slug.com slug.com

8 7

In the right perspective

(Copied & pasted - WORTH A REALITY CHECK)

For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900. When you are 14, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday with 22 million people killed. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Fifty million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million. When you're 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, global GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy. When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet. When you're 41, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war and the Holocaust kills six million. At 52, the Korean War starts and five million perish. At 64 the Vietnam War begins, and it doesn’t end for many years. Four million people die in that conflict. Approaching your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, could well have ended. Great leaders prevented that from happening. As you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends. Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How do you survive all of that? A kid in 1985 didn’t think their 85 year old grandparent understood how hard school was. Yet those grandparents (and now great grandparents) survived through everything listed above.

Perspective is an amazing art. Let’s try and keep things in perspective. Let’s be smart, help each other out, and we will get through all of this. In the history of the world, there has never been a storm that lasted. This too, shall pass.

Naomi 8 May 7

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This photo is not of the Holocaust, but of Ukranians starving to death thanks to Joseph Stalin's policies on food collective production.

It's name is the Holodomor and it killed more than the Holocaust, actually.

Show off! Lol! Thanks for sharing your knowledge. 🙂

@Naomi Regardless, very good post.

Putting things in perspective is important.

I worry about how the millennial generation will fare after our Western World goes back to a new normal, where people will likely have a different perspective on borrowing and spending on things like restaurants, clothes and vacations.

It will be the best thing to happen to them. WE have an urgent need to DECENTRALIZE not be cool and trendy and box up in filthy disease liberal cities.

Well, you were a young man once, no? And you had your version of new normal, no? 😛

@johnlondon Decentralization is something I have supported for years. The young who have not been taught to think things out, to critique their own thoughts and thoughts of others will not know what to do when challenged, they may not be able to Google answers because they can't pay their cell phone bills. Not a good looking future for them.

@Naomi Yes I was once young but that was long before the internet at a time when a man's worth was based on his ability to solve problems and fix things around the house and car with his own hands. I work with youth today to help them design their future and find the biggest hurtle is encouraging them to try something new, not fear making mistakes, something the school system has denied them, made them fear.

Wow. I felt bad for my niece when she was crying about missing prom, but this really puts things into perspective. We have so much to be grateful for.

Do you get the whole point of this piece (not my original, hence "copied & pasted), i.e. see things in the right perspective?

Hmmm ... Excellent piece ... one I’ve looked at many times in wonder (not that piece but those statistics) ... further, I have looked back and tried to add in all the deaths due to Regime Change (Stalin/Mao) and known major wars prior to 1900 and ancient plagues as well as their “best guess” mortality rates ...

Then I look at the “Estimated World Population” chart ...

Interestingly enough, the population line on the chart barely slows in its steady rise which continues to climb exponentially...

The time period from 1850 to about 1970 was particularly brutal for the Human Species and yet ... in the scheme of things ... made almost no difference at all ... (though 1442 to 1700 bears mention in terms of the “New” World ... but no-one has accurate projections)

How can that be?
It seems like the Human Species was busily breeding replacement stock to fill the gaps but then too, the “Average Age / Life Span” of our species was somewhere around 38 years ... true “Old Age” until recently was anyone over 55 ...
(Which is why Social Security in the USA was set ... in the late 1930’s ... at 65 ... very few were expected to live that long)

Also left out the uncountable number of deaths caused by the followers of a terrorist so called " prophet."

Do you get the whole point of the piece though, i.e. seeing things in the right perspective?

Correct, only don't let the Globalists push their agenda while this "storm" is going on. take care of your community but don't support that which will destroy it.

You left out what killed more than all of these..... Mao and Stalin's COMMUNISM...estimated 60 to 100 million and that was not others killed in war but their OWN citizens all victims of forced EQUALITY.

Hello. Maybe the original poster is a communist! That's why they left that bit out! 😱🤣

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95518
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.