slug.com slug.com

1 0

LINK An interesting take on our cultural landscape

Another good video from Rebel Wisdom, who firmly tie themselves to the IDW.

I think the framing is quite apt, with the blue church vs the red religion, but I think that maybe the colour schemes might be wrong as metaphors for political leftism or conservitism. Judging by this site, maybe there is a fair amount of red in the red religion, but I at least come from the subcategory of "individual who is not of any established political persuasian, and is trying to resolve the seemingly insoluble systemic collapse that will result from the contradictory forces pulling society along".

Maybe black religion would be closer to what we're a part of. Jordan mentions that this movement tends to act like a drunk man picking fights with the bar tender, and I think that is because we an amalgamation of disaffected conservitives, nihilistic outsiders, crypto fascists, and probably a fair amount of other categories. Each acting as a signal boost when subgroups do something that intersects the value sets of other subgroups. This is partly why the IDW and the alt-right get associated, even though those subgroups vary significantly in their values overall. We tend to occupy the same spaces on the internet, which is where this religion exists.

There is much to unpack with this topic though, so share your thoughts in the comments and enjoy the video if this is your sort of thing.

Riffdiculous 5 Apr 22

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry, but Mr Greenhill seems a bit vague in his thinking in this interview.

@Riffdiculous Sorry, I did not watch the entire interview. After twenty minutes of viewing vaue, unorganized thinking I had had enough and felt he was wasting my time.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33064
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.