slug.com slug.com

2 1

LINK India, too...?

My friend in India tells me that once upon a time, people of all religions lived happily together - no longer...

Naomi 8 Sep 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

from what I understand, which is little, from reading between the lines of news broadcasts is that the exclusion of almost 2 million people from the citizens register in Assam is because of illegal immigration from Bangladesh, which would make sense as they would have no right to citizenship.

History (divide India into a Muslim nation and a Hindu nation because they did not live happily together) -

[en.wikipedia.org]

Today "Since Narendra Modi came to power in May 2014 the level of religious persecution of Christians has gone up dramatically. Every year more violent incidents are registered, mainly because the government is looking the other way."- India's persecution of Christians has gone from about 20th in the world to the 10th worst under Modi's Hindu Nationalist agenda. Muslims share an even larger portion of the Indian population (15%+/-) and no doubt receive their share of persecution from the Hindu majority.

I had no idea that the Buddhists had such a small percentage share in India.

[opendoorsusa.org]

So certainly not all.

The idea that a multi-ethnic or multi-religious state can achieve relative peace is seemingly not a natural progression. People of all religions living happily together - yeah, just think of that "neighbor" we all have. So no, that's happy talk unless you're proposing to lace all of the drinking water with Lithium.

Hello. I guess my friend can speak only based on her experience, memories and the stories that have been passed on from the previous generations. I think it is right to say that India is a huge country and not everyone is affected by political polarisation. There are many "pockets" in India where Muslims and Hindus live peacefully together with almost no incidences of sectarian violence.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50995
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.