slug.com slug.com

1 3

LINK Atlas Society

The Philosophy

Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism was set forth in such works as her epic novel Atlas Shrugged, and in her brilliant non-fiction essays. Objectivism is designed as a guide to life, and celebrates the remarkable potential and power of the individual. Objectivism also challenges the doctrines of irrationalism, self-sacrifice, brute force, and collectivism that have brought centuries of chaos and misery into the lives of millions of individuals. It provides fascinating insights into the world of politics, art, education, foreign policy, science, and more, rewarding you with a rich understanding of how ideas shape your world. Those who discover Objectivism often describe the experience as life-changing and liberating.

Ayn Rand's philosophical works have been praised as presenting historic breakthroughs in thinking. At the Atlas Society, our scholars work to further develop this philosophy born in the mid-twentieth century. We present the empowering principles of Objectivism to a global audience, and offer those principles as a rational and moral alternative in the marketplace of philosophical ideas.

RevRonaldFrench 7 Jan 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”

—Ayn Rand

Ahhh, but reality today can be subjective. What many common words even "mean" are up for grabs. The word Woman once meant a specific thing (a biological female of our species) and now...well...to hear some talk, it's a subjective feeling...there's no actual characteristics that define a woman, so in effect, a "woman" in any physical form does not exist..it's merely a feeling...and "identity"...and you can put it on or off like an old coat. So if I said I was for women's rights in Rands day, I would mean a very specific thing. If I said it now, it would mean I promote rights for people who are biologically female and every single other human on the planet...which means everyone..which of course means no one in our divided "inclusive" world.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71829
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.