slug.com slug.com

3 5

If Red States Can’t Protect Voters From PayPal, They Deserve to Lose

…PayPal trying to outright steal the money of non-woke users is just the rational culmination of the company’s priorities. This time, at least, some shouting on Twitter was able to reverse the policy before it began. But there is no reason to let things stop there. Lawmakers and regulators should act immediately make sure PayPal can never consider reimposing such a policy. There are plenty of things they can do. And if Republican lawmakers and AGs can’t take immediate action to protect their voters from being outright robbed by woke capital, then they deserve every political defeat they will subsequently suffer….

[F]ortunately, the fix is easy. There are a whole raft of laws that any state can pass right now to protect their citizens from unjust monetary seizures or financial deplatforming:

• Decree that no person’s account may be frozen or forcibly closed absent evidence of an actual crime.
  • Ban any predefined fines in excess of some nominal amount (such at $40) suitable for covering things like overdraft fees. For any larger amount, a company must sue in court for damages.
  • Legally clarify — and have state regulators issue guidance — that “reputational” risk-management frameworks for financial institutions should, as a matter of policy, consider only the reputation for solvency. Not “environmental,” “social,” or political matters. Prohibit banks from collecting any liquidated damages for so-called reputational harm….

[revolver.news]

Garsco 8 Oct 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Painpal. Payfoe.

Paypal harasses users by delaying payments and demanding shipping receipts. Jerks.

If I were POTUS I would liquidate Paypal.

I believe that larceny is still illegal in all 50 US states and doing it by internet is also a Federal crime.

I fully agree on that. Time the Republican politicans step up and do everything in their power to ensure their constituents do not get taken advantage of by opportunist progressive organizations seeking to profit off of "wrong" speech or expression.

No matter what the "terms of service" says, if you take money away from someone against their will it is still theft. Only the government of the states or the Federal government has the right to fine someone for violating a statute or tax someone for a legitimate government interest. PayPal is claiming the prerogatives of a government.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:373664
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.