slug.com slug.com

6 0

Does anyone else feel Julian Assange is in a hopeless situation?

Encouragement is appreciated.

2FollowHim 8 Apr 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He posted the pic of the president eating lobster in bed.
(Actually, how involved is JA in such things?)

such is the natural outcome of becoming a martyr. he knew what he was getting himself into. not saying he deserves whatever evil happens to him; just saying the plain truth of it all.

He seems to be in a no win situation. The only way he wins is if he dumps everything he has at the right time. That may just save him!

It really depends on how much money he has to mount a defense. A reasonable argument can be made that he is a journalist and he did nothing more than the Washington Post and New York Times did with the Pentagon Papers. However, he'll have to press that case clear to the supreme court and that'll be costly. Even then there are no guarantees.

It is possible that the government would prefer to let him off lightly rather than get an unfavorable ruling in court. In that case, they might cut a deal with a light sentence.

I see your reasoning but it's the deep state that want J. A. gone he will not be cut any deal's. He is and will be protected. Sorry but some are forgetting the horrible unspeakable crimes against humanity, children in specific that have been committed but many in these leaks he revealed.

@Gerri4321 You may be correct but, there's another side. If a court rules that what JA did was legal, they won't be able to go after the next guy that does what he did. So, while they do wnat JA to go away, if they believe that there's a reasonable chance they will lose this one in court, their inclination will be not to let it get there. One way to do that is to cut a deal.

Another strategy would be to get a favorable lower court ruling and then offer the deal provided he doesn't appeal. That way the lower court ruling would set the precedent.

My read says that if JA was willing to sit out 7 years in the Ecuadorian embassy, he'll probably fight it all the way but, you never know.

@MickeyRat the FBI already said what he did was not Ilegal. So to push the issue of legalicy would be the wrong way to go I think. Maybe trying to prove he concluded with Trump to get him elected in some way everything he leaked was not from government severes so I can see where they can't go with this.

Yes, it could go badly for the government, good point.

Not me he is Alive and will stay Alive GOD will not let evil win GOD does not always choose godly men to do his work but he chooses the perfect man to get it done

I'd like to feel that way!!

@2FollowHim Faith have Faith that's what it's for

Almost a lost battle, but I think most in government want it quiet. If the charge is just how he got info and not what's published, it shows "SHUT UP !!!"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33316
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.