slug.com slug.com

1 2

Where is the Uvalde School District chief of police?
[hotair.com]police-n473058

SpikeTalon 10 June 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am sorry to see that people are looking for someone - almost anyone it seems to point at and place the blame for the killing of those babies and teachers.
The guns are not to blame - the various Law Enforcement people are not to blame - neither is the mayor nor the teachers or the school board members.
The one place where blame is to be placed is the shooter himself. The people in that little town, the family members of the children who died so violently, and even parents whose children were there when the shooting happened but survived - all are in shock - mentally, emotionally traumatized.

The shooter is dead but all of those mourning people desperately need someone or someplace to express their anger - their hearts and minds are carrying around a burden so profound that it demands to get out - out of their hearts and minds. They NEED - desperately to attack someone - to BLAME someone for their loss.

The chief of police, the mayor, the police officers and the Border Patrol guys cannot logically be blamed - the killing was already underway and all but done before anyone with a gun could get there.

Nobody knew with any degree of certainty how many shooters were inside the building - and that is a valid point of concern. Even oblique accusations of cowardice are unjust and out of order.

Today I saw a story about 1 man - who was in a barber chair when he heard there was an active shooter at his daughters school building. He acted instinctively - a loving Father rushing to save his baby girl. And he did just that and more.

Without hesitation he grabbed the barbers own shotgun and ran to the scene. He entered the building and I am not sure I got this right but I believe he is the one who shot and killed the shooter - BTW he rescued his own daughter and no doubt saved many other lives in his heroic act.

The people there need to find the hero - and stop looking for someone to blame for their loss. Recognize the hero - give him an award...revel in the preservation of many young lives that day. It could have been much much worse...look to the good. Give up on accusations, anger, hate. it helps nobody nor anything in any way manner shape or form. Anger only drags you down. Let it go into the grave with the shooter. Let it lie there with his corpse and let it disintegrate as his body will disintegrate.

If you're implying that no blame should be placed on the apparent police inaction or that the police shouldn't be held liable for said inaction, I have to seriously disagree with you on that one, based on the evidence I've seen so far. I do blame the shooter first and foremost for why the incident happened at all, but the police response most likely cost more innocent lives, and there was indication they knew they were dealing with a lone shooter who was trapped in a classroom. The police had all the tolls necessary to handle a solo shooter from weapons down to other equipment, and yet they waited for 45 minutes while innocent kids were getting gunned down, not to mention the reports of some of the officers physically restraining frantic parents who wanted to help their children, and really and truly can't blame them for feeling that way.

Alot went wrong with that police response, and I'm not going to sit here and make up excuses for what appear to have been blatant acts of either stupidity or cowardice or a combination of both. When people don't do their jobs they get fired, why should any exceptions be made for those officers who obviously failed at their jobs? Good thing the border patrol agent finally decided to go in and deal with threat. You said it could have been much worse, and that it could have, but had certain people done their jobs like they should have it could have also been better. As for when the actual killing was done at what time, that's still open to debate, from what I've heard most of the kids eventually killed were still alive by the time the police cornered the shooter in a classroom, and kids were frantically dialing 911 while their classmates were getting gunned down, and yet the police still stood outside and waited. Again, I'm not going to sit here and make up excuses for either morons or cowards, and being angry and trying to find someone to blame is besides the point, as there's nothing wrong with criticizing the inactions of another that could very well have cost others their lives in the process.

And let cowardly police that are sworn to serve and PROTECT off the hook? These ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:342100
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.