slug.com slug.com

3 5

Is sanity returning to New York as well? Maybe they’re seeing the writing on the wall.

N.Y. Supreme Court strikes down NYC law granting voting rights to non-citizen residents

"Today's decision validates those of us who can read the plain English words of our state constitution and state statutes: Noncitizen voting in New York is illegal, and shame on those who thought they could skirt the law for political gain. Opposition to this measure was bipartisan and cut across countless neighborhood and ethnic lines, yet progressives chose to ignore both our constitution and public sentiment in order to suit their aims. I commend the court in recognizing reality and reminding New York's professional protestor class that the rule of law matters," said City Council minority leader Joseph Borelli.

[cbsnews.com]

Garsco 8 June 27

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whenever I meet a self described "progressive", I ask where they would like us all to progress too? Everyone of them, so far, either looks at their shoes or their eyes follow an imaginary fly around the room.

@Garsco Yes, that's the point.

Sparta and Athens had constitutions, and they were cooler than the U.S. constitution. It's the reason why
Sparta and Athens dominated Ancient Greece.

To vote in Sparta and Athens, you have to show up personally and be identified by your fellow citizens.

Sparta and Athens almost never admitted new citizens. This is why they lasted for a long time.

In around 400 AD, Rome admitted new citizens, and those new citizens subsequently sacked Rome. This is why the Roman empire fell. Pax Romana was over.

The American Empire will fall. Pax Americana is over. It feels like Asimov's "Foundation". We need to establish the next empire.

In the UK, the House of Lords admits new citizens, but you have to have merit. The House of Lords had sense and sensibility. This will end. It will go woke and admit leftist babies.

You mean sanity is also Blue?

They've moved the guard posts so far to the left that those who used to be Left-of-center like Tim Pool and Joe Rogan are now seen as "far Right."

@eschatologyguy I saw the meme Elon Musk posted.

@FuzzyMarineVet likely didn't see what you saw.

@eschatologyguy Elon retweeted a meme that shows a three part progression. Line one the protagonist is standing in the middle of the left. Line two the left steps over and now the protagonist is standing squarely in the center between the two sides. Line three the lefts takes off running further left and the protagonist is left on the right. In all three lines the protagonist has not moved.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:348638
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.