slug.com slug.com

2 1

LINK I feel like saying "I told you so"

Stossell's good.

cRaZyTMG 7 Apr 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My daughter's elementary school has already started brainwashing them into believing that the electric grid as it is is bad for the earth and that green power is the only way to go. I get it. It's honorable, but completely lopsided and unfounded. I had to explain to her much of what was in this video and left it at, "It's ok to learn about new things and to get excited about them. But everything we see and hear must be counterbalanced with pros, cons, and alternate or contradictory ideas that might highlight areas that need more information. Your school is teaching you one thing without looking at all that other information. Does that sound wise?" I want her to look forward to advances in green energy, but to recognize the pros within our current infrastructure. As JBP says, it's unfathomable that everything works without falling apart or collapsing around us. And I tend to agree with him. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah. I've heard the pro nuclear rational. I also lived 75 miles downwind of 3 Mile Island when it was starting to meltdown - with my new baby! They say nothing happened. "Minor" radioactive leaks. But the experience made me really dislike nuclear. The waste disposal is also an issue. There are people working on salt reactors that are far more efficient and leave less toxic waste. I still don't like it!

Yeah I get it.
My reason for posting was the notion that electric energy isn't clean by default. You have to consider how the electricity is generated.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33488
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.