slug.com slug.com

1 5

US news:

Study shows Covid-19 infection rates declining in states that lifted lockdowns-
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree the media is pumping fear, it is its standard go to. US COVID numbers have plateaued, they are not going down and will rise as things open. Around July they might call it a second wave but its just a continuation. COVID is going to be here for a while. A lot is going into making a vaccine, around 14 different ones and about 6 of them looks very promising. Still it will not be till 2022 when widespread vaccinations will have happened. In the mean while we will have to make do with washing hands, face mask and social distance measures.

So far it has not been that deadly, current estimates are its about 2 1/2 times as bad as the flu at its worst. Not the end of the world. Its really bad for the old who have existing illness.

Its a matter of the right to voluntary acceptance or risk. Wanting to eliminate All Risk is the Vice of SJWs and soccer mom anti-vaxer Karen's. We have done a lot to mitigate transmission but the results only slow the virus down. COVID-19 is surprisingly contagious and all most all recover from it.

So far we have around 100000 deaths. At 0.25% death rate would put the maximum at 875000. I don't think we will reach that but 100000 or more deaths by November is not unrealistic. We can't just hide out for months and do nothing without consequences, that is scored by the economy. We would have to shut down far more than we did to stop COVID-19. Doing that would cause food shortages and collapse of basic services.

Considering the risk I advocate for immediate opening up with safety measures. Yes more will die but that's going to happen no matter what. The term "second wave' will likely be a politically weaponized term even though it is technically not true in aggregate.

A black swan that could change this is if it mutates into something much more deadly. And it is muting a lot, its an RNA virus, that's what they do. The only way I can put odds on that is the longer it does not happen the lower the chances are.

I can see no reason why it will just suddenly stop short of mass vaccination.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98319
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.