slug.com slug.com

1 1

LINK Lorelee Siemens | Blog

My Unpopular opinion for today. It is fine to donate money to #NotreDame and the memes asking for the money to go to the poor instead are wrong. #TuesdayThoughts
[loreleesiemens.com]blog

Lorelee 6 Apr 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good article, and good reasoning. Thank you for posting this, Lorelee.
However, let me suggest you proofread a little more carefully and verify facts. Notre Dame was built a bit more recently than "6000 years ago." 😉

This what I wrote about that. I think it is accurate. That is because of the history of the church. The church was built on the grounds of a church that had been built in the 4th century. The first church was built in memory of Steven, the first martyr in the Christian faith.

In the year 1160, it was decided to build a larger church. It was decided to be built in the Gothic style that was popular in that time. The building was finished in 1345. Almost 200 years.

@Lorelee Okay, the church was built on the grounds of a church that had been built in the fourth century. Right now it's the twenty-first century. That's 1700 years, not 6000. 6000 years would put it around the time of Noah's flood – problematic.

"Doesn't that mean it shouldn't be rebuilt? If it was built on the backs of poor people? That was 6000 years ago. And no one is asking poor people to donate money to it now, the very rich people of the world are the ones donating. That is kind of a beautiful thing. A fresh start."

@Wordmage yep found it and fixed it. 600, not 6000. 🙂got I had said something about the years again at the end. Thanks for the catch

One is glad to be of assistance. 🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33378
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.