slug.com slug.com

2 3

Abortion protests Biden won’t condemn at doxxed SCOTUS homes may be illegal-
[nypost.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 7

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

TOO BAD, they don't even know what THEY are protesting, either side!!!!!!

It seems obvious that demonstrating at the home locations of gov't officials would be a serious crime that would come with very punitive charges and punishment.

Americans have the right to peaceably assemble. What was illegal was the leak and the doxxing to pressure, terrorize(I don't use that loosely) Supreme Court Justices to sway the outcome of a Supreme Court decision.

@FrankZeleniuk

"Right to assemble" and as you know Right to free speech are not absolute. There are common sense exceptions to that Right.

Call it an assembly, A demonstration, A riot - whatever the objective and proper characterization might be - call it what you will. I do believe it is a felonious violation to threaten (verbally, in writing, in speech making, in the myriad ways things can be communicated today) public officials with violence in front of their homes and when about in public as well, (such as in a restaurant, at a ball game, or in a tavern...) "Assembling" at the home of a Judge, a congressman...etc is at the very least an implied threat.

There is written, codified Law on this matter and I am fairly certain that this behavior falls into the criminal code as felonious - committing a Felony is a serious crime.

@iThink All freedoms recognized in the US Constitution are there because they are left to the individual to monitor himself. You should have the common sense to attune your speech to your audience. Of course, doxxing public officials and inciting hatred toward them is not proper. A nation will soon lose free speech if its citizens cannot be civil and respectful of the rights of others, to their security and safety and the sanctity of their person and property.

Your right to freedom of religion is in jeopardy if you start to force yours upon others.

Your right to bear arms will be infringed if there are wanton and random shootings occurring and criminals who do so are not held accountable. It is part of your natural right to defend yourself. I would go so far as to say that some people who wish to infringe upon the right to bear arms may create or allow wanton and random shootings to occur.

The right to peaceful assembly will be restricted if too many assemblies turn into a violent mob.

The Democrats wish to create laws infringing upon all these natural rights and love it when people abuse these natural rights.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:336589
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.