slug.com slug.com

1 1

LINK Selective Reporting

There was another shooting this week, this time in Milwaukee. Despite the loss of life, the news media will spend very little time covering the incident. Is this because gun ownership and self-defense have recently become less important issues to the corporate media? Not likely. Is it because corona virus hysteria sells more ads? Perhaps. However, absent any other headlines, we probably wouldn’t hear much about this tragedy because of the shooter’s ethnicity and political leanings; it’s difficult to hang the supposed “gun violence epidemic” on white supremacists and Donald of Orange when the shooter is more likely a black supporter of Fauxcahontas.

etinvisibilium 6 Feb 28

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How Important Is The Right To Bear Arms?
I don't own a gun.
Recently I posted in favor of the Second Amendment. I found out immediately who were my true friends.
Some regard themselves as the defenders of peace, and feel everyone should disarm. They are utterly unwilling to admit that they might be the second party to a social dynamic that actually increases the likelihood of violence.
A person who has become so desperate as to use a firearm in a crime - or worse, one who feels it is a tool of choice to take whatever they want, are usually unimpressed with anything other than clearly greater force. This is actually one of Lau Tsu's principles in the "Art of War." Also known as Sun Tsu, his assertion is that without a show of superior force, anyone willing to be aggressive has no motive to stop.
That was certainly the case in World War II, when Chamberlain's "appeasement" of Hitler resulted in the death of 6 million innocent civilians. When accused of inciting war, Chamberlain took no responsibility. Hitler did the deed, and the Allies failed to act decisively to prevent that horror.
In spite of the fact that he is doing exactly the opposite, some today equate Trump's firm stance with inciting ISIS, regardless of the fact that ISIS declared their intention to destroy the U.S. long before Trump declared his candidacy.
That is exactly the same kind of disconnect that makes me wonder how safe I am when someone is so blind in the face of aggression that they would essentially encourage it by disarming everyone.
A group recently described by Democrats as "Peaceful demonstrators" clearly were baiting police to produce a video bite of police brutality. Even worse than a disconnect, those people were creating a lie driven by contempt.
This is the same thinking that has eroded your Constitutional rights by the Progressives since 1937. The Second Amendment was written as a protection against that very danger. The problem is that no reasonable person wants to think that bearing arms against each other is necessary, so the erosion continues. No one has taken up arms to defend the Constitution since the Civil War. And the murder rate since then by firearms has increased in proportion to their regulation. Yes, that's right!!!
So I see the incitement to violence and realize they are going to cause someone to get hurt. It makes me worry that I might actually have to defend myself and loved ones - even if I am willing to wait another day and hope the damage to the Constitution will somehow magically be reversed, and the contempt I feel from those who believe I am wrong to defend the Constitution will disappear.
It seems clear to me that those willing to judge others are the cause of war, regardless of any self-image of being peaceful.
I am grateful to know who are my true friends. I feel comfortable and safe with them because they are absolutely sure of my peaceful heart. Those who regard me with suspicion drive my impulse to arm.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80404
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.