slug.com slug.com

2 4

Thomas Sowell used to say that “no one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems—of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two.”

Think about the War on Drugs, Trade Wars, Income Tax, the Jones Act, the Export-Import Bank, and the Federal Reserve. All of them are blatant failures. All of them fail to achieve their good promises. All of them harm our economy, liberties, and lives. And, still, the political system keeps supporting all of them. - Joshua Eakle, Students for Liberty.

FrankZeleniuk 8 Sep 24

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sowell is mostly right. And those typical politicians need to slander anyone who has a higher mission, or they will appear to the voters exactly what they are: primarily decievers.

There ARE those who are deeply concerned about the challenges to the US Constitution, and pledge to defend it. It is the only reason they are in politics. And you know this is true because they stick to that pledge even when Democrat slander against them works, and they lose office.

Anyone who claims to be a Republican and fails to defend the Constitution is a deceiver.

Thomas Sowell used to say that “no one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems—of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two.”

Hear hear! I have been telling people that very thing for many decades. I usually begin by saying "Gov't is NOT your friend"

I truly believe this is at the heart of why the political establishment hates and fears the likes of a Donald Trump.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:370099
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.