slug.com slug.com

4 0

LINK Seasteading. Yay or nay?

What are your thoughts on the seasteading couple currently being pursued by the Thai government for setting up the first seastead in international waters?

Would you ever live on a seastead? Why or why not?

JJFstar 2 Apr 24

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There actually is an old abandoned military outpost that was taken over by a family and declared an independent nation called Sealand in 1967. It's off the coast of England. The British government doesn't recognize it's sovereignty but. so far, no one's bothered to do anything about it. I think that's a more appropriate response than what the Thai government is doing. If they are out there minding their own business, who cares?

I can see a place like that as an interesting vacation but, I don't think I'd want to live there. I'm too wedded to conveniences that aren't available in that kind of isolated environment.

No, I'm quite comfortable with the luxuries I currently have, also I don't like to be threatened with death for living in what amounts to a metal box in the sea.

Not me! To much life left to live.

No thanks. Did you not hear about Atlantis?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33583
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.