slug.com slug.com

2 3

Looks like Kathy Barnette went a bit too far...

Kathy Barnette has crossed a line in Pennsylvania-
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Perhaps the biggest problem is the GOP of Pennsylvania.

So, after calling out the other candidates as RINO pretenders who will damage the party and the country, she is still expected to vote for them? Refusing to do so is "crossing a line" a good Republican shouldn't cross? Not to me, it isn't? She hasn't crossed a line she shouldn't have crossed; the Republican Party has done so, repeatedly. They have repeatedly put forward RINO candidates, often claiming that they are the only ones who could win in the general election, and expecting the conservative voters to just hold their noses while they vote for them. Well, some of us won't vote for any Leftist wolf in conservative sheep's clothing (as Mehmet Oz, for example, certainly appears to be). If the party doesn't like that, then they should blame themselves, not those of us who will not violate our own principles or conscience just so they can hang on to their power in the Swamp.

As for me though, as hard as it would be to vote for a guy like Oz, I certainly do not want a guy like Fetterman to win, talk about a disaster outcome. No arguing on what the Republican Party has become. Also, how do I know for sure Barnette isn't just another wolf in sheep's clothing globalist? What applies to some Republican candidates could also conceivably apply to her as well.

@SpikeTalon You raise good points. As for picking the lesser of two evils when voting, I suppose each voter just has to follow his/her (notice only two gender options there) own conscience on the matter.

As for deciding who is or isn't a wolf, I suppose we can only do what we have always done and look at their track records up to now. Do we really think Barnette is the conservative she has claimed to be for so long, apparently while publicly holding and advocating conservative positions, or do we really think that Oz has so suddenly become conservative after being so blatantly leftist for so long? I guess Trump believes Oz after talking with him, but I don't have any good reason to believe him. And I'm not willing simply to take Trump's word for it. But, at the end of the day, that is Oz's own fault, isn't it?

At any rate, although I don't have to deal with this particular choice as a voter, since I don't live in Pennsylvania, I do have a similar issue every election cycle in Illinois.

I concur with your opinion on this topic

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:338629
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.