slug.com slug.com

6 0

Ideal 2020 IDW candidate

Who do you feel is the better* candidate for 2020 in regards to mantaining the IDW principles?

*within the available people who actually announced are running, not your theoretical ideal.

Jay1973 4 Apr 24

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Despite the fact she's about out of the race, I think that Tulsi Gabbard is probably the closest to IDW principles. As an added bonus, Killary clearly doesn't like her, which makes her all the more attractive as a candidate in my book. I will admit that her military service and politics do make me scratch my head a bit. I think she's probably about the only one capable of independent thought at this point.

Is anyone here thinking about Andrew Yang? I personally wish Dan Crenshaw was running.

The closest one we have ,sadly, is Trump

How so...? The primary IDW principle is "discuss with or debate all, insultingly shut down none". He has literally never done that.
There are 0 IDW leading figures that support, or even like him.

@Jay1973 considering that the leftist Dems are in a free stuff frenzy, can’t let go of collusion and seek to divide us along race, gender, nationality, etc, etc lines, I see Trump as the most sane candidate who has done great things for our economy, employment and stock market. Dems are race baiting, frothing at the mouth liars who seek to buy votes with free stuff we can’t afford. Not very Idw of them.

@Clammypollack I agree with you in the DNC but how is Trump aligned with the IDW just by running against someone who is not?

@Jay1973 you asked which candidate would uphold the IDW ideals. For the reasons stated, I feel that Trump would most likely do that and the democrat candidates are least likely to do that. Separating us by our sexuality, gender, race, nationality, etc., etc., etc. is not a very IDW thing to do. I am confident that Peterson would agree. For that matter, trying to get elected by promising free education, free loan forgiveness, reparations, a guaranteed national salary, Medicare for all among other freebies is also not so, especially in light of the fact that it is impossible to pay for all of those things so the promise is a lie.

I remember a time when my limited exposure to Nancy Pelosi made me think she was reasonable. Ummm, nope. She's a nutcase--worse, a dangerous nutcase who believes any heinous action is justified by the latent virtue of her own convictions. Terrifying.

SO, I have had some limited exposure to a few people on both sides where SO FAR they look reasonable. I don't trust it yet. I'd say Dan Crenshaw is one on the right and Andrew Yang on the left. I don't know if Crenshaw is the IDW type--don't know that about Yang either. And, I honestly just don't know enough about either to commit.

I think I'll look both up, thanks!

@Jay1973, I forgot part of your request. The other member is correct in that Dan Crenshaw is NOT running in 2020.

But, who is running on the right against Trump? Trump is likely the right's best candidate, and I wouldn't think he'd get a lot of competition.

Right now i don't see a dem id vote for because of that trump gets the nod unless something changes. Between Kavanaugh the coventry catholic kids smallett and russia gate the left showed me thier crazy

Did you examine Tulsi?

@Jay1973 not 100% but from what i hear she is in a failure to launch stage

You gonna need a "None of the Above" if you wanna make a poll

Not really. Because, again, I just want to hear who ppl think adheres by the principles of civil discourse, free speech, and refusal to polarize. If you research your candidates you'll find ar least one.
One that you won't necessarily vote for--I just wish to discuss people's research

@Jay1973 Sorry, I try to make funny.
Seriously though, after 30 minutes of research, I don't even have an accurate list of candidates.
Based on what I saw just trying to compile a list, I'm sticking with None of the Above.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33656
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.