatever other reasons, almost every death from any cause is being recorded as COVID-19.

Secondly, if you understand that an Ro of 5.7 in 2.5 days means that the entire World was exposed to SARS-CoV2, which causes COVID-19, before New Years Day 2020, except highly isolated enclaves, like islands with no flights. And except for Taiwan, South Korea and Japan, almost no other countries started responding to the undefined threat until around the 1st of February. So that means the base is probably more like the population of the World. Most researchers are beginning to suspect this when they now say they think the base might be 80 times the reported cases. I believe it is far higher than they report, but are unwilling in this political climate to admit.

Thirdly, the data clearly shows that unless you are a smoker or have some serious pre-existing condition, you have less than an 1% chance of the virus killing you.

So a very small number of deaths actually attributable to the virus - especially in healthy people, and a very large number of asymptomatic cases. What numbers would you use?

No persuading necessary. I was just wondering if there was a formula that was more on target than simply dividing the number of “covid related deaths” by the estimated amount of those infected. I wasn’t calling you out at all, just tapping your knowledge. I’m not familiar with the Ro factor which makes sense.

That number is THREE times higher than the one I heard today, 0.1%!!!!!
But when was the last time the CDC got it right??????

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98976
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.