slug.com slug.com

1 1

She survived in a basement as nazis took her family. 81 years later, she died in a basement as Russia bombed her city.-
[dailywire.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Apr 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Who put her in the basement though?

If you're upset by Russian soldier 'targetting' civilians, shouldn't you also be upset by Ukrainian soldiers doing the same?

I am regarding the part of Ukrainians doing the same. Only thing is there are far more documented instances of the Russian Military doing that than the Ukrainians, but both are still wrong.

With that said, the topic of the OP this time was talking about the Russian Military committing war crimes, and the Ukrainians doing the same thing does not take away from the evils being carried out by the Russians. There's no shortage of anti-Ukrainian rhetoric on this site, and this post merely brought (or attempted to) some balance to the conversation.

@SpikeTalon re: "there are far more documented instances of the Russian Military doing that than the Ukrainians" - a lot of these instances have been proven false if not questionable. There have been instances of Ukrainian National forces committing crimes, then pinning it on the Russians.
re: "There's no shortage of anti-Ukrainian rhetoric on this site" - that's not true unless you count calling out the Ukrainian nazis or criticism of the corrupt Ukrainian government and hypocrisy. I don't see how posts discussing how Ukrainian nationalists killing Ukrainian civilians is somehow 'anti-Ukrainian rhetoric'.
The reporting on the Ukraine/Russia conflict is just as biased, misleading and full of one sided propaganda as the covid and 'vaccine' coverage it has replaced.

@Tom81 It is true, the nazis in Ukraine represent a very small percentage of the population, and for that matter there are neo-nazis present in Russia (think Wagner Group) and the US, so labeling the whole country of Ukraine as being nazi as some on here have done is in accurate. For every one instance of Ukrainian Military personnel framing Russian soldiers, I could probably find twenty or so instances of the Russians doing the same thing. As I've stated before multiple times on here already, I don't for one moment doubt Ukraine is fabricating some situations too, but one side has still been lying more than the other and based on what I've observed so far I somehow doubt Ukraine is the side that's lying more. A supposed corrupt Ukrainian (not denying that accusation by the way) Government does not in any way absolve Russia of the war crimes it is committing now, two wrongs never make a right, but it's been difficult to get some to realize that point.

What are you talking about? I didn't mention Ukrainian nationalists killing Ukrainian citizens, don't know what posts you were referring to there. I was referring to the posts that classify Ukraine as a whole as being nazi, which is categorically false. Again, the crimes that Ukraine is supposedly guilty of in no way can or should absolve Russia of the crimes it is committing against Ukrainian civilians, and to attempt to argue otherwise is an attempt to deflect from the original point in this post. Pretty much by your own admission you do acknowledge that there are plenty of posts on here that offered criticism of the Ukrainian side of the conflict, which is all fine and good, and I offered up some criticism of the Russian side based on actual evidence and eyewitness reports which is equally fine and good.

What "reporting" is that? I haven't been paying much attention to what mainstream media sources have to say on the Russian/Ukraine conflict and personally don't really care what they may have to say on the matter, so if that's who you were referring to it wouldn't apply to me as I don't follow corporate media organizations. I do however follow OSINT individuals who are known to take a neutral stance on matters/events and go by actual evidence to arrive to their conclusions instead of emotions and propaganda, and such individuals provide their evidence to the public for scrutiny before anything is considered fact. Those are the people I've been following for news on that conflict.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:332360
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.