slug.com slug.com

11 2

LINK Why Do they Hate Us and How can We Change?

Now, might we have a Civil exchange on the Pros and Cons of Islamist Terror Attacks. Were the Sri Lanka Attacks a Just Response to the Christchurch Attacks? Who has the Historic Lead in Terror Deaths? How can we in the West Change so as to make US less Harsh to Militants? and blah, blah, blah.......

10thGeneration 7 Apr 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would seem that even some of the newspapers in Canada are finally seeing the threats as they are, no matter the ideological beseechings from the make believe feminists in power.

Quote -

"If you say anything that downplays white nationalism as an ideological force or source of violence, some fool will claim you’re blowing a racist dog whistle. And will probably misspell it. But the accusation is grotesque because one thing that struck me immediately about Chrystia Freeland’s tweet was its callousness about non-white lives. The vast majority of some 20,000 terror victims in the world, year after year, are not killed by white supremacists. The most common terror victims are non-white Muslims killed by non-white Muslim terrorists. Wikipedia, for instance, says four attacks last year killed over 100 people each. In Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria and Nigeria. All by Islamists. Drill down to the monthly list of smaller incidents and it’s almost entirely non-whites, killed by Islamists with the occasional Maoist or purely local ethnic motive.

Even if Freeland were concerned solely with Canadian lives, it would be difficult to explain why she considered white nationalism the top threat or even “grave.” A Google search reveals a lot of people hyperventilating about it. But the Wikipedia article on “Right-wing terrorism” cites the left-leaning New America think-tank’s list of such deaths in the United States since 2001 and it’s 86, an average of five a year."

Yeah, you read the extract correctly

00 085 +/- for the alt-right
20 000 +/- for the islamists

Things that make you go hmmmmm....
[nationalpost.com]

I think saying the Sri Lanka attacks were responsive is naive.

Word was out prior that attacks would take place on and around Easter Sunday on christian places of worship. Many were warned worldwide.
I recall my father mentioning it just before the Notre Dame fire (needless to say he's convinced of motive for that, considering the warning)

I, personally, feel Islamic extremism isn't the same as lone wolf actions.

It is a breeding ground for hate, which provides a motive for action, as well as a reward in promise. These traits are a recipe for disaster, as we see with the yearly death count regarding victims of Islamic terror.

The best change would be to stop agonizing over stupid questions like why “they” hate us. The next best change would be to stop apologizing for the unparalleled success of our culture. The third best change would be to collectively grow a spine and defend a way of life that has resulted in greater freedom from oppression, poverty and ignorance than at any time in history.

From time to time I find cockroaches in my house. I don’t worry about how the feel. I spray them.

Well said....

This comes back to the tribal nature of mankind. There is a subculture within the culture of the Islamic faith that strongly believes in waging war against all that do not believe as they do. I am not saying that other religions haven't had similar subcultures inside of them. I'm not denying history.
I think it is faulty to believe that if we just listen to them and try to understand them... they will change. Very unlikely. Influences have to come from within the overall Islamic culture to try to end the radicalization. For some of the malevolent radicals that will never change and want a war..... well a war they will have.

I agree...

Two places to go read up on islamists .... please note that I do not say muslims. the two are generally seperate things. As follows;

All islamists are muzlims
YET NOT
All muzlims are islamists.

[jihadwatch.org]

[thereligionofpeace.com]

Izlam is NOT a religion, it is an ALL encompassing system of law, belief, fanaticism bred into the islamist from birth until death. The men are no less dangerous than the women.

Taquiya is the way in which the islamist fools the infidel.

Murder, torture, rape and any other debasement of a human is used to control others via sharia-law.

It is wholly inadmissible in a western civilization and WILL overthrow us of we sit idly by and tolerate it.

As, quite simply, islamists tolerate nothing but absolute adherence to sharia and the coran, or death to the infidel.

Screw them and don't let them in why should we change for them

Well said...

In asking the question itself - how can we in the West change - we make the mistake of applying our own values to people of a very different mindset; we assume that we can appease, or negotiate, or that both parties will come to some mutually beneficial arrangement and peace will prevail. I don’t believe that this can or ever will work, at least not before Muslims dig themselves out of the regressive, culturally-deficient social structures (or should that be strictures) they’ve created for themselves.

For us to do anything would be to sell ourselves very short.

The Link is actually a reuters article about ISIS claiming credit. The Tags are just a tongue in cheek effort to abide by the Admin's desire for civil dialog. I agree there is no civil dialog. Nor is there any possible globalization as long as the Islamists and other cultural predators are secure in there dark corners or communist thrones. Thanks for chiming in. I agree...

@10thGeneration, sorry, didn’t realise there was a link on your post! I’ve obviously missed the gist.

First off social media and msm needs do stop coddling their terrorist, in humane ways. When we can actually have a real conversation things can change. But till everyone acknowledges the problem we will have more of the same. Or until humans come together and remove their existence. They haven’t evolved in over 3000 years what makes anyone think they will now

I'm not sure of your definition of terror. But, if you take into account 'deaths under a christian banner, under a banner of Islam, or a secular banner, I think you have a pretty tight race. However, I think those banners are an excuse anyway. People kill people, and they usually find some reason to justify it. That's a universal.

What do we do about it? I think the only thing we can do about it in general is flood the world with resources--enough food, enough possessions, enough water, enough energy, enough technology, etc. That might influence violence. HOWEVER, there does seem to be a need to create our own meaning through maintaining some kind of peril. There's always the next evil group around the corner.

Gangs are an interesting phenomenon. It seems they create life and death struggle--a way to maintain the need for survival--tribalism, an us and a them that maintains some order and creates connection (at least alliance). The better times get, will the violence increase? Makes some sense. Terrorists are like militant gang members on steroids.

Anyway, interesting topic. I don't know is my answer. I don't think we've ever seen a culture without bullies/takers in one form or another.

Thanks for the honesty.....

Problem with your ideology is every religion on this planet evolved from being mass murders. The Muslim religion hasn’t moved a year towards human civility in over 3000 years

Actually, I went on Wikipedia to try to figure out who killed the most people in the name of ideology and surprisingly, Communism was 'way out in front, Islam was second and Christianity was 3rd.

@Marydaniels6011 izlam has only been around for about 1400yrs.

[metmuseum.org]

The Hijra
Emigration became the only hope for Muhammad and his followers' survival. In 622, they headed to Medina, another oasis town, where they were promised freedom to practice their religion. The move from Mecca to Medina is known as the hijra—the flight—and marks year 1 of the Islamic, or hijri, calendar.

[thereligionofpeace.com]

[jihadwatch.org]

Trouble is... I feel no need to change

To please someone who has proven by past actions to be completely unconcerned about my welfare?

Sorry, when you terrorists do your Jihad thing we don't care about your feelings when we deal with you

And as far as making the US LESS HARSH to militants, we are far too nice and need to be firm, like dealing with wayward children. Murderous wayward children that don't deserve any compassion.

We agree...

I am trying very hard to invite discussion.....so hard my tongue is hurting my cheek here! Admin wants a civil discussion. This is the best I can do....

The language used was very civil, and the comments repeated it many times, Id say a complete success!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33427
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.