slug.com slug.com

2 2

Being I grew up in the late 1980s into the 90s, this article got my attention, and was not previously aware of that docuseries. Personally never liked or watched Barney as a kid, but there were certainly similar alternatives for kids in that time period that I did like, and as a kid I probably watched what would nowadays be considered a politically incorrect amount of time behind a television set. Yet, I didn't grow up maladjusted, because even though I watched a considerable amount of television both of my parents were equally involved in my life and spent alot of time engaging me, thus a fictional character never had to fill a void in life as with some others. In other words, you can't really blame the television set, blame the parents for not being more active in their children's lives. The parents get the final say, and when my father used to say time to turn off the TV and let's go outside for awhile and play catch, that was that, but at least my father acted like a true father. That begs the question more now than ever these days, where are the parents of these troubled kids? I blame poor parenting, not fictional TV characters...

New ‘Barney’ docuseries isn’t about love or hate, but why a purple dinosaur can’t replace parents-
[thefederalist.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Oct 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fundamentally, how a child grows up is the responsibility - and consequence - of parental efforts (or lack thereof). Regardless of the era, or society.

This ⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️

Thankfully, when I was a child the argument was about how much violence there was in cartoons. Yet a few of us grew up without that trait. Boomers like me have done tremendous damage to our children.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:375902
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.