slug.com slug.com

4 6

Sales of Jill Biden biography are embarrassingly low (250 copies in week one), Twitter users react: 'Her husband is the most popular president in American history'
[theblaze.com]

toronto_Georgia 8 Apr 30

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Certain to end up at the dollar store.

I wonder why...?" Hot babysitter books usually come with lots of pictures.

do you think they were playing doctor back then? Is that why they call her "Doctor" Jill?

oh I'm sure "they" will find about a million orders for her book that somehow got tied up in a computer somewhere - a "glitch" you know.

I truly expect something like that to happen because it is NOT - NOT! the content of the books these clowns produce that matters. It is the SALES they can show because after all the books are nothing more nor less than money laundering schemes - see Hunter Bidens "Art" sales! Same thing.

Good observation about the money laundering. Never thought of that. Of course low sales can also be blamed on the quality of journalism, couldn't possibly be lack of depth and value in the subject matter.

@toronto_Georgia

Hilarious remark couldn't possibly be lack of depth and value in the subject matter

Another way of saying who gives a (fill in your own explicative) about Jill Bidens life story. Which is how I would have put it LOL

I like yours more though. - are or were you an English teacher?

Anyhow your comment gets right at my thoughts about books and paintings being money laundering schemes. I mean who WHO in the world would by either (the Bidens works - cough cough, sniff, spit!) much less pay upwards of tens of thousands of dollars for paintings of Hunter Biden. I did a web search looking for info on her biography. Did not see any info on the publisher nor on sales volume. But there was language about her being a "Best Selling author" - go figure.

@iThink Ahuh on the money laundering. Not sure but I think two journalist wrote ABOUT her, I do not believe it was a ghost written autobiography so it wouldn't be listed with her as author.
[amazon.com]

No teacher here, paralegal with a major in psychology. Law is primarily a profession of "language", often drawing literature majors. Spent a lifetime working with words.

That also explains why so many Congresspersons and Senators are such great orators.

@toronto_Georgia

No teacher here, paralegal with a major in psychology. Law is primarily a profession of "language", often drawing literature majors. Spent a lifetime working with words

My kind of girl - Words - writing and reading seem to be something that came naturally to me. I only have a lowly associates degree. My longest period of employment was as a crane operator in a Steel plant. It took me a long time just to get my two year degree because I worked full time and supported my family and payed my own way. But I finally did accomplish that much. My motivation was purely personal. I needed to prove to myself that I was not stupid. I had cause for thinking that way but that's all ancient history. Water under the bridge as the saying goes.
When I tested out of High School in '69 the results showed my strength was in Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Writing, spelling punctuation etc. I was about HS level in algebra but I had never been taught algebra at that time.
Psychology - fascinating field of study - don't know if I could ever have hacked it as a career in psychology. Perhaps Criminal Psych would have been a good fit...not sure.
But, alas...it was the steel plant for me..ha!

@iThink I'm glad you got that degree and yes, writing is certainly a talent of yours. The psych was a natural for me but not much use without the Masters. I went to 15 schools by the time I graduated HS in 69 as well. You don't move that often without learning to understand people, a true survival skill. People have always fascinated me and like most psch majors I wanted to help. No masters, I went to work and discovered my best fit was in legal offices. Helping people really motivated me, not the billable hours like everyone else LOL.

You did what we all do, you worked hard and raised a family, kept the roof over their heads, food on the table and get to enjoy your skills on a site like this. Not a bad deal at all. Its a pleasure learning a little more about you.

@toronto_Georgia
Wow 15 schools - Military dad Iwould an obvious guess.

Thank you for the kind words. 🙂

It's worked for Dianetics!
Just have minions buy the books, then sell them back to the bookstores, rinse and repeat, just like Scientologists do!

@Heresiarch and what is your point?

@iThink If they want to give the "impression" that anyone is interested, they could create the illusion of sales, just like Dianetics.

@iThink No military dad here, he served during WWII, used military bills to get his degrees in finance (McGill and Warton, UPen, then as CFO did a number of upward moves through a few different corporations, necessitating all our moves both in Canada and the US. Didn't take us kids long to learn rules were different everywhere ergo they were all arbitrary decisions within each society. Growing up moving so much (not through hardship) really was an education in and of itself.

You are welcome, kind perhaps but more importantly, truthful. A credit to your nature.

all 81 million of them can't be that dead, can they?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:334802
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.