slug.com slug.com

2 3

Why fear is a terrible justification for gun control-
[bearingarms.com]fear-gun-control-n64520

SpikeTalon 10 Nov 20

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fear is the primary tool to control the minds of the fearful. Fear is sown with exaggerations and lies for the purpose of distracting the fearful from reality and bringing them into the cult that worships the authoritarians' grip on power. Those who use fear as a tool hate the ones to whom they lie, the ones who see through their lies and the Constitution of the United States that limits their ability to control the people they hate.

So now what you’re looking at are warring fears.

I fear being unable to defend my family from an attacker. Is my fear somehow less than the fear that drives many to call for gun control?

“But your fear is irrational. You’re not likely to be attacked,” some might argue, and they’re not wrong. Statistically, I’ll never have to draw my weapon in self-defense at any point in the future. But if that’s the deciding factor, then their fear of being attacked is equally irrational, isn’t it?

And that’s kind of my point.

Touché!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:382544
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.