slug.com slug.com

2 4

A Democratic State legislator in Oklahoma suggested that men should get mandatory vasectomies, in response to another bill banning abortion from the moment of conception.

At a meeting of the Oklahoma state legislature Friday, Democratic Rep. Mickey Dollens suggested that members of the legislature who supported the abortion law, House Bill 4327, should consider another bill he planned to introduce, which would mandate that young men in the state receive a vasectomy once they reach puberty that could only be reversed when they are “deemed financially and emotionally responsible.”-
[dailywire.com]democratic-oklahoma-state-rep-floats-mandatory-vasectomies-for-young-men-after-legislature-passes-abortion-ban

SpikeTalon 10 May 22

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some people are incredibly stupid...and unfortunately so many of them get elected to public office by other stupid people.

I've been saying for yonks that the planet has gone stark raving mad!

Mad indeed, and keeps getting loonier.

Reminds me a bit of the old Randy Stonehill song. I'ts hard to believe he wrote that song in the early 1980s.

@SpikeTalon *

*Mad indeed, and keeps getting loonier** as civilization drifts further away from any connection to a moral code and secularism dominates the culture.

@iThink The moral code part perhaps, but not necessarily any connection with secularism. Some of those I know personally who would be quick to shaft others and whom partake in just about every vice known to man are also the very ones who wear the cross around their necks and attend Sunday services every week. When things start to go south in society, look to the majority for the root of the problem and not the minority, and secular individuals in the US are still in the minority.

@SpikeTalon valid point but I talking about greater society - there are always anecdotal exceptions - I have known people like that too.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:339912
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.