slug.com slug.com

3 2

Abuse of power? Oregon Governor extends lockdown to July 6, state has recorded 104 Covid related deaths-
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Soon, the facts will be known about this version of the common cold, and everyone who did stuff like this will look like an idiot. REMEMBER THEM! Don't let them tell you conservatives did this. Call them on it! Make sure they know you believe they are the liars they are!

At times I wish hanging for treason would be brought back...

@SpikeTalon, This gets bad enough, and if we don't get wasted first by these lunatics, that might be a reasonable reaction by the surviving freedom-loving majority.

She did not extend the lock down. She only extended the EO that gives her the authority to extend the lock down if necessary. You need to check your facts before posting such an incendiary comment. She's probably doing what she thinks is best for Oregon, whether you agree with it or not. In fact she's planning on reopening the State. She does not need criticism founded on disinformation. It drives people apart, is divisive, creates division and undermines thoughtful communication. Here is a link to the description of what she did.

[oregonlive.com]

I humbly suggest you actually read any linked-to articles before jumping on someone. The article you linked to pretty much said the same thing (minus that she could lift restrictions as she sees fit) as the one I linked to, and whether or not she is deciding on lifting some restrictions is not the point. The point is Brown's recent executive order gives her the power to keep current restrictions in place until July, and some people are saying such is plain overkill. I know two people who live in Oregon, and both of them would disagree with your take on the matter. Nothing wrong with a little criticism. You want to talk about creating division and breaking down communications, one need not look further than some of the states with Democrat governors and how well (or rather how poorly) they handled the pandemic in their states.

Also, keep in mind I didn't write that article, only shared what I thought was a worthwhile news read. Just because I share/link to something does not automatically mean an endorsement on my part.

#spike Talon Your argument might hold water if she had taken some draconian measure upon the extension. But she didn't. That's like saying if there are race riots and people have burnt buildings, since there haven't been any buildings burned in a week, it's an abuse of power to extend the state of emergency. EO's can be challenged in court. That she is extending the EO so that she can reopen the economy in a measured fashion and not risk Portland becoming NYC seems perfectly reasonable to me. This is not like Trump's EO that ordered State governments could not close meat packing companies, giving them legal cover, but lacked any provisions requiring the meat packing companies to address the unhealthy working conditions in the plants. The CDC did put out guidelines, but they are voluntary, not mandatory. That's not only draconian, it's stupid.

I wonder if the White House has some kind of place to file complaints like they had when O-bomb-a was in office for people to send in names of persons they thought had made bad comments about O-bomb-a?

Alien and Sedition Acts were not put back in the genie bottle?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94724
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.